|Item Weight||4.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7.5 x 7 x 1.2 inches|
|Item model number||USB-AVCPT|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.13 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sabrent USB-AVCPT A/V-to-USB 2.0 Digital Video Adapter
|Price:||$23.75 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sabrent USB 2.0 Video Capture Adapter provides a link between a PC and a video device with RCA connector or S-Video connector, such VHS, VCR, DVD
- USB 2.0 interface, plug and play. Support brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation control. Capture audio without the sound card.
- Support All Video Formats: DVD+/-R/RW, DVD+/-VR, and DVD-Video. Applying to internet conference / net meeting. Support NTSC, PAL Video format.
- Video input: One RCA composite, One S-Video. Audio input : Stereo audio (RCA)//Dimension (L)88mm x (W)28mm x (H)18mm. USB bus power.
- Package Contents: 1 x EasyCAP USB 2.0 Video Adapter with Audio, 1 x USB Cable, 1 x Quick Installation Guide, 1 x CD-ROM
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
First of all, I'm running Windows XP, SP3, so I can't speak to the way this product works on Vista. Also, make sure your computer is fairly powerful if you're going to use this device (mine is 2.20 GHz, with 3.46 GB of RAM and plenty of space on the hard drive). Finally, the device only worked for me when it was plugged directly into the USB port on my computer; the USB extension cord provided rendered it inoperable.
--You may need to download the correct drivers for your device. If this is the case (that is, if the device doesn't work properly with the drivers on the CD-ROM), run a search on Google for drivers for STK1160 (not STK1150 as the product would have you believe). Before I downloaded the correct drivers, the device wouldn't transmit video, but after I found them, everything worked great.
--I didn't install the software included on the CD-ROM. As another reviewer has mentioned, there's no need to do this, especially if, as others report, the software is not user-friendly and slows down the computer. I couldn't get this device to work with Adobe products or VirtualDub, but with the right drivers, it did work with Windows Movie Maker. But there are smaller, easier programs that capture video also: see below.
--For capturing videos, I used a free program called Virtual VCR, which you can download after a Google search. I also looked at AMCap, which is great but has a 15-minute capture limit on the software demo (you could purchase the software, though, which isn't expensive).Read more ›
Heed the following advice:
1) The included software (Corel video studio) has too many quirks to be useful. I found it defaulted to sampling at some low resolution... maybe 320x200... if you increased it to NTSC at 720x480, the video would stop saving properly in the middle. I did get it to work for 2 hours at 320x200... but who wants decreased video? Also it defaults to S-Video, and you have to switch to composite before your video will even save at all...
2) The included USB cable extension causes even more problems... DO NOT USE THE ADDITIONAL EXTENSION CORD
3) Download VLC Media Player. It is open source and will work with the driver. You will be using the Media->Convert/Save option. In the file settings it defaults to saving MP4 files with a sound format that will not play by default in windows media player...though maybe in other players I did not try... Change the sound codec to MP3 and everything will be fine. Also check the "de-interlace" option for a nice finish. in the video size text box type in 720x480 to get the correct res... there is no drop down box...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this last week (5-1-16) and have transferred 8 VHS tapes to digital with no problems. Installation was easy; I installed it on a Dell laptop running Windows 8.1. Read morePublished 2 months ago by user
For its cheap price, it works great. You should receive the USB from the product image, a USB extention cable, instructions, and the installation disk. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Oscar
This thing does not work, PERIOD, with windows 7 professional, 64 bit. CD "Autorun" doesn't work. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Beetlejuice
Absolute piece of junk. This did not work out of the box. It was defective, but not obviously so. It took nearly 4 hours of googling solutions and trying different software and... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Daniel Jacob
Product does not work, spoke with Sabrent and was given the run around. I will never order from them again!!Published 8 months ago by Tammy Greene
I got it to work on Win7. A serious pain to set it up. It didnt come with the serial # attached, had to spend MORE TIME getting the serial #. Read morePublished 8 months ago by John Beckwith