- 100% FULL-GRAIN BOOT LEATHER: Crafted from indestructible, 100% Full-Grain Boot Leather, which takes hits well and looks even better with age. Full-Grain is the top layer of the cow skin which is the most expensive and toughest part. Thicker and more durable than almost any leather including stingray.
- BUILT FOR SAFETY AND TRAVEL: This wallet is perfect for the conscientious traveler. Because of its thin and slim design, it’s easy and comfortable to keep hidden in your front pocket to protect from theft. This is one of the thinnest designs in our line of wallets and while it’s not waterproof, it is water resistant.
- STYLISH IN ANY SITUATION: Looks great in the courtroom, boardroom, fancy restaurant or the mountain trail and is covered by our 100 Year Warranty. Great for students of all ages to carry their IDs from elementary kids to the college scholar and for men and women alike.
- STITCHED TO PERFECTION: All our leather wallets are stitched with only the STRONGEST, best polyester thread that is used in airbags, ship sails and hiking boots. Polyester is about 4 times as strong as nylon and is also UV and saltwater resistant.
- HOLDS A LOT: There's a slot to slide your ID in, and three slots for cards or folded cash. Each slot will fit multiple cards. Holds up to 12 cards after you break it in (PLEASE REMEMBER YOU MUST BREAK IT IN TO HOLD 12 CARDS). There is no plastic over the ID window, because plastic doesn't last 100 years. Dimensions are 3" Tall x 4 1/4" Wide x 1" Thick
THE SADDLEBACK LEATHER FRONT POCKET ID WALLET
You can buy a wallet from one of our competitors Hartmann, Alpine Swiss, Radix One, Tommy Hilfiger, Levi’s, Dockers, Fossil, Nautica, Timberland, Calvin Klein or Kenneth Cole and have a nice wallet…for a few years. If you want a wallet you can pass on to your grandkid’s grandkids, then this wallet is for you. Don’t be fooled when you hear “Made with Genuine Leather”. That leather is 25% to 50% the price of our full grain leather and not even close to as durable.
QUALITY FROM BEGINNING TO END
THE BEST PEOPLE
- The quality of our wallets is only as good as the people that make them. That’s why we hire the best stitchers, leather workers and quality control folks we can find and pay them well so they don’t leave.
- Saddleback only uses the best Chrome Tanned leather from reputable, environmentally friendly tanneries in Old Mexico.
We use the best, most expensive, rugged, full grain cow leather. The leather will soften with use and develop a beautiful patina over time.
- The quality of our thread cannot be emphasized enough. Most chains use cotton or maybe nylon thread in their wallets which will wear out sooner than later.
NO BREAKABLE PARTS
- You won’t find snaps, magnets, zippers, Velcro, that all eventually break, on our leather wallets.
100 YEAR WARRANTY
- We built this wallet to last AT LEAST a 100 years. All our designs are field-tested to handle angry crocodiles, stampeding elephants, your morning commute and small children. Whether your adventure takes you across the Serengeti, or uptown on the A train at rush hour, we've got you covered. If this wallet goes before you do, we'll fix it or replace it for free under our 100 Year Warranty. Heck, have your great grandchildren talk to us and we'll take care of them too. Only for 100 years though. They'll fight over it when you're dead.
- Product Dimensions: 4.1 x 0.4 x 2.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- ASIN: B0024YTCRW
- Item model number: WA-SM-CB
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 3, 2009
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Contrary to other reviewers, I don't see the need to stuff the wallet full of cards during the first couple days. I think it is easy enough to get the cards out of wallet without having to stretch it. After all, I think it's better for the cards to be a litter harder to slide out than to have cards falling out all over the place.
On the side with the hole for your ID, I have a plastic card and in front of that I have my drivers license. My drivers license can easily be removed when needed just by pushing up on it with my thumb. I wish that the hole (viewer) was a little larger as some of my information and picture is cut off and that tends to peeve the local employees at the various liquor stores I frequent. And I mean frequent. The plus side is that there is no plastic that will wear out.
