Safety 1st High-Def Digital Video Monitor
- Indoor and outdoor range of more than 650"
- Auto-night vision
- Auto channel selector
- Low battery and out of range indicators
- Rechargeable parent unit with belt clip
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
First, the box is nicely configured and when you open it, everything is there to see (some may think this is crazy but i purchased/returned a swat system and the thing was a pain in the butt to get out and put back in)
2nd, hooked it up and there is NO interference.... thats right, NO interference, none.... NO popping sounds, NO dropping picture, NO neighbors kid.... NOTHING... just very, very clear picture and sound. since I just got the system and hooked it up, I have not used the night vision or the zoom in/out, pan features. It seems pretty straight forward to use from the handset. The screen on the handset is somewhat on the small size but the clarity and the quality is pretty good.
I thought the camera and the handset would be a whole lot heavier but they seem to be pretty well made. When you put in the rechargable batteries in the handset make sure you unscrew the little screw at the bottom (or read the directions). So the handset comes with rechargable batteries and a power plug. The camera does not come with the batteries (even though you can run it on batteries) I am not sure about placing rechargable batteries in it.
I will update my review with more info, but so far, comparing it to other monitors, this seems to work flawlessly. I am amazed that no one had come up with this technology before. So my first impression of the item is very good and I would definitely recommend it.
**update 1** 4/25/08 ** tried the item with night vision and it is pretty good.Read more ›
We bought this to replace our Summer non-digital video monitor, which we have LOVED for 2 years due to it's awesome picture quality, simplicity, and reliability. We needed to replace it due to the fact that our neighbor bought the same Summer monitor and the audio interference became unbearable as a result. So, we had to go digital to avoid the interference issues.
This Safety 1st monitor is the 3rd digital video monitor that we have tried. The Safety 1st "high def" monitor is the best of the three that we tried, but still has some flaws and makes me wish we could still use the non-digital Summer that we love.
Quick review of the "other" monitors we tried:
I should say that we first tried the Summer "best view" digital monitor to replace our Summer non-digital. Since we loved the non-digital, we thought this would be a great upgrade. Wrong. The monitor has a handheld unit and a remote that allows you to pan and zoom. It's obvious that Summer spent all of their development and part costs on this pan and zoom feature, because the rest of the product feels cheap. The camera unit feels like it would break if you dropped it on carpet, and is huge and clunky with flashing green lights that I'm sure my toddler would love to wake up and talk about at 4am.Read more ›
1. PICTURE. This monitor has by far the best picture of any baby video monitor I have seen. That being said, it is NOT "high-def" to the standards of a high-def television. It is high def compared to other monitors currently available. 5 STARS.
2. SOUND. The sound quality is very good. There is a soft "whoosh" of interference that is constantly in the background when the receiver is on. I have never seen a monitor that didn't have that interference, and this is better than most. The microphone appears to be very sensitive and picks up my child's smallest sounds. 4 STARS.
3. RECEPTION. The reception is unparalleled in my opinion. There is only an occasional blip of interference on one side of the picture that resolves quickly. We walked three houses away on either side of our house before we lost reception. Needless to say the reception inside our home and in our yard is flawless. Even several houses away the reception didn't degrade in quality - it was perfect until it was lost, displaying a lost connection symbol. A few steps back toward our house restored perfect reception again. Additionally, the monitor does not appear to conflict with our wireless internet in any way. 5 STARS.
4. PAN/TILT. This monitor advertises the ability to pan and tilt. If you are picturing being able to remotely control the camera to move in any direction, that's not what it does.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This product is Great. I already rated this product. It was a gift. My friend was satisfied with this item.Published 22 months ago by L María
Good little product with decent distance. This may interfere with your Internet...just need to reset both units. Wish the screen was bigger.Published on January 28, 2013 by M Espinosa - Vegas
Do not buy Safety First products. I won the video monitor from the mother's day Ellen Show in 2010 and was super excited about it. It had almost a month of use before it broke. Read morePublished on November 22, 2011 by madmom
We've been using it for 2 years and its really a great product. Range is good, pic is good and audio is great. Highyl recommendedPublished on April 5, 2011 by lewa
Please check out Summer Infant Best View Monitor before you decide on this one. This is far more in price and a lot less in quality. I know because I have tried both.Published on November 21, 2010 by F.Sumbal
This was a good monitor. We did quite a bit of research before we bought it, and I think we did well. There were no interference issues; sound and picture were very good. Read morePublished on August 14, 2010 by Utterly Disappointed
I did a lot of research before buying this and have had it for a year now. We still use it, but it is really overpriced for what it is, poorly designed and poorly supported. Read morePublished on August 14, 2010 by James Baron
I love being able to check on my little guy anytime. Although the receiver picture is small, you can clearly see your baby. It does not pick up interference. Read morePublished on March 17, 2010 by C. sparrow
I like how I can select "off " on "time out" and see our baby all the time
I live in Europe and we cant have anything in the 900mghz range..so, this is perfect! Read more