- Brand Name: Sabrent
- Model Number: HB-B4U3
- Connectivity Technology: usb
- Number of Ports: 4
- Item Display Weight: 119.07 grams
Sabrent 4 Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub for Ultra Book, MacBook Air, Windows 8 Tablet PC - Black (HB-B4U3)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Expand by connecting up to 4 USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 3.0 or 2.0 capable computer
- Compatible with all Windows/Mac/Linux systems.
- Supports USB 3.0 transfer rates up to 5Gbps. Backwards compatible with all USB 2.0/1.1 devices and hosts
- Sleek black finish, 8" Cable
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Add up to 4 peripherals quickly and easily with the Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub. The thin, lightweight design makes this hub a great travel companion to expand one USB 3.0 port into four. Especially great for notebooks which come with only a few ports in an era when you need to attach many USB devices at once, such as a printer, card reader, cell phone, iPod, thumb drive, mouse, keyboard, or an external hard drive. Fully backwards compatible with the USB 2.0/1.1 products.
* Number of ports: 1(input)/4(output)
* Transfer speed: 5GB (USB3.0/HS), 480Mbps (USB2.0/HS), 12Mbps (USB1.1/FS)
* Available USB port on the computer.
* Windows: 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 (Both 32-bit & 64-bit versions)
* MAC: OS X and Above
What's in the box?
* 4-port USB 3.0 hub.
* 8" built-in Cable
Top Customer Reviews
I tested this on an older Dell PC and an Acer netbook, both running Windows XP and it worked perfectly on both. More importantly, not only did this hub connect to my Galaxy Note II phone for data transfers, but it also charged it. Not all hubs that I have tested in the past would charge the phone.
This hub operated perfectly with all four ports filled (a mouse, a high-speed wireless G adapter, my phone and a camera. I used the wireless G adapter to route between two networks with my built-in wireless adapter while downloading photos from the camera and transferring files from my phone. All this over the slower USB 2.0 port on my computer. Had I been equipped with USB 3.0 it would have been even faster, so I am impressed with the hub's electrical level construction.
The physical hub is also impressive. It has a plastic case with an an aluminum top. That not only provides a sturdier housing than many of the plastic body hubs on the market, but I am sure it also reduces radio frequency interference (I have no means to measure that aspect so am guessing.) Another thing about the physical construction that impressed me is the heavy gauge cable (a short pigtail, actually) and the strain reliefs at both the USB and hub ends. Sabrent did not cut any corners.Read more ›
This appears to be a quality product at a good price.
|Length: 1:59 Mins|
- Provides three side USB ports and one on the end
- Does not require external power which means there are no additional required cables - but it also means that you will not be able to charge devices.
- The total power usage is 900ma - so it will power external hard drives and such, but keep in mind that it has limits due to the lack of external power
- Worked as plug and play with my Mac
- Very good transfer speeds - up to 5Gbs with USB 3.0 devices
- Small enough to be very portable - roughly about 2/3 the size of a deck of cards
Final Verdict - The Sabrent 4 port USB is small enough to travel with, but still allows you to add 4 USB ports to your computer.
4 1/2 Stars
Note - I received this product in exchange for an unbiased review
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I finally went to use this on a new win10 usb3.0 laptop, and it shows as USB device not recognized. It wouldn't work originally on a 2. Read morePublished 8 months ago by L. J. Mutchie
Product has worked fine for a couple of years despite breaking apart constantly into three pieces.Published 12 months ago by Sierra Web Store
Decent for the price, picked it up on sale at Fry's. Huge complaint though... it doesn't seem to handle my Mac going to sleep well. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Gregory Young
This is great to add extra USB ports. My only complain is that I wish the cord was longer.Published 13 months ago by arlloyd
Its ok for the price, the item overall feels cheap and after a week of use the usb female ports became unlined making it difficult or impossible to connect too.Published 13 months ago by Eddie C
If you use this with a mac, it will prevent you from using wireless internet. If you're like me, it will take you a very long time to figure out that this hub is the problem.Published 15 months ago by Wednesday Lee Friday: writer of scarybooks
I like the style of this usb hub because it has a black aluminum metal cover which is very well done. This 4 port 3. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Shawn *Canadian Product Reviewer*