Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on January 10, 2013
We bought this when our daughter was born after hearing lots of good things about the kit.

The pack comes with:
Steady grip nail clippers
5 emery boards
Gentle care hairbrush and comb
Cradle Cap Comb
Digital thermometer with case and probe covers
Medication bottle
nasal aspirator
toothbrush
alcahol swabs

To break it down for you, here is what we have found in the last 5-1/2 months.

The clippers are great - It would be better if they included the one with the LED light standard, but the regular ones work great, you just either need to do it when baby is sleeping, or with a helper.

The nail files are pretty much useless - They are so thin and flimsy that after 5 minutes trying to file my daughter's nails at 3 days I gave up and clipped with the clippers.

We use the hairbrush every night to brush our daughter's hair after a bath - just to get her used to the habit. Haven't used the comb or the cradle cap comb either. We have found that washing her hair at least every couple days and massaging her scalp during her nightly baths has kept cradle cap away.

The digial thermometor is good - it can be used under the arm, or with a prob to be used rectally. We have only used it under her arm as we have a red cross temporal thermometor that works great and can be used while she is sleeping without waking. This is important if baby hasn't slept much due to fever.

The medicine "bottle" is a joke - I use it to store small amount of breast milk for cereal. My daughter has had to have antibiotics once, and she gets tylenol regularly for teething pain - we use the dosage things that came with the medications. This I could understand being useful if you have to give a few ML's of something when baby is 1 or 2, but it's completely useless for us.

The nasal aspirator is also a joke. The plastic part disonnects from the "bulb" almost every time we have tried to use it. My daughter was in day care at 8 weeks until just before Christmas, so she had her share of colds and needed a nasal aspirator frequently. This thing would come apart every time we tried to push the bulb in to get a good suction. My advise is throw it away and buy a "little Noses" stuffy nose kit with saline drops and a nasal aspirator. That one has worked wonders for us, along with an electronic one.

Toothbrush - My daughter is 5-1/2 months and doesn't have any teeth - We have this set aside for when she gets her first tooth, but let her play with it to "clean" her gums so she is used to it.

Alcahols swabs - These are good to clean off the thermometor after each use.

Hope this helps someone!
0Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 12, 2017
This Deluxe Healthcare set came in handy due to the many items provided within this set. I really liked the quality of the material used in constructing these items.
on February 2, 2016
Cheap quality products and the nail clipper is not usable because it is to hard to move the part were you suppose to push on to clip the nails. It would totally injure the baby using this so it landed straight in the trash. Brush and combs are ok but even the suctioning bulb is horrible because it split in two pieces when pushing on it...Failure Buy!
on April 8, 2012
i love everything about this product its very safe and it comes in the cutest togo case plus there is more room for anything else you want to add to it! the hairbrush and comb will work great for my angel. i love the mini bottle for medicine. and the ear sucker is a lil odd cuz it comes apart awell if it dont work i have another one! highly reccomend this to parents
on May 10, 2012
Great, quality MUST HAVES when bringing home a newborn. Bought this for my friend who is a single dad, and had to explain to him about cradle cap and how to use the clippers to cut his daughters nails. He was ever so grateful to have the quality products for some of the more painful things that you have to do when you have an infant.
on May 25, 2017
EXCELENTE
on October 20, 2016
still use some of these for my 4 year old. the brush was really nice when he had cradle cap to loosen the dry skin.
on November 28, 2012
Most of the items are okay in this kit but the bulb syringe, (ASPIRATOR) is useless. Very cheaply made. The medicine dispenser seems to be the same way but I haven't used it yet to be certain. It was a disappointment to find this considering those are two of the most important things in my opinion. The nail clippers worked good and the brush set seems to be fine. Overall, product is okay.
on April 20, 2017
ME GUSTA.
on August 31, 2016
Has all the necessities and a cute carrying case.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.