Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12,902 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13,746 reviews
on October 15, 2014
I was amazed at the quality of this unit, (and I'm a gadget freak). It has solid USB connections. Nothing loose and cheesy about it. I attached it to the face of my tower PC with mounting tape. Looks and functions very solid. I'm an amateur photographer and am constantly disconnecting one-to use it for something else. Having this has saved me a great deal of frustration. I can even leave the cables plugged into the hub and just power off the L.E.D. power switches, so now I don't need to hunt for cables. I'm using it full time now for a month and have had no problems whatsoever. I'm VERY glad I got over some of the "if'y" reviews and bought this.
review image
55 comments| 674 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2015
I recently got this hub to replace a slower, older one and to be able to leave things plugged into it while only taking up on USB port on my laptop. Once I got it, I decided to see if I could make it cry. I am impressed. I plugged in my KVM, a thumb drive, my cell phone and an external HDD just for fun. Each device either came up immediately or did so once I bounced the switch on the hub. My cell phone says it is slowly charging and recommends that I use it's charger but that is not what I connected it to the hub for. I wanted to see if I could move data back and forth between phone, laptop, external HDD and thumbdrive and yes, I was able to move a folder with it's content across all devices. Another important thing is that the external drive comes with one of those two headed USB plugs in case it needs more juice to run and I did not have to connect the power USB connector. The HDD is running fine, off the hub, with just the data cable hook up. This means I can leave stuff plugged into the hub and connect everything to me laptop with only one USB connection. The individual on-off buttons are just icing on the cake. I am buying a second unit.
review image
11 comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2016
My husband got this usb port to run multiple charging cords from our wall plug. Since there are not a lot of plugs in our room, it was vital to get a multiport usb to be able to charge our phones and bluetooth headphones. My husband chose this one because he liked the idea that he could turn on and off the individual usb plugs. He also liked the idea that he might be able to use it with his computer, so he was getting multiple uses out of the same device.

We had no problem setting up the charger in our room. The plug is very short, just like in the picture. We were hoping that it might be a bit longer so we could easily put it on a dresser. Since it was short, we had to use and extension cord to get it up there. I can see how the shortness might end up being an issue for the computer as well, espically if you are forced to use usb plus on the back of a desktop. Other than that, we haven’t had any problems with the port. All four of the plugs turn on (light up) and off without any problem. We are able to get our devices to charge from each of the ports, with multiple at the same time. It seems to be a solid little device and I am glad that we bought it.

Overall, it has been a very useful device to have. We are able to charge multiple devices at the same time and make our lives just a tiny bit more simple.
on December 20, 2016
I ordered this for an upcoming trip. When I tested it, none of the four ports worked. Seemed to get current as the lights would light up, but it would give a charge. I tried charging an Android phone and an iPad. Returned that one and re-ordered. One port would work on this unit as long as all four ports were turned (lit). Will be returning. Packaging one each of these were different, one came in a box, one in a plastic container. Same brand and looked exactly alike. Not happy
on November 14, 2016
I was given this hub by a friend who bought it from Amazon for me. It's maybe nine months old (in my possession), and today it has simply stopped working. It's plugged in, as always, but I leave the ports off unless I am using the devices plugged into it. Now not one of the blue lights comes on when any of the four buttons is depressed.

I just don't know enough about the technology to guess at why it has stopped working. Usually things with moving parts are most susceptible to breakdowns, but except for the buttons that activate and deactivate the ports, nothing else moves or has changed since I hooked this up. I have had a couple of power outages recently, but they have occurred when my Mac has been asleep. Perhaps there have been surges, but none of my other equipment has had problems.

I'll be buying a new hub, but I won't be buying another one of these, even though it's Amazon's favorite.
on May 19, 2016
With my ever growing group of devices, I once again found myself in need of a new USB hub. My needs were simple, I had no intention of connecting a hard drive or anything that would draw a significant amount of power, all I wanted to do was connect multiple input devices like keyboards, trackpads and gamepads. I came across this Sabrent model with individual on/off switches for each port and liked that idea.

This hub is inexpensive and has performed the function for which I needed it very well. As is often the case, you do get what you pay for so this hub doesn't feel very solidly constructed and the lights above the ports kind of bleed over into adjacent ones and I ran into one minor issue with it where for a time it failed to recognize the trackpad on a keyboard/trackpad combination device. It has worked flawlessly aside from that one hiccup.

