Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 78 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 119 reviews
on January 11, 2015
If you've read Dan's infamous book, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives, then you'll naturally progress to this book, which happens about 3/4ths of the way thru WOTPW. That being said, it doesn't have the same vibrant PUNCH that WOTPW does.

Don't get me wrong - I think this book is 100% worth reading, especially if you enjoy Dan's other books, but I don't think this is the most interesting book that he's written. If you don't know much about the chakras, or you're looking to understand them on a different level, he touches on some very interesting aspects that I hadn't contemplated (even after studying yoga for over a decade).

I'm glad that I read this book and I really enjoyed the lessons, but I recommend reading WOTPW first.
on July 11, 2014
The premise and lessons contained in thos book are very enlightening. However it os a book that requires a certain level of devotion that I am finding hard to muster due to recent events in my own life. When I have the strength to gove the book its pholisophocal due I will get back to it and recoeve the next set of lessons that it offers. It is sometomes hard to take in more than you have capacity for ay certain points on your life. I am at a bit of a stalemate with my understanding of my place in the world so I guess I need to come back and fonosh thos book when I am prepared to assimilate the next lesson. As for now I must sweep out the clutter in my thought processes to make room. At any rate I thank Dan for taking the time to write such enlightening works of self discovery.
on June 8, 2015
All 3 books in this series by Dan Milman are filled with ideas and thoughts that make me stop, think and consider what I am doing in my life. They have a way of speaking to our very core and helping us recognise and wake up to who we really are. I loved them all. The sacred journey was beautiful, and written in the most lucid, simple and clear language too. A 'must read' indeed.
on March 15, 2017
It takes you thru fiction in a way you don't feel it as such and one can feel what he feels in the story. It speaks to every traveler and seeker that love is the way and nothing else replaces that
on February 21, 2014
Loved the book, just as good as the first one.
If you've read "Way of the Peaceful Warrior" then read this one next.
I strongly recommend reading this AFTER the first book, and BEFORE reading "Journeys of Socrates"
All three were amazing. **READ THEM IN ORDER: "Way of the Peaceful Warrior" then "Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior" then "Journeys of Socrates"
You won't regret it. I promise.
on May 17, 2017
Mr. Millman is a genius.
on April 30, 2017
I love Dan's way of teaching through storytelling. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and lessons so artfully. I deeply appreciate the experience you provided!
on December 4, 2013
A well written book that plunge you deep into self reflection and contemplation. Can be hard to follow as fiction makes it hard to properly identify with the grand events. The story focus on the 3 selves; basic self, conscious self and higher self and what it takes for them to blend into one realizing a higher or strengthened self awareness. For the first time in many years I finally managed to "turn off the noise" and just listen and live in the moment. There are truly no ordinary moments :-)
on April 7, 2017
Very deep and we'll written. I feel that this book is inspiring even more so than the first book "way of the peaceful warrior". Dan Millman is a fortunate person to have had these teachers.
on June 21, 2015
A well written "story". Some thought provoking themes. I found this a very worthy read as a sequel to "Way of the Peaceful Warrior" and would recommend it to anyone exploring the area of spirituality.