Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sabrent 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs (HB-UMLS)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on October 15, 2014
I was amazed at the quality of this unit, (and I'm a gadget freak). It has solid USB connections. Nothing loose and cheesy about it. I attached it to the face of my tower PC with mounting tape. Looks and functions very solid. I'm an amateur photographer and am constantly disconnecting one-to use it for something else. Having this has saved me a great deal of frustration. I can even leave the cables plugged into the hub and just power off the L.E.D. power switches, so now I don't need to hunt for cables. I'm using it full time now for a month and have had no problems whatsoever. I'm VERY glad I got over some of the "if'y" reviews and bought this.
review image
66 comments| 572 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2013
I just received this item and it does work, but use caution when using it with external hard drives. It seems that any action, such as turning on or off a switch, as well as plugging in or unplugging a device from any of the other ports not currently in use causes a temporary power disruption and will throw your external hard drive off. In other words, you get the warning message that the drive was not properly disconnected. And as this can be bad for hard drives, be sure to properly eject your expansion & flash drives before turning off or on any of the ports and before adding or removing any connections.
1919 comments| 840 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2015
I recently got this hub to replace a slower, older one and to be able to leave things plugged into it while only taking up on USB port on my laptop. Once I got it, I decided to see if I could make it cry. I am impressed. I plugged in my KVM, a thumb drive, my cell phone and an external HDD just for fun. Each device either came up immediately or did so once I bounced the switch on the hub. My cell phone says it is slowly charging and recommends that I use it's charger but that is not what I connected it to the hub for. I wanted to see if I could move data back and forth between phone, laptop, external HDD and thumbdrive and yes, I was able to move a folder with it's content across all devices. Another important thing is that the external drive comes with one of those two headed USB plugs in case it needs more juice to run and I did not have to connect the power USB connector. The HDD is running fine, off the hub, with just the data cable hook up. This means I can leave stuff plugged into the hub and connect everything to me laptop with only one USB connection. The individual on-off buttons are just icing on the cake. I am buying a second unit.
on January 9, 2015
Just received this today on time. It appears to work well, the USB slots were a bit tight and did require some pressure to get them in. My main purpose was to leave this in the office attached to the wireless keyboard and mouse because my husband and I swap out laptops often. This should suit our needs well. I'll update this later with a better review later once we get it broken in and well tested. But for now here are some pictures and the specs in English that were on the back.

*Blue LED to Indicate power status for each port
*Data transfer speeds up to 480Mbps
*Four downstream ports support high-speed (480Mbps), full-speed (12Mbps), and low-speed (1.5 Mbps)
*supports up to 127 devices by daisy-chaining multiple hubs
*some power-intense USB devices may require a AC-Powered USB hub
review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2015
As i expected.works fine.individual blue lit buttons for each port. I liked it.
on June 8, 2013
I'm looking for a USB port with an individual switch so I bought this
one, for the price its a best buy.

so this is my review of this product.
Pros and Cons.
+Individual switch and matching individual blue light is a plus
+Push ON/OFF button for easy operation
+Not bulky design, plastic enclosure seems ok
-USB wire is short for this model but some have long cable

Im an electronic enthusiast and I know what are some flaws
to this device.
1. This is a push button switch and made of cheap switches
so expect the more you used the switch someday it will fail
2. These have individual LEd lights so if you connect this to a laptop
and you connect several devices to these USB ports on some
cases your device may not work and consumes energy from your
laptop.
3. This device dont have a separate power and it only gets power
from your laptop/desktop, you may encounter devices attached to
this USB port that will fail or not detected, that is due to no enough
power to the device.
(Try to disconnect this USB port and plug in your device directly)

overall recommends this USB port with some things to consider
1919 comments| 217 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2014
I started having strange problems with this device just outside the return period. Some of the ports began not working/lighting up at all, and devices would intermittently stop working. I assumed this might have been a power drain issue since the hub is unpowered, but the devices I'm plugging in are all self-powered and other hubs work just fine.
on December 18, 2014
I actually purchased this accidentally, but I kept it, since I can always use additional USB ports. It's compact, and doesn't use an external power supply, which is great. Each port has a power button, but I'm not sure why. Is that to save power on the ports that are not being used? The built in USB cable that attaches to your computer is quite short, maybe four inches. This may or may not be a good thing, depending on your setup. Overall, though, it's a nice little hub, and I recommend it.
review image
11 comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2013
Very defective.

If the device moves or gets touched at all, the connection is interrupted. And if its tethered to a laptop (the most obvious use for a device that gives you more USB ports) its going to be moving a lot. This makes it unsuitable as hub to any external drives, you wouldn't want to transfer any data through that unstable connection.

Also the design is awkward, the cable is so short that the the slightest of shifts causes a disconnection.

And because its so touchy, you really wouldn't want to be messing with those buttons at all. I'm looking for something to replace it now.
1212 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2014
Very handy hub with individual port power. Makes it easy to keep my connections clean. In this view I've got my mouse, my phone and my scanner hooked up. I power them on when I need them, and I don't run out of ports. Very satisfied so far.