Top critical review
64 people found this helpful
Overall good but too many little things wrong
on May 9, 2012
+ Good build quality, durable
+ Sounds good (I'm not an audiophile though)
+ Buttons for muting, turning on bass-boost work well
+ Cable is nice to have as a back-up
+ Range is great
- Headset turns on in sync mode and transmitter turns on into already sync'ed mode(?). It's confusing but the reality is that I have to hold the sync button down for 3 seconds every time I turn on the transmitter. I can't imagine if there we're multiple transmitters around...
- If you mute the headset more more then a few minutes they turn off and you have to turn them on and then resync again.
- Battery life on the transmitter dongle not as long as the headset themselves and can not me used while plugged into a charger. I can listen to the headset all day (presumably the 17 hours they claim) but the transmitter last for about 8 - 10 hours.
- Signal drops a bit if I'm walking and the transmitter is in my pocket. If I put it in my jacket or shirt pocket it gets significantly better. Stationary they are really solid, only one or two pops a day. It's weird because I can hold the transmitter in my hand and wave it around like a mad-man and it's fine, but just walking causes pops.
- Plugging in the cable will boost the volume a ton if your not careful.
Overall, I like my headset but as a product there are just too many little things that are annoying and add up to give it anything more then 3 stars. If they update the product so it remembers what it's sync'ed to and fixed the audio pops while walking I'd buy them again in a minute.