Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $14.52 shipping
+ $8.36 shipping
Safer Brand 51702 Diatomaceous Earth - Bed Bug, Ant and Crawling Insect Killer, 4-Pound Bag
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Order it now.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Diatomaceous earth-based powder is a highly effective ant killer; 4-pound resealable bag
- Kills insects by ingestion/dehydration within 48 hours indoors or outdoors
- Also for Bed Bugs, cockroach, earwig, silverfish, crickets, millipedes and centipede control
- Insects cannot develop a resistance to it since there are no chemicals to build immunity from
- OMRI Listed and USDA-approved for organic gardening
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth Powder And, Crawling Insect and Bed Bug Killer - 4 lb. Bag
- and more...
Leave Crawling Insects in the Dust
Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth is a naturally-derived powder-like product, specifically toxic to crawling insects. This versatile, dual-action formula kills a wide range of insects by dehydration, two ways: by touch and by ingestion. Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth is chemical-free and can be applied indoors and outdoors: simply sprinkle the powder across infested areas, making sure to cover every crack and crevice where insects may travel. It will begin to work in just minutes and completely kill crawling insects in as little as 48 hours.
The Safer Brand Approach to Insect Control
This long-trusted insect killer allows you to get rid of insect pests indoors and outdoors without the need for harmful chemicals. Made with food-grade diatomaceous earth, this insect killer is OMRI listed and approved for organic gardening - so you can apply it around your home and garden with confidence.
Naturally-Derived Dust Kills From the Inside and Out
Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.) is composed of crushed fossilized fresh-water algae - aka diatoms. While soft to a human’s touch, D.E. particles have microscopic, razor-sharp edges that effectively penetrate and cut open an insect’s delicate exoskeleton to dehydrate it from the outside. D.E. is also very dry and porous, so when an insect ingests the powder, it quickly absorbs the insect’s moisture and dries it out from the inside. As long as the product remains dry, it remains effective. What’s more, because there are no chemicals in Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth, insects cannot grow immune to it - you’ll never have to switch insect-killers again.
Sprinkle Directly Where Insects Live and Breed:
Kitchens and Living Areas
Coat a thin layer of dust underneath and behind appliances, furniture, doorways, windowsills and other cracks and hiding places around the home.
Attics, Basements and Garages
Apply in every nook and cranny of infested areas to completely eradicate insects and end the breeding cycle.
Beds and Mattresses
Dust onto every inch and crevice of your bed and mattress to kill off bedbugs.
Exteriors, Patios and More
Use in outdoor areas along entryways and exterior windows to kill insects before they enter the home.
The Safer Brand Philosophy
One of the world leaders in organic insect control, organic plant disease control and organic gardening products for over 20 years, Safer Brand is dedicated to offer the broadest and deepest selection of quality insect control and plant disease control products at competitive prices.
Safer Brand ant and crawling insect killer's organic pest control formula is ideal for killing ants, earwigs, cockroaches, silverfish, crickets, fleas, millipedes, and centipedes. It utilizes diatomaceous earth and a bait formula that kills insects by ingestions and/or dehydration within 48 hours. Works indoors and outdoors when kept dry.
Caution: Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes.Avoid breathing dust. Use adequate ventilation. Wear suitable dust mask when using this product during prolonged exposure.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I sleep on the couch often as wife and I keep different schedules and I'm kind of an insomniac, only sleep 4-5 hours per night usually so that interrupts her sleeping routines and it's just easier for me to sleep on the couch when I'm not tired at bed time. Bed bugs did not help my insomnia at all, they made it worse as I didn't want to go to sleep as all I could think about was those things crawling on me and sucking my blood while I was sleeping. Anyway, we ended up with bed bugs in our couch somehow and I bought two gallons of pump style spray killer and I even bought the aerosol kind and none of it seemed to work. Two gallons on the couch and floor and walls should have done the trick and it didn't, was fine for a few days but then woke up again with bites on me. Yes I saw them too so I know they were there as I ripped everything apart to clean everything yet again.
I was at my wits end with these things but then I found out about diatomaceous earth and I'm so happy I did, no more bed bugs. I've gone weeks now with no bites.
The only thing is that you need to a way to apply it and you need a good dust mask or respirator for the application process and rubber gloves as well. This stuff will dry out your hands, but some lotion and you'll be fine. I also have pets and the other spray stuff wasn't the best with them, but this stuff is safe for them as well so that's a plus there.
I ended up grabbing a large sized glass cheese shaker from the local dollar store and it works great for application of this stuff. (see picture)
It did take a couple applications, I just wanted to be sure. Applied it, let it sit for a few days, vacuumed everything and reapplied, did this every week for three weeks and no more bed bugs. Yes it might seem like a hassle, but it was well worth the time and effort to me to be able to sleep peacefully. You need to make sure that you apply to floors and walls as you never know where they'll hide, and any crack you see and on and under baseboards too.
I'm happy, no more bed bugs, well worth the price for sure. I wish I would have learned about this stuff before spending lots more time and money on other pesticides that didn't work.
This is a highly recommended product to get rid of bed bugs inexpensively.
Anyway, here's the important stuff:
1) I had bed bugs (confirmed by spotting them). The very same week I put this stuff down, I stopped getting bites. I assume it worked.
2) When I put it down, I focused on (a) where the floor boards meet the wall; (b) all corners; (c) behind and underneath all furniture; and (d) around, but not in, my bed. For the first two weeks, I also spread diatomaceous earth thinly over the whole floor at night, and swept it up in the morning.
3) I did not completely clean up all of it for months. Actually, there's probably a lot still hidden under furniture. This is important because my roommates removed the diamaceous earth from their floors after two weeks and started getting bites again. They repeated this several times before they got serious.
4) We have two cats. Neither of them seemed bothered by the diatomaceous earth, despite the warnings on the label. Likewise, I expect a feline to be worse for any chemicals the exterminator might use (just going off intuition). Of course, warning labels exist for a reason, so proceed at your own risk. Maybe you or your cat are different.
5) Diatomaceous earth gets everywhere once you put it down. You will inevitably breathe some of it, and it tastes like chalk, or perhaps essence of staleness. It was a negligible irritation, contrasted with getting bitten by bed bugs every night. It will also get on your clothes. If you beat/slap your clothes, it comes right out.
In closing, I now recommend diatomaceous earth to everyone, especially college students. And if you are considering buying this, you can't possibly be going through a great time right now. So, I wish you good luck and Godspeed.
Only negative thing: the bag looks like a zip-lock but it doesn't work at all. AT ALL! From the moment of opening, it was clear the bag would not reseal.
Still, well worth the price and very effective.