Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 15, 2013
With wit and spirit, authors Carnes and Craig lay out a clear and thoughtful path to building your Woman's circle. The Purpose of such type of groups is clearly presented, with plenty of examples to illustrate what it may look like if you are lucky enough to gather an amazing group of empowered and intelligent women as it seems they have successed. The book is clearly embedded in the Judeo-Christian culture of a modern woman's spyche, however, a detail which may result in the book lacking a universal perspective on woman's spirituality.
on December 22, 2014
I read a little of this...put it away....read a little more...then put it away.....seems like a pattern of not knowing if I really want to jump on board with joining such a group or just think about it. I like the book and love the positive messages it projects. I'm glad I have it in my home reference library that I can get out and read and re-read when I feel like it....and maybe get involved in a circle one of these days.
on July 24, 2013
I loved this book. I loved the conversational tone of the author's, their insight based on experience in forming and maintaining women's circles, and the exploration of women's spirituality groups using experiences based on groups that actually exist.

I am using this book to start a women's spirituality circle in my hometown. All of the details and specifics are included, even chapters dealing with what happens and what to do when things don't go as planned.

Women need other women in their lives. It is important that we reach out and connect with one another on a spiritual level, sharing a depth and richness that only other women can understand.

If you are thinking of starting a women's group in your area, this is the book to read.
on March 29, 2013
I purchased this for my Ipad with the desire to learn more about women meeting to talk about spirituality not connected to the church. I was pleased to find a lot of good information which has helped me with our group and find that no matter what you are talking about, be it church related or not, women have a need to join together. This book gives examples and information that will help women start a group, enhance an existing group or help decide when the group has completed its' goals and is time to disband.
on February 12, 2017
I am using this book now in forming a Sacred Circle. Author knows how to put things simple and orderly for groups.
Great suggestions included. Must read if you are forming any group.
on March 14, 2014
I had already read a friend's copy of the book, because I was thinking of starting a women's circle. A third of the way through I realized I had to own this book -- it will be used again and again as a reference, by myself and other circle members. Accessible writing, great examples, thought-provoking questions, inspiring ideas.
on September 2, 2011
This book was a perfect! I got it one week before my new circle. It gave me great ideas for my all women circle, I'm proud to say it was a hit!!
It could have been a little more condensed, the stories are good but it was a little much. I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of starting a circle. Specially an all women's circle!
on June 13, 2015
This book was really helpful in getting a group together. Great ideas.
on February 25, 2007
I really like this book, it gives a honest look at womens circles and gives a fantastic template that anyone could, and in my opinon should use. Having been a member of some of these groups myself I can tell you problems always arise. You can work them out the hard way, but why try to invent your own mouse trap when a great one already exists. These ladies have clearly been around the circle block so to speak. I say learn from what you can from their experence, and take the advise of other groups that work. It should be a reference book for any circle.
on February 18, 2016
Anyone looking to start a Sacred Circle truly needs to read this book. It is a wealth of information and covers every topic one can imagine in the actual process.