|Price:||$49.00 & FREE Shipping|
- SADDLEBACK'S AWARD WINNING WALLET - Saddleback's bestselling wallet, the Front Pocket ID Wallet has won multiple awards for the best minimalist wallet over the years and is slim enough to fit unnoticed in your front pocket.
- MINIMALIST LEATHER ID WALLET FOR MEN OR WOMEN - A clear ID window, with no plastic to get cloudy or crack, makes scanning your student ID, work ID or metro pass a breeze. ONCE BROKEN IN, the leather wallet can hold up to 12 credit cards. A slot behind the ID window can hold business cards, folded cash or secret notes.
- 100% FULL-GRAIN LEATHER - Crafted from the most durable, most expensive, highest grade of cow leather (Full Grain), the Front Pocket ID Wallet takes hits well and looks even better with age. Much thicker and more heavy duty than typical, cheap genuine grade leather, our leather becomes soft and supple as it ages.
- HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS - We over-engineer our wallets with the best possible materials to withstand just about anything. Like all popular briefcases, this ID wallet is stitched with marine-grade polyester thread (stuff they use in ship sails) and lined with soft but tough pigskin (even tougher than cow leather).
- 100 YEAR WARRANTY - We are so confident in the quality of our leather wallets, we back everything we sell with a 100 Year Warranty on material and craftsmanship. Our company motto is, "They'll Fight Over It When You're Dead". That's not just talk, it's a fact.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
THE SADDLEBACK LEATHER FRONT POCKET ID WALLET
How can Saddleback give a 100 Year Warranty on a wallet? Aren't fancy leather wallets something you're supposed to replace every couple years? In addition to using the highest quality, most expensive parts for every one of our leather designs, you won't find zippers, chains, money clips, snaps or plastic on any of our wallets, because these all break over time. We keep our designs classic, simple and highly functional. Take advantage of this unprecedented value. Buy this thin leather ID wallet and buy the LAST leather wallet you'll ever need. Available in Saddleback's 4 leather finishes: Tobacco (Tan), Chestnut (Red-Brown), Dark Coffee (Dark Brown) and Black
QUALITY FROM BEGINNING TO END
1. THE BEST PEOPLE - The quality of our leather wallets is only as good as the people who make them. We employ the best leather artisans in the business.
2. THE BEST LEATHER - We only use full grain leather, which is the strongest, most expensive, highest grade of cow leather, sourced from reputable, environmentally friendly tanneries in Old Mexico.
3. THE BEST THREAD - Our thread quality cannot be emphasized enough. We use extremely strong, marine-grade polyester thread that is UV and saltwater resistant. You'll find the same thread used in parachutes.
4. THE BEST PARTS - We never use snaps, magnets, zippers, velcro or rolling wheels, which all eventually break. Combine that with our incredibly durable Stainless Steel 316 hardware on our popular Saddleback bags and it ensures our 100 Year Warranty is no idle boast.
5. 100 YEAR WARRANTY - We built the Front Pocket ID Wallet to last AT LEAST 100 years. All our leather designs are field-tested to handle stampeding bulls, your daily morning commute and small children. Whether your adventure takes you across the Serengeti or uptown on the A train at rush hour, if this leather wallet goes before you do, we'll fix it or replace it for free.
- Product Dimensions: 4.1 x 0.4 x 2.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0024YTCRW
- Item model number: WA-SM-CB
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 3, 2009
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The thickness of the wallet is perfect; when I move around with it in my rear or front pocket I barely notice that it's there. Others have had issues with bank cards embossing their numbers on the leather, but I have not... The leather is slightly raised where the numbering is, but it would be impossible to read the characters as others have claimed.
I have had this wallet for the better part of a year now, and it shows no signs of wear. I can't say that I think it will survive 100 years as the company claims, but it might get close! I will update this review if any defects occur.
For those who care, the company is now offering a version of this product that is made in the USA... Most of their products are made in Mexico however.
It's a wallet. It's well made. I wanted something smaller than what I was using because I had a serious case of "dad wallet" and hated the front pocket bulge. Obviously, it holds less than what I had before -- but that was the point. The product description says it holds more as you break it in, but I've only been using the wallet for a short time so I can't tell.
I want to re-emphasize that it's really well made. It's going to last a while and get better with age -- like a baseball glove.
I like it. I did take off one star for this reason: I use a "Tile" to keep me from losing my wallet. I put a "slim Tile" in the biggest pocket and it really doesn't fit that well. This is not the wallet's fault, I bought a small wallet. But I wanted to be clear to those reading the review.
Bottom line: If you buy this wallet I think you'll like it. But it's a wallet, not a smart phone. There aren't all that many features to review. It will hold most of your stuff, it's comfortable in your pants pocket and it really does feel made to last.
I will buy again.
They have belts, bags computers cases and briefcases.
I bought this to replace my previous wallet, which was also a front-pocket wallet. I liked that wallet a lot, but was disappointed when the plastic cracked and glue/ stitching came apart. Given that experience, Saddleback's 100 year warranty was appealing. If you are considering a purchase, and you haven't yet been to the Saddleback website, I would encourage you to check it out. It is well designed and has a number of entertaining stories. With creative slogan's like 'they'll fight over it when you're dead' and a goal of 'making excessively high quality leather designs' it was easy to get behind the company represented on the website.
I will say I was mildly annoyed Saddleback did not allow for Prime purchase/ any form of free shipping. Not only because I cheap, but also because I have come to expect such availability. The appeal of a good product and a good company were persuasive enough to overcome the shipping charge (which in fairness was reasonable- I'm just used to not having to pay it).
The good: It really is great quality. Stitching, leather, edging- all appear to be handmade and well-constructed. I don't know if it will really last 100 years, but I fully expect it will outlast any other wallet I had considered. Wallet looks great and is well designed. In a sick kinda way, I like that the economy of space forces me to be ruthless about what I choose to keep in my wallet.
The bad: I won't belabor the point made by others about the breaking in process. The main point I wish to make is that the bulk of the thick leather means you will have less space, but not necessarily a smaller wallet than other front wallet options. For me, this adjustment has not been an easy one. I'm accustomed to carrying more 'stuff' in my wallet, especially cash. I think I saw some reviews where reviewers indicated they carry bills in the middle pocket- I'm not going to call those people liars- but I will say that if they in fact did that, they must not use cash very often. It would be tight and awkward to get the bills out. As I mentioned above- there is not much room here. 5 total pockets, you could keep two cards in each. Carrying nice to have items which I rarely use (best example: Southwest drink coupons) is a thing of the past- not necessarily a bad thing. Finally, while the website projects a very personal and appealing facade, all things otherwise being equal, I prefer to support American businesses than 'old-Mexico' ones.
Overall, I really like it and expect to use it for many years to come. It looks great, and I am impressed with the quality and design. I don't really mind carrying a money clip (have done so off an on for years), but I don't like not having the option to carry cash in the wallet. If you enjoy the minimalist kool-aid, there is little here to disappoint.