3-Year Fitness Equipment Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- What's Covered: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- Get fast repairs or replacements from SquareTrade, an Allstate company
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new or Amazon certified refurbished products purchased at Amazon in the last 30 days. By purchasing this Protection Plan you agree to the Protection Plan Terms & Conditions (http://www.squaretrade.com/terms-standard). Your Protection Plan Terms & Conditions will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase
SUUNTO Ambit3 Peak HR Running GPS Unit
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Suunto Ambit3 peak delivers Stable and accurate altitude and weather information with full navigation in a robust casting
- Includes built in altimeter, barometer, compass and GPS with 100 meter water resistance
- One of the most competitive battery hours in the market, 200 hours with 1 minute accuracy
- Connect Ambit3 peak to your smartphone for syncing your activities, customizing on the go and seeing calls and notifications on the watch
- Add Photos in movement and create a Suunto Movie with the highlights of your Adventure to share with your friends
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Suunto Ambit3 Peak
The GPS Watch for Explorers.
Suunto Ambit3 Peak
The journey to your summit is what it's all about – whether it's a mountain or a personal best. The Suunto Ambit3 Peak is your ultimate GPS watch for sports and adventure. It guides you every step of the way, providing all you need to progress and stay safe on your quest. Connect your watch wirelessly to your smartphone and use the free Suunto Movescount App to adjust the watch on the go and visually enrich, relive and share your adventure. There is no better companion out there to make every move count.
Suunto was born in 1936 when Finnish orienteer and engineer Tuomas Vohlonen invented the mass production method for the liquid-filled compass. Since then, Suunto has been at the forefront of design and innovation for sports watches, dive computers and sports instruments used by adventurers all over the globe. From the highest mountains to the deepest oceans, Suunto physically and mentally equips outdoor adventurers to conquer new territory.
Outdoor and Multisport
- 30h battery with 5 sec-GPS accuracy (1 min-accuracy: 200h)
- Route navigation and track back
- Altitude (FusedAltiTM)
- Weather information
- Heart rate while swimming
- Activity based recovery time
- Speed, pace and distance
- Bike power support (Bluetooth Smart)
- Multiple sports in one log
- Discover new routes with heatmaps on Suunto Movescount and Suunto Movescount App
- Movescount training programs on the watch
- Extended feature set through Suunto Apps
- Languages: EN, CS, DA, DE, ES, FI, FR, IT, JA, KO, NL, NO, PL, PT, RU, SV, ZH
- Upload and share your moves instantly.
- Customize your watch on the go.
- Time and GPS satellite data up to date on the go.
- Use your phone as second watch display.
- See calls, messages and push notifications on the watch.
Enrich, Relive and Share
- Take photos during your Move showing your current speed, distance, and more.
- Create a Suunto Movie of your Move with 3D map, key metrics and images.
- Share your experience instantly to your social media networks with the Movescount app.
The journey to your summit is what it’s all about – whether it’s a mountain or a personal best. The Suunto Ambit3 Peak is your ultimate GPS watch for sports and adventure. It guides you every step of the way, providing all you need to progress and stay safe on your quest. Connect your watch wirelessly to your smartphone and use the free Suunto Movescount App to adjust the watch on the go and visually enrich, relive and share your adventure. There is no better companion out there to make every Move count.
Color: Black | Style Name: With Heart Rate Monitor
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
307 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-4 of 307 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After that I spent nearly a month doing heavy research in the matter -- not exaggerating, I was spending 2-3/day reading reviews, comparing prices, reading forums, etc. After all that madness, I narrowed the field to the Ambit3 and Fenix3, which are head-to-head competitors, almost feature per feature.
In the weeks leading to my purchase, however, it had become apparent that the Fenix3 had unresolved serious issues. Given there was literally zero response from Garmin and wasn't clear if the bug was firmware fixable or if it was a hardware flaw, I simply lost interest. I'm not one to drop a few Franklins in the hopes a developer will be able to fix a critical bug (which, as far as I know, they have not officially acknowledged).
At any rate, once I had decided on the Ambit3, the decision became about which version (Peak or regular) and color (black, blue, etc.). After deliberating about it for a day or so, I decided on the Peak version.
First impressions: the watch is huge! Definitely not subtle and quite substantial. I'm ~ 5'10'', 180lbs and it looks rather big on my wrist. At the same time you can tell it's built like a tank and could take an unreasonable amount of abuse with no issues :) That said, you can tell the designers at Suunto at least _tried_ to make that behemoth more presentable and easy to carry around. Gentle curves throughout, the watch itself arches to contour the round shape of a wrist and very comfortable and snug straps.
The initial setup was super easy. A guided wizard-like steps and menus make it trivial to have your watch ready to go in about a minute.
*** NOTE: BEFORE YOU TRY TO PAIR WITH YOUR PHONE, UPGRADE YOUR Ambit3's FIRMWARE VIA USB CABLE AND MOVESCOUT. IT WILL NOT PAIR CORRECTLY OTHERWISE ***
This watch has an amazing level of customization and a ton of features you can tweak pretty much to your heart's desire, but you can only do most of that via the mobile app. As of this writing, they have yet to release the Android version of the companion app, so, if you own an Android device, you might want to hold on for a few weeks before forking the money on this watch. The iOS app itself looks good, and, again, is the main means of taking full advantage of your watch's features. The movescout website is fantastic, IMO. I've seen workouts in Training Peaks, Strava, MapMyFitness, etc. none of them are as clean and well presented as Movescout is. I'm very happy with it.
The GPS tracking for running/cycling is really great and very accurate (tested in measured paths). I have not yet tried it in unmarked trails, so cannot comment on that capability. It supports any Bluetooth 4.0+ devices, my Sosche hear monitor, for instance paired immediately and w/o issues. Another nifty thing is the "smart-ish" watch capabilities. While paired with your phone, it will show notifications as they come in. This is such useful feature, at least for me. 95% of my runs and training are during the week and in or near the city, so it's great to be able to do that while at the same time see who's calling or texting or that email from work and you can make a decision whether it's important or urgent enough to stop and reply (SPOILER: it almost never is). Note that you can't reply back or control your music via the Ambit3 like a full-fledged smart watch can do. But just having the notification covers almost 100% of my use case, so +1 from me.
There are also a plethora of "apps" in movescout you can "download" to your watch and if you are technologically inclined, you can even create one of your own.
The temperature/thermometer is invariably ~ 10F higher than it should be. Haven't yet found a good way to calibrate that, but I'd say it's the only sore spot I have.
The compass works great and since it's not GPS based can be reliably used at all times. Calibrating it is quite easy.
The Altimeter/Baromoter is an interesting animal. It can be hard to calibrate if you aren't at sea level and with good weather to create a reference. You can use GPS assisted altitude, but that sorta defeats the purpose of having those sensors on board.
Overall, I'm quite happy with my decision and I highly recommend it. My only warning would be not to expect to use it as your "every day" watch since as previously stated it's quite substantial.