Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 15, 2016
I bought two of these Sabrent 4 Port Portable USB 2.0 Hub devices. I use one at home with my laptop and I use the other in my office with the same laptop. My laptop is a Lenovo B570.

First, I want to say that I really enjoy having all of the extra ports that the Sabrent 4 Port Portable USB 2.0 Hub provides. All four ports on both of my devices work just fine (which others who have commented on this device or similar products have often commented as being an issue). I've plugged a wide variety of devices into the USB port with little or no problem. These items include: a Dell monitor, a Westinghouse monitor, a gateway monitor, an Asus monitor, a di keyboard, a Microsoft keyboard, 2 separate Microsoft mice, multiple USB phone chargers, a USB lamp, a Brother printer, a bluetooth port, and 2 separate pluggable USB display adapters. Some of these devices did have some problem installing their software through the Hub, however. In all cases I got the installation process towork and my laptop to recognize that they were plugged in. However, at times this did require (strangely) the devices to be switched between the different USB ports on the Hub to find the right 'combo' for them to function properly. Additionally, not all of the USB ports on my laptop seem to recognize the presence of the Hubs. Or at least not consistently (which is not demonstrated with the devices plugged directly into the laptop while bypassing the Hub). Both of these problems were bothersome and did occur with both of my Hub devices. However, once installed and running, they no longer have a problem. So after all that Minus 1 star.

The biggest issue is that the Sabrent 4 Port Portable USB 2.0 Hub will disconnect everything connected to it (often just momentarily) if the hub is bumped. this, again, has happened with both of my hubs and has been very annoying. Obviously, this can be avoided by putting the hub out of the ay, but if you tug on a mouse or keyboard wire too hard, or move somethign on your desk and it hits the hub, say goodbye to signal for about 1 sec. This wouldn;t be a huge deal, except I have monitors plugged into my computer via USB monitor adapters , so everytime the Hub's signal is interrupted my screen goes blank, my computer loses recognition of the 2nd screen, and my screen resolution is adjusted. Then when the hub regains signal, I have to go back through that process to return to what I was doing. A job interrupter for sure. So for this issue, I give it an other minus 1 star (though really, the minus 2 stars overall are mainly fueled by this issue).

Overall:
- Love the Sabrent 4 Port Portable USB 2.0 Hub and the extra USB ports it provides.
- Minus 2 stars for some annoying connectivity issues
- I would STILL recommend purchasing these ports because, despite the connectivity issues described above, they otherwise work fine and it would be pretty hard to beat the price I paid for these and have them work as well as they do!
on December 21, 2015
I get this for my girlfriend, she has to work in many laptop computers that comes with a single or only two usb ports, so with this device she can manage better the ports and at the end of the day she just unplugs everything as it was before she arrived, and put this back on her bag.

So she can use her memory stick or data cable for the phone without the restrictions of the available usb ports.

We have this for over a year and it is working really fine since day one up to the date.
on February 18, 2016
I'm afraid I have to go low stars on this one. They are a like 50% chance of getting one that works I guess. We bought 2, one for my computer and one for my boyfriends. Mine has been working ok, a bit finicky, but livable. His hasn't worked at all from day 1. He can't plug anything into it and have it work properly. Even just trying to plug in a flash drive, it freaks out and freezes. (And yes we tested the drive on my port and it worked fine, and the drive worked fine plugged into the USB port on his actual tower)
on March 30, 2015
I really wanted to like this product - it was the smallest of USB hubs that I considered buying, and I had no need for anything bigger. I plugged a keyboard and mouse into it and plugged it into my desktop PC, and waited for Windows to recognize the new USB devices. It looked for drivers for each port on the hub, and failed on one of them. I unplugged and plugged it back in, and it went through the same process, with the same failure. Once more, and it seemed to work. I was pretty happy at this point, willing to overlook the initial failures as long as I could use my keyboard and mouse together. However, it wasn't long before I could no longer use either of them. I unplugged and replugged everything back in, thinking maybe a cable went loose. It worked again for a few seconds, but then I noticed that the light on my mouse went out, meaning it wasn't getting any power. I waited several seconds, and it came back on again, but would disconnect again several seconds later. I tried plugging each device in one at a time, but that didn't help; it would only last a minute at most before losing connection. I made sure that the cables weren't moving around causing a physical disconnect. I tried using different ports, but they all failed the same, so I think it's the USB plug going into the computer that was faulty. I tried plugging the hub into my Macbook Pro; there were no driver downloads this time, and it started working right away, but again would disconnect frequently. I will be returning this item for a refund, and will end up going with a different USB hub, probably from a different company.

edit 4/28/15 - I've contacted Sabrent who shipped me a replacement product and I've been using it since. I had some issues the first day (mouse would lose connection, but not keyboard, even if I swapped the ports - mouse works fine when plugged in directly to the PC), but they haven't resurfaced since then. I appreciate the customer service and have increased my rating, but I still feel like quality assurance could be improved.
on January 10, 2015
Works Great. I only wish the cable would have been an inch longer. I hooked it to my Winbook TW700 in an HDE case with usb keyboard. After plugging it in , I noticed that it was the same thickness as my Winbook and would fit nicely on the right side of my tablet. The only thing is the cable was about an inch too short. So, off to my shop I go. I came back with a soldering iron,solder and some ultra black rtv sealant. After digging thru my extra cables, I found an old usb cable I don't use anymore. I cut it to the desired length, popped the case open with my pocket knife and unsoldered the old wire and soldered in the new. With a lil rtv to seal the connection and some more on the back of the hub, It fits nicely in my tablet case and gives me 4 usb ports instead of 1.
on April 30, 2016
Picked this up for my dad's computer. He needed something with a short cable - but long enough so that the hub could rest on the desktop with easy access. Super easy to install and put it to use right away. I would recommend this if you need a USB 2.0 hub!
on January 11, 2015
I've had previous success with the Sabrent USB 3.0 hub and I decided to try their USB 2.0 hub. I use Windows 8.1 and can confirm it works on a Windows PC.

As I said in my review for the Sabrent USB 3.0 hub, in many instances, it only takes a couple months before any hub I've had completely stops working or begins to have connection glitches. While I've only had this hub for a short while, it's worked just as well as the USB 3.0 hub. The USB 2.0 port on my laptop is especially wonky and has various connection issues from time to time, but whenever I use this hub in it, those issues go away.

I highly recommend this Sabrent USB 2.0 hub and can safely say that Sabrent makes the best USB hubs I've ever used!
on June 19, 2015
This Hub worked for about a week and now will not stay connected for longer then 5 minutes, then connects and drops about ever 30 sec to a minute.

I have 2 other Sabrent 4 port Hub's that have a independent switches and they work flawless.
on February 10, 2016
Work well with my tablet, the only issue I have with it was that port #4 is defective and can not be used (factory defect, USB connector does not slide in). will use it like that as I only need 2 ports.
on September 19, 2017
Tight fit for the connectors, but about as small as it can get.