Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Saf Instant Yeast, 1 Pound Pouch
Size: 16 Ounce|Change

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(3 star). See all 1,187 reviews
on October 20, 2017
Took a week to get. OK yeast
on March 20, 2015
Not sure. Made some sprouted grain bread that called for instant yeast and the bread did not rise. I am trying again and I'll use a little more than the recipe calls for next time. Could have been the recipe but I was able to get the bread to rise fine in the past by increasing actives dry yeast so I really cannot compare. I had been told by several bread bakers that instant is best so I will give it another shot.
on November 17, 2014
This yeast is great, performing well, no complaints - but the package I received had been date-stamped as packaged 9 months before my purchase. I don't *think* that the yeast would have aged while vacuum sealed, but I'm concerned it might have a shorter life than a fresh packet. It seems strange to receive such an old product.
on April 24, 2014
I order this product because of it's smaller size. I keep it in the refrigerator and use it fairly often but the last several times I used the yeast it did not have much punch so I concluded it did not have good lasting power. I ordered some red star yeast and the difference is very noticeable.
on November 23, 2015
More expensive (double) than what I have purchased at GFS previously!

That said I'd only use saf-instant for all my bread making!
on March 17, 2015
Work out cheaper than retail store brought. But dough not rising as much as I though it should. Bread still turning out much denser than store bought bread
on June 8, 2014
A decent product. I prefer Fleischmans instant dry yeast or active dry yeast. Price point a little high. also for this particular product
on October 23, 2015
It has a distinct smell on my bread
on March 5, 2017
I read reviews that said this worked in bread maker and it definitely did not. Worked well to make a sour dough start though.
on December 10, 2016
First try did not go as well as it could have. I made dinner rolls from the Crazy Bread recipe. The yeast foamed but did not raise the rolls in an hour as the recipe said it would. I will keep trying til I get the hang of it! Think I may use the oven to proof them next time or just wait til they are doubled no matter how much time it takes. Guess I was looking for instant gratification!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.