|Price:||$619.00 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- 100% FULL-GRAIN BOOT LEATHER: Crafted from tough, 100% Full-Grain Boot Leather, which takes hits well and looks even better with age. Full-Grain Leather is the top layer of the cow skin which is the most expensive and toughest part. Every Saddleback item is made with this leather.
- NO BREAKABLE PARTS: The Classic Briefcase is constructed with no snaps, zippers, magnets, Velcro, etc. These will all break over time...usually sooner rather than later. Our hardware is nickel-plated metal commonly found on horse tack that will easily last a 100 years.
- THE BEST THREAD: Stitched with polyester thread that is used in airbags, ship sails and hiking boots. Polyester is about 4 times as strong as nylon and is also UV and saltwater resistant. Every stress point on this bag is double-stitched and riveted or reinforced with hidden nylon strapping.
- PERFECT FOR ANY SITUATION: Looks great in the courtroom, boardroom or the mountain trail and is covered by our 100 Year Warranty. We have received countless positive testimonials from company executives, lawyers, military personnel and college students who love their classic briefcase.
- PLENTY OF ROOM: 12" Tall x 16" Wide x 9" Deep with 4 interior pockets, 2 exterior pockets, 1 back pocket and a false bottom to hide your valuables with plenty of room for your laptop and gun. Great for the quick overnight business trip and can even be converted to a backpack for increased mobility.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
THE ORIGINAL SADDLEBACK LEATHER CLASSIC BRIEFCASE
This briefcase is like no other. Check out our competitors, Fossil, Filson, Wilson, Crazy Horse, Hartmann or Samsonite and you'll see what we mean. You'll find our quality is unmatched. This briefcase is mobile, perfect for the overnight business trip but won't get lost among the myriad of common, boring, rolling travel briefcases. There's plenty of room for carrying your gun, laptop computer and much more. Our bag also conveniently transforms into a backpack.
QUALITY FROM BEGINNING TO END
THE BEST PEOPLE
The quality of our bags is only as good as the people that make them. That's why we hire the best stitchers, leather workers, and quality control folks we can find and pay them well so they don't leave.
Saddleback only uses the best Chrome Tanned leather from reputable, environmentally friendly tanneries in Old Mexico.
The leather we use is the best, most expensive, rugged, full grain cow leather. The leather will stay hard enough to protect your valuables while still becoming beautifully soft over time. We cut the nasty looking marks out and throw them away. The cool or insignificant marks we leave. Because of natural oils, shade may vary. Logo may vary from what is shown.
NO BREAKABLE PARTS
You won't find snaps, magnets, zippers, Velcro or wheels, that all eventually break, on our leather bags.
No cheap aluminum buckles here. Our hardware is nickel-plated metal commonly found on horse tack.
100 YEAR WARRANTY
We built this briefcase to last AT LEAST 100 years. If this bag goes before you do, we'll fix it or replace it for free under our 100 Year Warranty. Heck, have your great grandchildren talk to us and we'll take care of them too. Only for 100 years, though. They'll fight over it when you're dead.
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B00FG6B714
- Item model number: 01-10-0001-LG-CN-NP-C
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 26, 2013
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
The Saddleback is replacing a soft-side leather briefcase made by Samsonite that I bought in 1993. It has served me well, but is a bit on the small side for my needs and is suffering from the very problems that the Saddleback company is trying to avoid: cheap components and construction that make the bag wear out before it should. The Samsonite I have used cost me $100 and was made with some nice soft leather. The leather has held up wonderfully over the years especially since I treated it every year or so with some Lexol conditioner. The shoulder strap was the first part to go. It was made with two pieces of leather strap that met in the middle and was sewn onto the shoulder pad. Seams are the Achilles heel for a leather product and this was the fatal flaw for the strap. Because the shoulder strap wasn't a single piece all the way from end-to-end, it began the seams began to pull apart after a few years. Then the backing on the shoulder pad began to crack and come apart. It was then I confirmed what I had suspected and lamented; the bag was made of nice leather, but the trim was made with inferior vinyl. Your leather product is only as good as the weakest materials in it, so why would a company make a very nice leather bag with cheap and far less durable vinyl? I made a replacement strap and it has held up just fine.Read more ›
When I travel this bag has to be with me. *EDIT* The XL complies with the carry-on baggage measurements *EDIT* It holds everything I need and keeps everything safe and undamaged. People say there is a large heft to the bag. I like that. If I wanted something that's light weight I would keep buying the same junk that will be ruined in 3-5 years. The heft of these bags means quality materials and work has been put into them so that they last for centuries (I can only vouch for a year so far).
