Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 12,413 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13,186 reviews
on October 15, 2014
I was amazed at the quality of this unit, (and I'm a gadget freak). It has solid USB connections. Nothing loose and cheesy about it. I attached it to the face of my tower PC with mounting tape. Looks and functions very solid. I'm an amateur photographer and am constantly disconnecting one-to use it for something else. Having this has saved me a great deal of frustration. I can even leave the cables plugged into the hub and just power off the L.E.D. power switches, so now I don't need to hunt for cables. I'm using it full time now for a month and have had no problems whatsoever. I'm VERY glad I got over some of the "if'y" reviews and bought this.
review image
77 comments| 658 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2015
I recently got this hub to replace a slower, older one and to be able to leave things plugged into it while only taking up on USB port on my laptop. Once I got it, I decided to see if I could make it cry. I am impressed. I plugged in my KVM, a thumb drive, my cell phone and an external HDD just for fun. Each device either came up immediately or did so once I bounced the switch on the hub. My cell phone says it is slowly charging and recommends that I use it's charger but that is not what I connected it to the hub for. I wanted to see if I could move data back and forth between phone, laptop, external HDD and thumbdrive and yes, I was able to move a folder with it's content across all devices. Another important thing is that the external drive comes with one of those two headed USB plugs in case it needs more juice to run and I did not have to connect the power USB connector. The HDD is running fine, off the hub, with just the data cable hook up. This means I can leave stuff plugged into the hub and connect everything to me laptop with only one USB connection. The individual on-off buttons are just icing on the cake. I am buying a second unit.
review image
11 comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2015
A great little USB hub. I love the fact that it has buttons with blue light indicators to turn individual ports on and off. I was hoping to get the one with the power adapter hole and I did get that model! (Model HB-UMLS) BUT...The packaging and info included did not include any information of what kind of power adapter I'd need. The hole for it measures at 5mm but I'll have to look up what exact voltage and amperage I need.

In one of my pictures (attached) I show it powering a Razor Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 keyboard and a Logitech G35 surround headset (and a scanner and a second laser mouse - which don't use that much power anyway; mostly data).

Plugged my phone in with both of those going and it wouldn't even register as a data device. I disabled the other two ports with those devices in them and my phone came on as a data device and started charging. I guess it can only power one device that needs that much power. It can power more if I get the right adapter.
review image review image review image review image
on January 3, 2016
I have had one of these for a couple of years. I always noticed that the first connector (the one closest to the attached cable) seemed to never work right. If I connected a device to the first connector, it would be recognized by Windows but it did not operate correctly such as a joystick etc. but the same device worked fine on connectors 2, 3 and 4. I thought I had a defective hub so I took it apart, resoldered all connections, cleaned contacts etc. but the same problem persisted. I figured I had a bad hub and just put up with it for a year or so. I ordered a new one last week to replace the apparent defective one. It has the same identical problem. This thing is junk.

EDIT: January 21, 2016.

Working with Manny at tech support this issue has been resolved. The support by Manny at Sabrent was outstanding. If anyone else is having a problem with this switch you should communicate with Manny directly and they will fix the problem.
44 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2016
My first USB hub and it is working out great. A very useful product and really comes in handy with all the electronics around these days, and saves wear on those USB ports. I should not have waited so long to get one but I am a procrastinator. I only have two ports on the front of my desktop computer and one of those is worn out and plugging into the back is too out of the way for me to deal with.
Since purchasing this hub and plugging in to my computer it has really been a lot easier for me to keep things charged and ready when I want them it. I am a slow adapter to technology but in the past year I have started to gain some ground, getting several portable items that need charging quite often. My computer is a Window 8.1 and this hub works with it.
I love that there are light indicators to turn on and off the individual ports. I hope that I have helped you decide if you would like this product, it is working great for me. I used it to upload the pictures from my camera. Purchased this item from Store4PC.
review image review image review image
on July 27, 2016
I bought this USB 2 hub instead of a USB 3 hub primarily to connect wireless dongles that can suffer from interference when connected to a USB 3 port. The buttons come in handy especially when trouble shooting compatibility issues, or when devices need to be turned off and on to get to work again, or just to turn off a device you don't need at the moment.

