Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sabrent 7 Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub with Power Adapter And Individual Power Switches, Blue LED Indicator.(USB-H7PS)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on December 19, 2013
While the product works as advertised and the price was fair, I had to knock a few stars off the rating because of the lousy support from Sabrent. The first unit I received was DOA. This in no way was the fault of the company that sold it to me, Store4PC. Store4PC I cannot say enough good things about. I contacted Sabrent via phone using the information on a little card included with the unit. What a horrible experience!! First, the agent on the phone spoke as though he couldn't get rid of me fast enough. He barely spit out the email address to send the RMA request to then he hung up. I then emailed Sabrent using the email address the agent provided (it was also included on the card with their phone number) with all the information he said to include. I never heard from them. Not even an acknowledgement email. Store4PC was the polar opposite. Within a day or two of receiving the unit Store4PC sent an email asking if everything had arrived ok and if I was satisfied. I told them of my experience with Sabrent and that same day I had a tracking number of a new unit being shipped to me. While not every company delivers a perfect product every time, it's what they do afterwards that makes the difference. Because of the lousy customer service from Sabrent, I will go out of my way NOT to buy a Sabrent product, I will also tell as many people as will listen of my experience.
on April 9, 2013
I purchased this as a charging hub to lessen clutter. Comes with a poewer adapter and does not need to be hooked to a computer to work. Seems to work well with all my devices. Charges at about the same rate as using the USB port on your computer to charge your phone. A wall charger is definitely faster, but it does a fine job on my Nexus 7 tablet. I don't think it will handle charging an IPad. I would purchase again.
on October 16, 2013
The Sabrent hub has become my favorite hub, better than those I have used over the past 5 years. Instead of unplugging various devices, I can just toggle the off/on switch and the blue light for that outlet extinguishes. Handy as all heck!
Each of the 7 ports works correctly. This item is as advertised, the price is very reasonable and shipping was only two days. Thanks.
on September 25, 2013
This review is specific to the 7-port model that comes with a power adapter. It works perfectly and charges my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 just fine via a normal USB Micro-B cable. The switches are easy to toggle without feeling at all flimsy. The light for each port goes on or off with the switch only, regardless of whether anything is plugged into that port.

This device solves the problem of not wanting to leave a webcam connected 24/7 or to frequently plug and unplug it.

I use this with a simple USB switch (i.e. a single USB port connecting to either of 2 computers at the press of a button) as a the KM part of a KVM setup. The combination works exactly like one would expect and hope.
on April 10, 2013
The cool thing makes this one unique and different from other hubs is that you won't need to pull in your usb device into the usb port of your hub or to pull it out again every time you're done your work, simply use the switch button on top of each port to turn off that port, this basically works like you disconnected your usb from your laptop manually. less work and easier and no more friction to pull it in or out every time especially if your laptop usb ports are located on the back of your device which this will makes it a lot faster and easier, and no previously software installation is needed for the first time users.
44 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2013
This USB hub is great for the price.
You can use it without a computer with the included power supply, for charging any USB device.
You can also use it with a laptop anywhere because it can be hub powered.
The switches are very nifty if you don't want to keep plugging and unplugging devices.
I highly recommend this product!
on August 9, 2013
It is unfortunate that so many devices, even high end ones, no longer have on/of switches. I have a very good 49-key, midi keyboard/controller that I use frequently but it has no on/off switch and this little beauty gives me the ability to keep the keyboard plugged into the computer and just flip a switch to use it, making life a lot more convenient as pulling the usb cord out all the time was a great hassle, as well as wearing out the usb port in the device.

I did not need an external power source for this hub and it supplies all the power I need for the keyboard through just the usb connection. The blue lights let me know when it is on and the little switches are smooth and positive in function. Great device!

Thank you.

Johanan
on December 16, 2013
I was looking for a powered USB hub that I could plug into my Apple Time Capsule to expand the number of disks availble over my network. I tried the Belkin Ultra-Slim Series 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub (F4U040v) from Best Buy and it worked perfectly. No issues, long AC adapter cord, and slim as described in the prodcut name.

I noticed on Amazon, that for the same price ($25) I could buy this one and get a "better quality" unit and upgrade to 3.0 in case I wanted to use it down the road directly to my MacBook Pro Retina.

The cord was slightly shorter so I had to make some adjusments, but the real problem was that it would continue to drop drives or not recognize them at all. While troubleshooting, I took out the middle man and plugged it directly to my MBPR. I experienced the same issues. Drives would drop/disappear or would not be recognized on the hub. Of the 4 USB ports 2 had issues.

I decided to call Amazon and return right away. I kept the Belkin Ultra-Slim Series 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub (F4U040v) and it works perfect. Just set it and forget it.

It could've been a bad hub I suppose.
on March 20, 2014
Well, the lights lit up and the switches went up and down and it looked great but my PC didn't recognize any device attached to it. I tried various devices, cables and ports and never got anything to connect through it. Luckily Amazon has a great return policy so it was quick and easy to send it back and get a refund.

Other people have had better experiences with it and I got a Sabrent 3.0 hub at the same time that worked fine so I would guess that Sabrent has a quality control problem. If you decide to get it, hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones......... I would just be sure and try it out quickly so you can return it if there is a problem.
on January 21, 2014
I tried this on 2 different desktop PCs - 1 using XP and the other Windows 7.

To get my PC to recognize an external hard drive or flash drive I had just plugged into this hub, I had to completely power off & power on my PCs - rebooting wasn't good enough.