Safe Paw Non-Toxic Ice Melter Pet Safe, 8 lbs. 3 oz.
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Non-Toxic ice melt is guaranteed safe for pets
- Concentrated pellets cover twice the area of rock salt
- Timed-Release formulation helps prevent re-icing for up to three days
- Safe for animals, children, vegetation, and concrete brick and stone
- Safe paw is available in the 8-pounds size
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Redmond Ice Slicer - Ice Melt Salt, Kid & Pet Safe Deicer, All-Natural Granular Slicer 10 Lb Bag
Safe Paw Ice Melter 35 Lbs/Pail
North American Salt 56810 Power 6300 Enviro Blend Ice Melter, 10-Pound
PESTELL 683051 Paw Thaw Ice Melt for Pets, 25-Pound Bag
Safe Paw Non-Toxic Ice Melter Pet Safe, 8 lbs. 3 oz - Pack of 2
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||stores123||Redmond Life||stores123||PT Exclusive||Petco||Jennifer Crowleys' (Store)|
|Item Dimensions||7.5 x 11.3 x 5 in||4.75 x 7.5 x 14.63 in||12.5 x 15 x 12.5 in||8.4 x 13.5 x 2.9 in||13 x 3 x 20 in||—|
This non-toxic ice melt is guaranteed safe for pets. Concentrated pellets cover twice the area of rock salt and will not irritate pets paws or skin, and work in temperatures as low as -2 degree Fahrenheit. Timed-Release formulation helps prevent re-icing for up to three days. Guaranteed non-toxic. Safe for animals, children, vegetation, and concrete brick and stone. Safe paw is available in the 8-pounds size. Active ingredients are carbonyl diamine and a glycol admixture. Measures 11-1/3-inch length by 5-inch height by 7-1/2-inch width.
Special Fire Fighting Procedures: FIREFIGHTERS SHOULD WEAR-CONTAINED BREATHING APPARATUS AND FULL PROTECTIVE GEAR. EXTINGUISING MEDIA SHOULD BE CHOSEN BASED ON THE NATURE OF THE SURROUNDING FIRE Effects of Overexposure: Chronic (Long Term Exposure): None Known Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation, although no incidents of dust inhalation health effects have been reported Eye Contact: Flush with water for 10 minutes. If any irritation persists seek medical attention. Skin Contact: Very slight irritation. Repeated or prolonged contact may cause reddening. Just wash with soap and water. If reddening persists seek medical attention Ingestion: May cause stomach irritation and upset. If persists seek medical attention Incompatibility (Materials to Avoid): Strong Oxidizers Hazardous Decomposition Products: Nitrogen Oxides, Carbon Oxides
Modified Amide/Glycol Admixture Safe Paw has been used and recommended with confidence for years by veterinarians, animal hospitals, groomers, shelters, and humane societies making it the #1 selling brand
Manufacturer responsible for all legal and warranty claims
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I had read the reviews on how it was safe on concrete but in my experience Safe Paw is not safe on all concrete. We applied it to ice on our front steps in December 2016. When shoveling the snow off the stairs after the next snowfall, we noticed the concrete on the steps flaking on the riser and pitting on the treads.
Like all products, we just forgot to try the product on a lesser noticed area of concrete. Our local concrete supplier agree that we should have tried the product on a test area.
I guess lesson learned. But we did get references for concrete finishers to repair the damage.
The key is to lightly sprinkle the product over the desired area. Do not overdue it.
Another side note with reviews on Amazon is really read into the review. Is the person giving lower stars because they didn't use the product how it was intended. Or is the product deficient and need to go back to the drawing board. Just my 2 cents.
We've been using Safe Paw Ice Melter for two winters now and really find it to be a good option. None of the animals in our yard or our neighbor's yard seem to be affected by it and our indoor cats are still doing just fine. The Ice Melter does a good job getting rid of the ice on our steps and the walkways around the house and driveway.
I have noticed that we track it inside at times - of course any tiny little ball will get into the grooves of your shoes. BUT - the color allows me to see it and clean it up right away. Even if they do get crushed, they're still easy to clean up with our vacuum and they do not stain the floor or rugs, that I have seen. Just a heads up: the color does eventually leech out - the balls become white over time - but like I said, it doesn't seem to stain anything.
I recommend it for those of you who are concerned about tracking toxic ice melters inside or about the wildlife around your house.
- I like the fact that this product is non toxic, but it costs quite a bit for an 8 pound jug vs conventional ice melt. I don't mind paying for the safety aspect of this type of ice melt, but I would like more product for the money. I think 12-15lbs would be reasonable for the price they are asking. 8 pounds goes quick if you have a decent size area to spread this over.
- The container itself is a plus, you simply turn the top, and it has two openings, one completely open, and the other is more like a spreader like a salt shaker, only way I can explain it. This helps to not dump out the product too fast or accidentally, and keeps it neater and easier to work with.
- Ice melted fairly well with this product, but the other "green" safe ice melt worked faster. I'm not sure if its just the temperatures I used it in, but this seemed a little slower acting. I'd have to test them side by side to be sure, but for now I'm pleased enough with this safe ice melt.
- Amazon delivered quickly with Amazon prime and I will be re ordering one more time before the winter is over!