I have this bag in an extra large. I'm 6'4", 200 lbs and this fits me perfectly. It's not too large or too small. I can easily pack two pairs of pants, a pair of shorts, three t-shirts, two dress shirts, some underclothes, my toiletry items, a book or two, my notebooks and some pens without having to cram things in. If you have all three straps buckled you are going to find it's a pain to get into, do as the picture shows and tuck the left and right straps back up and through the loops and only buckle the middle one if you know you are going to be pulling stuff out of it all the time.
The price is high, but you really do get more with this item than you will with any other bag in this price range. The main website even has their competitors linked on their site so you can do a comparison against their items.Read more ›
A couple things potential buyers should note ...
- It's heavy. Seriously, you probably won't want to carry it from one end of Atlanta International to the other. On the other hand, I probably should have converted it to a backpack for that trip ...
- Plan on using Leather Milk on it once or twice a year. You'll notice an immediate response in the leather when you apply it.
- My medium size fits my 13" MacBook Pro perfectly but there's no way a 15 would fit.
- It attracts attention. People are going to ask you where you got it and where they can get one too.
- You're going to get emotionally attached to it. You'll find yourself attaching keepsakes to various parts of the bag. It may wind up looking like Captain Jack Sparrow's hair. Friends may laugh at you for it but trust me, your feelings aren't wrong. They just don't know.
First I would like to get a few things out of the way:
- This is a very large bag. If you are not 6'2"+ this is luggage for you. I am 6'5" and people comment on how large the bag is when I have it on. I can fit a weeks worth of shirts & underwear, 2 pairs of pants, p-jays, and toiletries with no issue; hopefully that gives you a sense of scale.
- This bag is heavy. Everyone groans when they pick my bag up for the first time. You get use to the weight and if you have this bag you are bigger than most people so you can probably handle it. That said if you are going to walk for more than 2 hours with it put it into backpack mode or you'll hurt yourself. If you have any back problems you can't use this bag.
Next here are my impressions after 2 years of constant,daily use. I have flown with it many times, I leave it on the ground in the subway, I push it around on the floor, I knock it around frequently; This bag get no special treatment and is used to the fullest extent possible.
- This bag will not last 100 years. Your children will not fight over this. Simply not going to happen. That said this bag is made better than any other bag you will ever buy and will likely work for 50 years with some maintenance. Nothing on my bag is technicality "broken" but I can see where its going to happen. For instance: one of the rivets which holds the D-ring on, on the bottom of the bag, has begun to bend. It has not warped to the point where the rivet will fall off but it has left a barb which now stands up.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This briefcase, like all Saddleback Leather products, is made with a strong emphasis on simplicity and strength. Read morePublished 2 months ago by pvanderlugt
Bought this for my husband as a Christmas gift and he's one happy camper. These guys make nothing but quality products. Stellar craftsmanship. Read morePublished 2 months ago by kristy
After five days of anticipation, the day finally came that I received my new X-Large bag via UPS. That same day, after confirming the quality, I went ahead and ordered the Wrap... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Richard F Deantonio
This is an awesome bag. i've received numerous compliments about it at work.Published 2 months ago by StevieGJD
Holy smokes, this is a bag with a life of its own. I originally bought the Handolederco 15" Vintage Leather Messenger Soft Leather Briefcase Satchel Leather Laptop Messenger... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Eric R.