|Inside Pockets||Water Bottle Pocket|
About this item
- Zipper closure
- NARROW PROFILE BACKPACK: This sporty, narrow backpack offers just the right amount of storage for your everyday items. Pack things like your tablet and campus or office supplies inside its slimline interior and minimize your day-to-day carry.
- TABLET STORAGE: Main compartment features a padded tablet pocket to ensure your device stays protected during a long commute or trip.
- UNPARALLELED ORGANIZATION: A front organizer panel embeds divider slip and mesh pockets for notebooks, ID, pens, pencil, and cords. This compartment opens into a lay-flat panel, making it easier for you to store and access essentials. Add a side zip pocket, an exterior water bottle pocket and compression straps to hold everything in place and you are ready to take on the day.
- COMFORT ON A NEW LEVEL: Slender, padded shoulder straps integrate air mesh padding for better air circulation while an Airflow back panel delivers breathability via padded, mesh panels. The shoulder straps’ thumb-ring adjusters let you adjust and hoist the pack comfortably on your back.
- DIMENSIONS: Exterior – 18” x 9” x 7”; Tablet pocket capacity – 10” x 7”; Bag volume – 15.9L
4 Year Luggage Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plans starts on the date of purchase. Stains, rips or tears and seam separation covered from day one. Defects in materials or workmanship covered after the manufacturer warranty expires.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Products purchased in the last 30 days are eligible for coverage by the Plan.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
A padded tablet pocket located inside the main compartment keeps your fragile tablet protected throughout trips and commutes. Able to fit up to a 10” x 7” iPad tablet, arrive at the airport or office with your device the same way you nestled it inside the tech compartment.
3598 City Backpack
Crafted specifically for the urban commuter, the narrow SWISSGEAR 3598 City Backpack has a deceptively spacious silhouette with an extremely low profile that is highly unobstructive on one’s back. With a front organizer panel and a designated tablet pocket, secure your devices and effortlessly retrieve them at the office or airport. Ergonomic shoulder straps and back Airflow panels accentuate its built-in comfort.
Built with a slender silhouette, this street-ready pack can hold your tech and must-haves. It's slim profile makes it easy for everyday commuters to carry and organize essentials without being weighed down with unnecessary bulk.
Keep your MetroCard, valuables, and campus supplies inside an exterior zip-around organizer. Plus, there's a padded tablet sleeve located in the main compartment to protect your devices and side water bottle pocket for on-the-go hydration.
Adjust this bag to fit your physique via adjustable, padded straps and side compression straps. Plus, a signature Airflow back panel delivers lasting breathability.
Ready When You Are
For decades, SWISSGEAR has been dedicated to providing forward-thinking backpacks, luggage, and travel accessories. With technology, functionality, and style as our core design components, travelers and commuters continue to rely on our modern collections to stay ready wherever they are. Built from vision. Created by precision. No matter what adventures, challenges or opportunities are in your path, SWISSGEAR makes sure you’re prepared for whatever lies ahead.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The handle strap is thick and makes it comfortable to hold the bag down at your side. When worn, the straps don't feel like they're pulling on my neck or shoulders. The shoulder strap padding is a generous thickness. The straps are designed with small safety reflectors and are easy to adjust with thumb pulls. The bag itself molds to the curve of my back with breathable padding that never feels hot. It's amazing that it only weighs 1.5 pounds while still being so padded and organized! Plus, it isn't too long for my petite 5'4" frame and short torso...it hits me right around my hips.
The external drink compartment opens wide enough to hold my stainless steel coffee mug snugly, and is deep enough to hold almost an entire standard size water bottle (pictured). Even better, when holding the bag flat, the drinks I'm holding don't slide out! Small items and electronics are organized neatly in multiple internal compartments, which are easy to find and access with the wrap-around zipper. The zipper pulls make it a breeze to try to open my bag and pull things out or put them away on the go - I never have to stop moving.
Plus the material is very durable and even beautiful...I've gotten caught in the train doors, tossed the bag onto the floor at home and on my car's backseat, and it still looks perfectly new. I am NOT careful with this backpack! Still, there are no unsightly scuffs or frayed edges even after a couple of months of hard use, and the contents throughout it all remain secure and unbroken.
As for what it can hold: I have multiple charging cables, my Kindle Paperwhite, my portable battery/wall charger, headphones, 1-2 smart phones, my Nintendo switch in the hard carrying case, papers/IDs, toiletries, lunch/drink, and sometimes an oversized hoodie and my large wristlet. The bag is never too bulky or heavy with ALL of these things, and I can still stuff in a few more items if needed. There are even places to clip onto the bag on the outside, though I haven't personally used them...yet :)
The only qualm I have with this backpack is with the underside mesh of the shoulder padding; it's a bit rough, so wearing the backpack with something like a tank top might irritate anyone with sensitive skin. It's not a deal-breaker for me, however, since I rarely wear thin strap tank tops, but it's something to note. Moleskin or a soft wrap for the straps would solve the problem. Alas...if only the shoulder padding was as soft as the back padding!
A minor critique: it would be great if there was a strap across the back so you could put this on your carry-on bag handle at the airport. You can finagle the shoulder straps to fit, but that one little detail (besides the mesh) would've made this the absolute perfect backpack ever.
As it were, it comes close enough for me and I love it! It was exactly the kind of backpack I was looking for. The 5 year warranty and affordable price doesn't hurt either. Thank you Swiss Gear for a most thoughtfully designed product!!!
A couple of nitpiks. I wish it had a strap that goes along the back so you can slip it over the handles of a carryon pull suitcase. Also a loop on the shoulder straps to hold a chest strap that would connect the two straps for easier carrying if you do use the full backpack. I bought some 1 inch strap with quick release buckles to make these features for myself.
Again those are just nitpiks for an otherwise outstanding compact backpack.