|Item Weight||16 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.4 x 8 x 13.2 inches|
|Item model number||Prime Bookshelf - Black Ash|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Assembled Diameter||6.5 inches|
3 Year Electronics Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
SVS Prime Bookshelf Speaker (Pair) – Premium Black Ash
|Speakers Maximum Output Power||150 Watts|
About this item
- High-end in every way but price, the SVS Prime Bookshelf speakers deliver amazingly refined sound quality and stunning dynamics as fronts, surrounds or center channel in home theater surround sound systems, or as the star of a 2-channel audiophile system.
- 6.5-inch woofer is mounted in its own dedicated and sealed compartment to ensure smooth, precise and clear midrange and bass output that’s free from coloration. Cone material is light and rigid with excellent handling across the mid-range frequencies. Low frequency extension is shockingly deep and effortless considering the cabinet size.
- 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter is light, efficient, and rigid, and plays crystal clear at high volumes. The clarity offers a sense of transparency, while offering an ‘airy’ presentation so vocals, dialogue, high-pitched sound effects and musical content always sound crisp, smooth and natural.
- A proprietary SVS SoundMatch 2–way crossover enhanced by expertly refined topology ensures accurate frequency response and silky-smooth transitions between drivers as well as pinpoint imaging and phase coherency.
- "SVS may have done too good a job with the Primes… These speakers have a presence about them both visually and sonically that stops you in your tracks… For $249 each, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better sounding set of bookshelf speakers." -AVTechReviews
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Prime Bookshelves: World-Class Performance, Compact Form
Designed for two-channel purists and home theater fans alike, there simply isn’t a finer bookshelf monitor available in this segment. Equally adept in home theater or 2-channel settings, the Prime Bookshelf can form the foundation to an outstanding surround sound system. Their handsome styling and high-end finishes will make you proud to have them in your home, even before you’ve hit the power button. Matched with both the Prime and Ultra Center, Prime Satellites, and SVS subwoofers, your system’s clarity and dynamics will be stunning once called to perform.
FEA and CAD Optimized Cabinet
The precision machined front-baffle chamfers were carefully engineered to reduce tweeter diffraction artifacts, while the rest of the cabinet was designed to eliminate resonances for an honest, neutral and uncolored sound. Likewise, even the grill has been FEA optimized for maximum transparency.
1 inch Aluminum Dome & FEA-Optimized Diffuser
The light, efficient, and rigid 1 inch Aluminum dome tweeter provides high SPL, minimal distortion, and a sense of utter transparency. It deploys a FEA optimized diffuser to ensure only the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Since we share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend perfectly while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
Sophisticated Crossover Design
Our exclusive SoundMatch crossover sports premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors, and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. All of these high-quality components yield lower distortion, tighter tolerances, better heat dissipation, and all around better sound. The 2-way crossover is uniquely tuned so each driver can blend perfectly with each other while offering the best on and off-axis response, while maintaining phase coherency and razor sharp time domain behavior.
Trickle Down Theory In Action – SVS Ultra Sound At A Prime Price
Borrowing heavily from the Ultra line, the Prime Bookshelf is packed with high-end technology and premium quality drivers, setting a new high-water mark for sound quality and performance value at this price point.
The crossover is the key to any great bookshelf, and our exclusive SoundMatch network is packed with quality components and exhaustive refinement for outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior. The transition between tweeter and woofer is so smooth and seamless you’ll swear it sounds like a single full-range drive.
The front baffle of the cabinet is chamfered and the drivers are flush-mounted to reduce edge diffraction for a smooth high-end and outstanding imaging. Inside the FEA and CAD optimized cabinet is braced to eliminate resonances for an honest, neutral and uncolored midrange.
Sonic overachievers on all levels, the SVS Prime Bookshelf speakers are stunningly dynamic, pinpoint accurate and utterly transparent. They deftly serve as reference monitor loudspeakers in a two-channel system or as high-performance front, center, or side/rear surround speakers in a multi-channel home theater.
Compare with similar items
Klipsch R-41M Powerful Detailed Bookshelf Home Speaker Set of 2 Black
SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker (Pair) - Piano Gloss Black
Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers with 4-Inch Carbon Fiber Woofer and Silk Dome Tweeter (Black, Pair)
Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-Field Studio Monitors - Powered Speakers 2.0 Setup Wooden Enclosure - 66w RMS
ELAC Uni-fi UB5 Bookshelf Speaker (Black, Pair)
|Sold By||CAPITOL HOME THEATER||JRsourcing||OneCall||Micca Distributor||Edifier Online Store||Shop 1-Click (SN Recorded)|
|Color||Premium Black Ash||Black||Piano Gloss Pair||MB42X Advanced Bookshelf Speakers||Walnut||Black|
|Item Dimensions||9.40 x 8.00 x 13.20 inches||7.87 x 5.75 x 11.30 inches||10.90 x 8.50 x 15.00 inches||6.50 x 5.80 x 9.50 inches||8.40 x 9.10 x 9.90 inches||10.80 x 7.90 x 12.80 inches|
|Item Weight||16.00 lbs||7.00 lbs||19.00 lbs||8.00 lbs||14.55 lbs||35.90 lbs|
|Speaker Type||Bookshelf||Bookshelf||Bookshelf||Bookshelf||Wireless, Bookshelf||Bookshelf|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
That was 6 weeks ago. These speakers are on a different level than the Polks. They are built like a tank. The highs and midrange makes music and movies sound more lifelike. I was perfectly happy with the other speakers until the Primes began to sing in its 4th week. Before the Primes my listening time was 80% movie 20% music, now it's about 55 to 45%. There's much more detail in the music. I'm going through my music and movie collection and enjoying them for the first time again. Will be buying SVS center and sub in the future.
The speakers were well built, beautifully finished. And they sound so beautifully. I fell in love with them in the first few minutes. I used some test tones to test the bass and they kick in at 20 hertz...bass was deep but tight...my room started to shake at around 40 hertz...quite something for bookshelf speakers...The mids and the highs were very musical...I was so happy that I went with SVS...songs I've heard so many times before sounded so much better as if they were new... I have listened to music 5 hours a day ever since I got these speakers... couldn't get enough.
Was thinking about getting a sub but as of now it's not really needed in a bedroom setup. Up front in my living room it would be a great addition especially for movies.