Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on September 21, 2011
I purchased this Sabre 13 piece professional knife set from another place and have simply fallen in love with them from the minute I took them out of the box. Granted time will tell if they hold up, but they are simply beautiful and the reviews give me belief that I will not be disappointed over time.

They handle like a dream, balance wonderfully in the hand, and are wickedly sharp from the box. I can cut with ease even with my small hands and a recent case of hand and shoulder tendonitis.

I owned a classic Henckle starter set for 20 years that with time and wear finally fell apart. I didn't want to spend the mucho bucks it would take now for what is now called "Classic Henckles" to replace the quality I purchased years ago with the variety I have come to desire, so after looking around for a good deal in these down economic times, I bought a set of Martha Stewart knives. The Martha Stewart knives felt and looked great, but after 4 months of use I am returning them to the store as they simply won't hold a nice edge.

I purchased this set of Sabre knives in a last ditch hope that I could get a large set of really quality knives for a reasonable price before saving up a lot more to pay the big bucks for a large enough Henckle Classic set to get all the knives I wanted.

I couldn't be happier with the Sabres. These Sabre knives "rock." I now have a great selection of great knives at a good price value.

UPDATE January 2012.
After my purchase, I discovered a couple of the knives were chipping when honing them with the honer that comes in the set. I contacted Saber by leaving a phone message and got a reply within the hour...from the CEO. They shipped a COMPLETE new set (with complimentary additional ham carver) immediately without requiring any kind of validation. They apologized profusely and asked me to keep the good knives of the old set too after I sent them a photo so their engineers could track down what went wrong as they said this had never happened before...the metal was too brittle in the 3 knives that chipped. The new set is rock solid and has been keeping an edge and honing beautifully. I gave my partial set (of the knives that were still good) to my daughter who is thrilled as well. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! These people REALLY stand behind their wonderful product.
on March 31, 2011
My brother-in-law is the cooking expert of the family, and showed me his very impressive (but very expensive) set of Wusthof Classic knives. They impressed me greatly, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much for a really well-known brand name.

I'm really happy I went with the Saber knives, which I read about in many glowing reviews prior to purchasing. They seem to be of a very fine quality, and produced by a company that's very devoted to producing a good product. The knives are attractive, fairly heavy, and fit my large-ish hands well. They are extremely sharp too, easily passing the slice-a-limp-piece-of-paper test. The wooden knife block has an excellent and novel rotating design that makes it easy to see the knife you're selecting before you pull it out, and it has room for a few extra knives as well.

It's kind of astonishing to me how much sharper and more comfortable these knives are than the department store knives (KitchenAid) which I'm replacing. A great buy, and I hope they'll hold up well for many years of use.
on October 1, 2012
I received a set of Saber knives as a gift. The knives were a huge step up from the Farberware set I've been using for the past 7 years, so I'm really happy on that count. (Super sharp, cuts nice thin slices, yadda yadda yadda.)

The block, unfortunately, had a really noticeable wobble to it. Not only would it spin (which it is supposed to do), but it would also rock a good 3" off to either side...which it isn't supposed to do.

We received a service call from the store that sold them to us, including a phone number for us to reach Saber to address the issue. Saber really stepped up - the company didn't realize the blocks were defective when they went out, and is now going to incredible expense to replace thousands of blocks, free of charge. The number went straight to Rich's cell phone. I talked with him a few times, and every time I got the impression that I was dealing with someone who was both very much in command of the situation, and cared a lot about his company's reputation.

Good on you, Saber!
on May 1, 2010
Put simply, these knives are superior to any other knives I have ever owned and equivalent or better than any others I have tried. I had intended to buy either some Wusthof or Henckels knives and tried them out at a local vendor, then I heard about these knives on [...] so I decided to give them a try. They perform perfectly in my kitchen and I can't believe how amazing they are for the $350 price tag. I especially enjoy the Granton edge as it keeps food from sticking to them. Also, the knife block is more sanitary than simple slotted ones and you can see which knife you are grabbing as opposed to randomly grabbing as knife from the block and getting your Santoku when you wanted your Chef's knife or a paring knife when you wanted a tomato knife. Be sure to buy yourself a nice bamboo cutting board to go with them, as well, as this will keep them sharp for longer.If you're thinking about buying these knives, do yourself a favor and just buy them, you won't regret it!
22 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 14, 2011
I'll keep it short and sweet, these knives are incredible !

I ordered the 15 piece set from (insert Warehouse store here) and they showed up the next day, well packaged and ready to be put to use.

The Saber knives are extremely well balanced, surgical sharp, and a joy to use. After doing my research on many knife brands I decided to go with Saber because I couldn't find a bad review and now I know why.
on December 21, 2011
I bought these to replace my Wusthof knives which I could no longer keep sharp. This wasn't a brand I was familiar with, but after reading the reviews, I took a gamble. I couldn't be happier. They are very nicely balanced and super sharp. I'd forgotten what a joy it was to use sharp knives.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 7, 2011
These are great high quality knives and the rotating block is useful and cool. They stay sharp and feel good in the hand. You can call the American owner of the company and he will answer the phone and take care of you.
on December 11, 2011
Made in China. You are paying for cheap stuff, get something else if you want them to last. They should label country of origin/made for these products.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question