Sabrent 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 4A Power Adapter for Ultra Book, MacBook Air, Windows 8 Tablet PC - Black [VIA VL812 Chipset] (HB-RU37)
|Price:||$39.99 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Safe and reliable. Voltage and Current overload protection(surge protector) protect the Hub and conneted devices from electronically accident
- Supports Plug and Play and hot swapping. No installation of drivers required for Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 or Mac OS X 10.2 and above.
- 10 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports support data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps. (Note: actual rate will depend on the capability of your device.) Backward compatible with USB 2.0 / 1.1.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Sabrent 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 4A Power Adapter for Ultra Book, MacBook Air, Windows 8 Tablet PC - Black [VIA VL812 Chipset] (HB-RU37)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||LEXIVON||Store4PC||Store4PC||Plugable Technologies|
|Color||7-Port||USB 2.0 Hub||USB 3.0 Black||Black|
|Dimensions||2.76 inches x 6.69 inches x 0.98 inches||2.5 inches x 7 inches x 1 inches||2.6 inches x 3.5 inches x 1 inches||1 inches x 7 inches x 2.75 inches|
|Item Package Weight||1.45 pounds||1.3 pounds||1.05 pounds||1.3 pounds|
|Number Of Ports||7||11||7||7|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Power and Charging
Comes with premium 12V 4A power supply for supporting several devices requiring USB 3.0's more demanding 900mA per port power.
Functions as a USB hub only, not a standalone device charger: No special functionality for charging iPad, iPhone, or other tablet and smartphone devices with or without a PC.
* Built-in high-performance USB 3.0 controller chipset extremely fast and reliable
* Easily add super speed USB 3.0 port for your computer
* Conform with USB 3.0 standard, transmission rate up to 5Gbps and compatible with USB 2.0/USB1.1
* Extra power adapter provide powerful power supply for HUB and devices
* Build in Overvoltage/Overcurrent/Leakage and short-circuit protection module
* Built by High Strength ABS Engineering Plastic with exquisite workmanship & profile
* Plug & Play, Support hot swap
* Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
* Mac OS
* USB 3.0 7-port hub
* Power supply
* USB 3.0 cable
Note: Some USB 3.0 host card require installment of newest driver for the adapter to reach optimal USB 3.0 compatible performance. (recommended)
Top Customer Reviews
The Sabrent 10 port hub has functioned flawlessly for me. I've simultaneously connected an iPad, iPhone, scanner, printer, portable hard drive, thumb drive, SD card reader, USB wireless-n adapter, and bluetooth receiver for a keyboard and mouse to it. That's 9 ports out of 10. Each device operated as though it was plugged directly in to the computer. I've even done my best to get everything going at once to see if anything missed a beat. I transferred apps from the iPad, while copying files from the portable hard drive and thumb drive, while charging the iPhone, while scanning documents, while printing from the internet, all of which required the use of my mouse and keyboard. Each device worked flawlessly and was properly powered!
I haven't had any issues with a portable hard drive plugged in to the hub but after reading the "Most Helpful" review in the product listing which stated external hard drives becoming disconnected from the computer when plugging/unplugging devices into 1 of the other ports (the person was reviewing the 4 port version), I attempted to get a similar error with the 10 port version. I plugged/unplugged devices about 30 different times and not once did the portable hard drive disconnect. I did notice that the light on my portable hard drive pulsates when connected to the Sabrent 10 port hub which it doesn't do when directly connected a computer.Read more ›
** Update July 2014 - Sabrent redesigned the 10-port model, but they are using the same ASIN (product ID) as before. My review does not apply to the currently shipping model. Many older reviews here might also not apply. **
This is about the 10-port USB 3.0 model. (Amazon co-mingles reviews of many other Sabrent models.)
I've checked this out with MacBook Pro 3.0 ports and Windows PC ports (both 2.0 and 3.0). Works fine.
Note the "Power and Charging" disclaimers in the amazon listing. It's ability to charge devices is very limited (see Note 1)
Also, this hub has zero capability when powered off...it can't operate under host power.
- Nice fit and finish
- Works fine so far
- Power button reverts to OFF if power is interrupted. (Could be a disadvantage in some situations, could eliminate energy waste in some other situations.)
- No status lights for each port (maybe better that way)
- Vampire power: Not bad (see Note 2)
- No written warranty info is provided with the product or (last I checked) in the amazon listing. The company emailed me to say there is a 1-year warranty, or possibly longer.
- Charging ports with 2.4 Amp output would be nice
- Some always-on ports that operate using host power.
- Keyhole slots on the bottom would be helpful for fixed mounting
- - - Included Cables - - -
- USB data cable is 39" -- you may need an extension, such as AmazonBasics USB 3.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cable (3.3 Feet) (make sure it's a 3.0 cable!Read more ›
After using it for a few weeks, I noticed my computer (a 27" iMac) suffering performance issues, like stuttering during video playing, and going really slowly during startup (like 10 minutes instead of 20 seconds). Trial and error unplugging peripherals led to this USB hub. Not to anything plugged into it: to the USB hub itself. So some flaw ended up sending crazy signals down the USB that gave my PC mini-seizures.
Even before it screwed up my computer, I found it substandard:
* The box is light and doesn't have the weight needed to counterbalance normal tension on the USB cables plugged into it.
* The "on/off" buttons are weird; each one applies to 3 ports but it's not visually clear either which 3 are affected, or whether a particular button is toggled on or off, leading to trial and error and confusion.
* The power adapter is relatively large (2"x4"x1").
* My Seagate Backup Plus portable hard drive was not recognized when plugged in to it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is exactly what I was looking for - The new Docking Station for under $20 - I can plug in all my devices to ONE USB portPublished 1 month ago by Sciortino2
Shipped fast, product description was correct, hub works great!Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
It worked fine for about 3 months then it shorted itself out. Now the light comes on saying there is power until you plug something in, then the power light goes out. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Neverest
WORKED ONLY FOR 1 DAY!! do not purchase, worked on the first day, from only one day of use with only 2 things plugged into it! waste of money and completely useless!Published 10 months ago by Oscar Maldonado
Works great. Have a 4 because some of the port lights stopped working. The Potts still work so not a huge deal, but just be aware of that issue. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Brad
I bought this a while back and started having problems within the first week. I should have returned it then, but I didn't, my mistake. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Matthew Falbo
Bought this hub in December of 2014. Its appearance is excellent - it looks to be well made. In early May of 2015. one of the output jacks quit working. Read morePublished 15 months ago by TEMC