|Item model number||NT-S25G|
|Operating System||Linux, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, Windows XP|
|Item Weight||3.98 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.78 x 1.36 x 0.5 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||3.78 x 1.36 x 0.5 inches|
|Date First Available||May 26, 2020|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $6.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Sabrent USB Type-A or Type-C to 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter 10/100/1000/2500 NT-S25G
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Convert any USB Type-A or Type-C port into a standard RJ45 5 Gigabit Ethernet port.
- Rugged aluminum construction for durability and maximum heat dissipation.
- Up to 2.5 Gigabits per second for up to (at least) 100 meters of CAT 6 cable.
- Bus-powered, eliminates the need for external power adaptors. LED indicators for connection and speed status.
- Fully compliant with the IEEE Standard 802.3bz (5GBASE-T). Backward compatible with slower Ethernet connections, devices, and cables.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Convert any USB Type-A or Type-C port into a standard RJ45 5 Gigabit Ethernet port.
Rugged aluminum construction for durability and maximum heat dissipation.
Lighting Fast Speed
Up to 2.5 Gigabits per second for up to (at least) 100 meters of CAT 6 cable.
Compare with similar items
The Sabrent USB to 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (NT-S25G) is a high-speed network solution for your Desktop or Notebook with a USB Type-A or Type-C port. This adapter enables you to connect directly to a network through your USB port. Simply plug your Ethernet cable into the Sabrent Adapter and the USB cable into your computer to conveniently establish a high-speed connection. Enclosed within a rugged aluminum body makes this one of the most durable network adapters and ideal for heat dissipation. Please Note: It is recommended to use (at least) a USB 3.0 port for maximum performance. Features:
• Convert any USB Type-A or Type-C port into a standard RJ45 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port.
• Rugged aluminum construction for durability and maximum heat dissipation.
• Up to 2.55 Gigabits per second for up to (at least) 100 meters of CAT 6 cable.
• LED indicators for connection and speed status.
• Bus-powered, eliminates the need for external power adaptors.
• Fully compliant with the IEEE Standard 802.3bz (5GBASE-T).
• Backward compatible with slower Ethernet connections, devices, and cables.
• Windows XP or higher.
• Mac OS 10.4 or higher.
• Linux 2.4 or higher.
• USB to 2.5G Ethernet Adapter.
• USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable
• USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable.
• User’s manual.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The XB7 gateways have a single 2.5G port and three Gig ports. I connected my PC to the XB7 2.5G port via this adapter, which is connected to a USB 3.1 gen 1 port. Instead of the 940Mbs download speed, I now get 1150Mbps, which is great. Success in my books!
The device was recognized right away, so no drivers or waiting for anything to load.
The device itself is a bit longer than the plastic bodied ones, but I trust the brand and I like that it's aluminum. Hopefully that means the adapter won't cook itself over time. At this price it's a great deal, given it also comes with a USB-C adapter if needed.
These adapters make a good value for the speed you get. I bought one for the PC, and one for my Synology NAS.
Did some iperf3 tests, getting around 2.37 gbit/s. Test environment consists of this sabrent module, an asus 10g multi gig card, a zyxel 2.5g switch, and cat5e cables with metal jacket rj45s.
It gets somewhat hot, but we will see. I read that 10g sfp+ to copper 10g rj45 transceivers get as hot as 70 degrees and that is normal. Apparently you need a lot of power to push anything over 1g on copper. So I am not sweating so much about this one getting warm to hot.
Top reviews from other countries
I used a pair of these devices when migrating data from an old NAS to a new NAS - worked flawlessly.