I have connected this hub to one of my mainboard's USB 2 ports via a 10' USB 3 extension cable. Everything I have connected so far works well:
- The Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB keyboard with any of its supported polling rates, including 1Hz
- The Logitech G900 gaming mouse (both the cable and the wireless receiver work, the latter also on the USB Pass-Through Port of the K70 mentioned above, connected to the hub)
- The Logitech MK270 wireless keyboard and mouse combo, without the connectivity issues I head when the receiver was plugged into the mainboard
- The HP PhotoSmart 7350 printer via an active 5m USB extension cable

I deducted one start because in dark light it can be hard to see whether a port is active or not because the LED lighting up the neighboring button bleeds through. Wish they were better isolated. Other than that, it works well, has a great price, and I didn't find an alternative with individual buttons: would buy again!
on September 1, 2016
I purchased this because the USB I had before stopped working when I updated to Windos 10. This USB came in a timely matter and I am glad to announce it works with Windows 10. This unique USB has buttons that will cut the power to that particular USB device if you aren't using it. I think this is a great touch since I will leave my USB plugged in even though I may not be using it. The button lights up blue so you know it is on and it is easy to press and shut off. I did notice the USB ports are a little tight which sometimes makes plugging in and taking out slightly difficult but I haven't experience anything too crazy. The cord is short it works for me but I would suggest using a Velcro strip to attach it to the computer so it doesn't dangle and cause damage to the USB port. There are 4 ports with is nice to plug multiple devices it. I use it for my wireless mouse and wireless keyboard. I would recommend this USB great price and works as expected.
review image review image
I am probably saying the same thing that at least 2610 other reviewers have stated: this thing works great for what you need. I am a passionate photographer and my computer only has four front-end USB ports. I need two for the keyboard and mouse alone, another for my phone, and another for my transfer cable from camera to computer. I got tired of having to unplug one device for another and then forgetting to plug the device back in.

A blue light comes on when a USB port is active, but a button press by the port can shut that port off.

This little gadget is a great deal at the current price.
on August 2, 2016
My husband got this usb port to run multiple charging cords from our wall plug. Since there are not a lot of plugs in our room, it was vital to get a multiport usb to be able to charge our phones and bluetooth headphones. My husband chose this one because he liked the idea that he could turn on and off the individual usb plugs. He also liked the idea that he might be able to use it with his computer, so he was getting multiple uses out of the same device.

We had no problem setting up the charger in our room. The plug is very short, just like in the picture. We were hoping that it might be a bit longer so we could easily put it on a dresser. Since it was short, we had to use and extension cord to get it up there. I can see how the shortness might end up being an issue for the computer as well, espically if you are forced to use usb plus on the back of a desktop. Other than that, we haven’t had any problems with the port. All four of the plugs turn on (light up) and off without any problem. We are able to get our devices to charge from each of the ports, with multiple at the same time. It seems to be a solid little device and I am glad that we bought it.

Overall, it has been a very useful device to have. We are able to charge multiple devices at the same time and make our lives just a tiny bit more simple.
VINE VOICEon March 6, 2016
I rarely give 1-star reviews but this hub but this USB hub has been a major disappointment. A hub has two simple jobs to do: 1) Split the port 4 ways, and 2) maintain a solid connection between the USB device the computer's USB port. This hub failed to maintain a solid connection (intermittent was the best it could do) and that makes it useless for to me. I tested the hub with a USB network adapter and then with a thumb drive (one at a time) and in both cases they would lose their connection every few minutes. I then removed the HUB and tested the devices by plugging the network adaptor directly into the same USB port that the hub had occupied and the USB WiFi adapter been 100% reliable in that port. That tells me that the problem is not with the USB port my laptop, and it's not with the WiFi adaptor.

Update: The manufacturer was kind enough to send me a replacement for the defective hub and it's exhibited none of the intermittent connectivity of the original. Because the manufacturer stood behind their product and because the new USB hub is meeting all expections of updated my grade to 4-stars.