On the reverse side, the two credit card slots hold cards securely. One reason for the one star deduction is the fact that when credit cards are inserted in the top slot, they extend to the top of the wallet and sit flush. The picture that is posted is NOT really representative of how the card sits in the top slot. Just a minor thing...
The cash slot is tight and there is stitching in the slot which kind of makes it difficult to insert and remove money. It also won't hold a lot of bills, but that's fine since I'm poor.
The owner of the company seems like a nice enough guy. The website for the company is quite entertaining and is worth a look.Read more ›
I consider myself a little bit of a front pocket wallet nerd. I've only ever used a front pocket wallet, and I've tried the money clip type (Fossil), the small bifold with money clip on the inside (Dockers), the "this-is-supposed-to-be-an-insert-to-a-much-larger-wallet" type, and a couple others. I loved the Dockers wallet configuration but it fell apart around 6-8 months of daily use.
This Saddleback Leather small wallet is by far the most well constructed wallet I've ever used. It's made of nice thick high quality leather, and the stitching hasn't come loose anywhere even after my year+ of daily use. The finish is wearing quite nicely. It takes a scratch well and mine has a lot of character, without looking beat-up or ragged.
Functionally, I love it. I can pull it out of my pocket and pull out a card with one hand. I don't often carry cash but when I do it gets folded in four and stuffed in the middle pocket. I carry 8 cards (two in each back slot, two in the ID slot, and two in the "behind-the-ID" slot) and it isn't overstuffed. Honestly if you're looking to carry a lot of stuff you probably aren't reading this review. It's a great compact package that gets the job done for me everyday.
The other reviews are correct that it requires a break-in period. At first you'll feel like the wallet is crushing the life out of your cards, but just stick with it and it'll be nice and supple in a couple weeks.Read more ›
I would like to second the other reviews on here that say you need to break it in a bit. Start from the middle (cash slot) and stuff the wallet full for a couple days. I would recommend 8 folded bills, three plastic cards in each of the back slots, two cards in the front card slot (plus a slimmer card if you have it), and one card behind the license on the front. When you think the wallet is ready, cut down to 2 cards in each pocket and 6 bills or so. It will hold everything securely, no worries about anything falling out, but you can easily get what you need. Keeping another card behind the license is key to getting the license out quickly.
I ordered the wallet in the dark tobacco color and I couldn't be happier. Looks terrific, shows some character from use, just a great looking wallet. To add to what an earlier review said about his success using the wallet to start conversations with guys: girls also notice the wallet! Surprisingly they really like the smell of the wallet in addition to the feel and look. Everybody appreciates good craftsmanship, just an added bonus I suppose.
Only potential negative is the Saddleback leather brand on the back of the wallet. It is about 1" x 0.5", probably a bit bigger than I would have liked, but by no means overwhelming or gaudy. I am sure that it will look better with age, but it's something to consider.
I am fully confident that this will be the last front pocket wallet I ever buy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've only been using my Saddleback Front Pocket ID Wallet for about a month. But I love this wallet. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Jack Lee
10/10 wallet. Only problem I have with it is storing paper money in it; only feasible way is to fold it up and put it in the middle pocket which makes it inconvenient. Read morePublished 2 days ago by David Ingold
Comfortable, sturdy, fits just the "right" amount of cards and cash and holds then securely. Great product.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
The quality of this piece is insane. By "insane" I mean it's made with remarkably good leather and craftsmanship. Read morePublished 6 days ago by AirJordanwearer
After years and years of dissatisfaction, I've finally found everything I've been looking for in a wallet. The quality of leather and workmanship on this wallet is second to none. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Lex
Still a bit thick for a front pocket.
Has limited card carry capacity
I always was a back pocket guy. I had lots of extra stuff in by wallet that I never used, and I was having back and comfort issues. I decided to try this over a year ago. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Patrick584
This is a good wallet. It's sort of a half-wallet, similar to a wallet insert, small and thin. The leather itself is satisfyingly thick and everything feels robust enough to last... Read morePublished 18 days ago by RoundelMike