One thing to bear in mind if you plan to use this to connect external storage is that it is a USB 2.0 hub, so you will not get the best transfer speeds out of USB 3.0 devices. Also, as this hub is not powered, you may need to run into some issues depending on the computer or whatever device to which this hub is connected. I use it primarily on an NVIDIA Shield Android TV and have not run into that issue. I have also briefly tested it on a couple of computers.

If you have a need to connect simple devices without a significant power draw and would like the ability to enable or disable them at the touch of a button, this unit will fit the bill nicely and is easy on the wallet. If you need a hub for storage devices or other devices that may need to draw more power from the host unit, you'll probably want to look into a powered hub instead.
on January 28, 2016
This piece of crap is the absolute bane of my existence. I have it plugged into a USB extension cord, bringing a keyboard and mouse to a couch. But this unit is super fiddly; since it's in an area with high traffic, it loses connection constantly. Sometimes it freaks out and refuses to see anything plugged into it, requiring a reboot. The slightest bump will dislodge the connections, or toggle the hard buttons. I 'm constantly hearing my system play the "device connected" and "device disconnected" sounds and trying to shake my mouse back into operation.

This unit is completely unsuitable for any location where it might move around at all, and I wish I'd gotten something more stable.

I don't know why this has so many glowing reviews and five star ratings. This is a cheap piece of junk that causes constant irritation.
on March 18, 2016
Small enough to stash in a laptop bag or conceal in a PC build. The latter is actually why I bought this hub: to use with a few wireless dongles to add concealed Bluetooth and Logitech Unifying to my gaming PC. Combined with the NZXT IU01 internal USB hub, this Sabrent hub works well with the aforesaid dongles and works with any OS. I took a couple of Command strips and stuck it to the front of my case (NZXT H440) behind the vanity shroud and ran the wire inside through a conveniently placed hole to plug it into the IU01 board. That's it: that's all it takes. Now I get built-in Bluetooth and Unifying with essentially no signal loss. I like the individual power buttons -- I can disable the ports I don't need, hopefully reducing overall power draw.

Probably far enough off the spec sheets to confuse the guys (and gals) at Sabrent, but I like it. :-)
on March 17, 2016
I purchased this 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches & LEDs (Black) almost two years ago and it still works great. Others have mentioned in their reviews that they ran into some issues with it disconnecting their external hard drives while in use. Fortunately, I can say that although I have had this happened to me before with this device, it has only happened once or twice in the whole time I've had it. The one or two times it has disconnected or improperly ejected my drive was when I either plugged or unplugged something else into the 4-Port Hub (I believe it was during a transfer, so it seems that the connection was disrupted from the additional source added or being taken away), or when I turned pressed or depressed one of the buttons to cut power to that USB port.

Because I cited either of these activities as disrupting the connection to my external drive, I just do not mess with the on/off port buttons or plug/unplug anything during a transfer just as a precaution. (Note: the drive does not disconnect every single time that things are plugged/unplugged or the button for a port is pushed, I can usually use it like normal even when my external is connected. The drive has only disconnected due to this activity those very few times mentioned).

I like the ability to "turn off" the connection to specific ports by using the buttons so certain drives though ejected are "unplugged."

I have a MacBook Pro so having additional USB ports was a must with only two available on my computer. I would definitely recommend this product to a friend. The price is extremely good too considering the use I've gotten out of it thus far.
on April 15, 2017
I ordered the USB 4 port hub because on the front of my computer has only 2 USB ports. The rest is on back. I have a wireless mouse dongle in one of my front ports and the other I hooked up to this 4 Port USB hub. I also use wood double stick tape to mout this to the front of my computer tower. You can have USB items plugged in there and by pushing down the individual port button a blue light will glow and your item will be turned on. I am running windows 7 and this gadget works most of the time and sometimes it will not turn on. It seems like the power get to low to power up my devise. That could because my computer is older and still running half decent. I am happy with the purchase and it's a neat gadget to have if you want to have more USB front ports. I use this for my external hard drive, USB flash drive, USB desk speakers and what ever USB item I have.