Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.57 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Safer Brand 51702 Diatomaceous Earth - Bed Bug, Ant and Crawling Insect Killer, 4-Pound Bag
|Price:||$18.77 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Diatomaceous earth-based powder is a highly effective ant killer; 4-pound resealable bag
- Kills insects by ingestion/dehydration within 48 hours indoors or outdoors
- Also for Bed Bugs, cockroach, earwig, silverfish, crickets, millipedes and centipede control
- Insects cannot develop a resistance to it since there are no chemicals to build immunity from
- OMRI Listed and USDA-approved for organic gardening
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth Powder And, Crawling Insect and Bed Bug Killer - 4 lb. Bag
- and more...
Leave Crawling Insects in the Dust
Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth is a naturally-derived powder-like product, specifically toxic to crawling insects. This versatile, dual-action formula kills a wide range of insects by dehydration, two ways: by touch and by ingestion. Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth is chemical-free and can be applied indoors and outdoors: simply sprinkle the powder across infested areas, making sure to cover every crack and crevice where insects may travel. It will begin to work in just minutes and completely kill crawling insects in as little as 48 hours.
The Safer Brand Approach to Insect Control
This long-trusted insect killer allows you to get rid of insect pests indoors and outdoors without the need for harmful chemicals. Made with food-grade diatomaceous earth, this insect killer is OMRI listed and approved for organic gardening - so you can apply it around your home and garden with confidence.
Naturally-Derived Dust Kills From the Inside and Out
Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.) is composed of crushed fossilized fresh-water algae - aka diatoms. While soft to a human’s touch, D.E. particles have microscopic, razor-sharp edges that effectively penetrate and cut open an insect’s delicate exoskeleton to dehydrate it from the outside. D.E. is also very dry and porous, so when an insect ingests the powder, it quickly absorbs the insect’s moisture and dries it out from the inside. As long as the product remains dry, it remains effective. What’s more, because there are no chemicals in Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth, insects cannot grow immune to it - you’ll never have to switch insect-killers again.
Sprinkle Directly Where Insects Live and Breed:
Kitchens and Living Areas
Coat a thin layer of dust underneath and behind appliances, furniture, doorways, windowsills and other cracks and hiding places around the home.
Attics, Basements and Garages
Apply in every nook and cranny of infested areas to completely eradicate insects and end the breeding cycle.
Beds and Mattresses
Dust onto every inch and crevice of your bed and mattress to kill off bedbugs.
Exteriors, Patios and More
Use in outdoor areas along entryways and exterior windows to kill insects before they enter the home.
The Safer Brand Philosophy
One of the world leaders in organic insect control, organic plant disease control and organic gardening products for over 20 years, Safer Brand is dedicated to offer the broadest and deepest selection of quality insect control and plant disease control products at competitive prices.
Safer Brand ant and crawling insect killer's organic pest control formula is ideal for killing ants, earwigs, cockroaches, silverfish, crickets, fleas, millipedes, and centipedes. It utilizes diatomaceous earth and a bait formula that kills insects by ingestions and/or dehydration within 48 hours. Works indoors and outdoors when kept dry.
Caution: Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes.Avoid breathing dust. Use adequate ventilation. Wear suitable dust mask when using this product during prolonged exposure.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Anyway, here's the important stuff:
1) I had bed bugs (confirmed by spotting them). The very same week I put this stuff down, I stopped getting bites. I assume it worked.
2) When I put it down, I focused on (a) where the floor boards meet the wall; (b) all corners; (c) behind and underneath all furniture; and (d) around, but not in, my bed. For the first two weeks, I also spread diatomaceous earth thinly over the whole floor at night, and swept it up in the morning.
3) I did not completely clean up all of it for months. Actually, there's probably a lot still hidden under furniture. This is important because my roommates removed the diamaceous earth from their floors after two weeks and started getting bites again. They repeated this several times before they got serious.
4) We have two cats. Neither of them seemed bothered by the diatomaceous earth, despite the warnings on the label. Likewise, I expect a feline to be worse for any chemicals the exterminator might use (just going off intuition). Of course, warning labels exist for a reason, so proceed at your own risk. Maybe you or your cat are different.
5) Diatomaceous earth gets everywhere once you put it down. You will inevitably breathe some of it, and it tastes like chalk, or perhaps essence of staleness. It was a negligible irritation, contrasted with getting bitten by bed bugs every night. It will also get on your clothes. If you beat/slap your clothes, it comes right out.
In closing, I now recommend diatomaceous earth to everyone, especially college students. And if you are considering buying this, you can't possibly be going through a great time right now. So, I wish you good luck and Godspeed.
Oh and another thing, a light dusting is harder to kill with especially if there's moisture in the air. Hitting them directly works the best. After a week or so they can walk in the dust and not be killed. I cant reapply however because the powdering process is extremely horrible on your lungs, even if wearing a mask. And theres dust literally everywhere, on every surface after it takes nearly hours to settle. Then because I have two little ones (I could only do the safe areas where they can't get to anything) I had to clean the dust up thr next morning. Vacuum did nothing as I have tile and wood, so sweeping stirred more dust. Then, when it is mopped up, it takes several attempts in getting the film from the pesticides off the floors. In theory I thought I could apply and remove to avail the issue however that's just not the case with this product.