$689.00 - $749.00
Free Return on some sizes and colors
- THE ORIGINAL SADDLEBACK BRIEFCASE - The famous bag that started it all, the classic briefcase looks great in the courtroom, boardroom or on the mountain trail. We have received countless, positive testimonials from executives, lawyers and attorneys, military personnel, police and college students, both men and women, who love their classic briefcases.
- CONVERTS TO A BACKPACK - Carry the classic briefcase over the shoulder, crossbody, by the center leather handle or as a backpack. By looping the removable shoulder strap through the center back O-Ring and attaching the 2 clasps to each corner back D-Ring respectively, the briefcase easily converts into a comfortable leather backpack.
- 100% FULL-GRAIN LEATHER - The Classic Briefcase is crafted from tough, 100% full-grain Leather, which takes hits well and looks even better with age. Full-grain is the top layer of the cow skin, which is the most expensive and durable part. Much higher quality than genuine leather, our leather becomes soft and supple as it ages.
- HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS - The Classic Briefcase is stitched with marine-grade polyester thread and reinforced with copper rivets for super durability. It is lined with a tough but soft pigskin lining, that is even stronger than the full grain leather and all hardware is surgical-grade stainless steel 316.
- 100 YEAR WARRANTY - We are so confident in the quality of leather designs, we back everything we sell with a 100 Year Warranty. Our company motto is “They’ll Fight Over When You’re Dead.”
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
THE SADDLEBACK LEATHER ORIGINAL CLASSIC BRIEFCASE
The Classic Briefcase design features a 1 or 3 strap closure system. The 2 side straps can be used as belts, tie downs or tourniquets. The briefcase makes a great carry on with an inner extra flap of leather that acts as a false bottom to hide your passport, cash, spare keys and more when you travel. 8 exterior D-rings can be used to tether tripods, slumber bags, blankets, or firewood. 4 interior pockets help to organize your laptop computer, tablet and notebooks with an internal key strap for runaway keys. On the outside, there are 2 exterior side pockets for sunglasses and water bottles and 1 rear pocket for magazines, newspapers, and airline tickets.
QUALITY FROM BEGINNING TO END
1. THE BEST PEOPLE - Saddleback only hires the best sewers, leather workers, and quality control folks.
2. THE BEST LEATHER - Saddleback uses the best, most expensive, rugged, premium, chrome-tanned, full grain cow leather sourced from reputable, environmentally friendly tanneries in Old Mexico. Our leather will soften with use and develop a beautiful patina with age. Because of natural oils, shade may vary.
3. THE BEST THREAD - Our polyester, continuous filament thread quality cannot be emphasized enough. UV and saltwater resistant, you'll find the same thread used in boat sails and parachutes.
4. THE BEST PARTS - Our hardware is surgical grade stainless steel 316 that will never degrade. You will not find snaps, magnets, zippers, Velcro or wheels, which all eventually break, on our leather designs.
5. 100 YEAR WARRANTY - We built this briefcase to last AT LEAST 100 years. All our designs are field-tested to handle stampeding elephants, your daily morning commute, and small children. Whether your adventure takes you across the Serengeti, or uptown on the A train at rush hour, we've got you covered. If this leather briefcase goes before you do, we'll fix it or replace it for free.
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B01AIKJ4VM
- Date first listed on Amazon: January 12, 2016
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A friend gave me the advice that you scrimp on some things, but if you carry a bag everyday that is possibly one place you should not scrimp. I took his advice and purchased this bag. I call it a bag, but this thing is put together like a saddle. If the zombie Apocalypse happens, I am set all I need is a horse. The quality of the leather, stitching and reinforced areas are the best in any bag I have ever seen. I do believe my children will fight over it when I am dead. The bag is also great looking. I have gotten several comments on the bag over the last couple of weeks. Also it doesn't say Tumi on it, so I think it makes a better first impression.
Despite its size, it is comfortable to carry. The case is soft enough that it conforms well to my body. The strap, with its two pads, is surprisingly comfortable and very supportive. I am tempted to use the strap for other bags although it would look a bit odd I suppose. There is quite a bit of protection as well for the contents. It would be hard to overpack this case and because of its profile and its construction (particularly the seams along the side), it has what you might call crumple zones.
The hand grip at the top is very comfortable to use. There is lots of room around it so there is no pinching. The side pockets (inner and outer) work surprisingly well and offer a lot of grip. Nothing has fallen out. Overall this thing is a minimalist design, very simple, but it works surprisingly well in how well it can store and organize what you have to carry. It is easier to find things inside and outside than other cases I have used. The outer side pocket along the back is also very useful and it can easily swallow up a newspaper, a tablet, and other items. Because of the natural grip of the leather, nothing tends to fall out and so there is no need for elasticized bands or the like. Score another point for simplicity and the use of good materials.
The leather is the thickest and strongest I have ever seen. There were no blemishes to speak of although the appeal of this bag is that it will look unique as it wears in and accumulates wear marks and a patina. The finish is a deep, dark, beautiful brown and when you first receive it, your room will be filled with the wonderful smell of leather. Overall, I am quite satisfied with this briefcase and it has replaced several ballistic nylon bags all of which seem to wear, unravel, and have their handles and straps fail over time. With proper care, this briefcase should outlast me assuming that I don't get into explosives as a hobby. Even then, this thing would blow up real good...
It's a bit on the heavy side. If you intend walking with it for hours a day a few days straight, your back won't like it (unless you change sides or convert it to a backpack, then it's passable to do this). But still great for work, studies and when you need a bag with lots of room. This is in line with what you'd expect from a briefcase/bag-hybrid.
While made for 13 inch Macs, it will fit any modern 13,3 inch laptop perfectly (a Zenbook UX-series in my case, for size reference). The leather will stretch appropriately within a week or two (the same way the two bigger sizes will fit any 15,6 inch and 17,3 inch, I imagine).
Most recent customer reviews