BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Kidz Bop Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on March 9, 2011
I looked at all the different spout covers avalible and decided on this one because it's so cute and looked like it was the softest in case baby did hit their head. I'm really happy with this one. It fits perfectly on the bath spout and there is a cute feature where a small stream of water comes out of the big whales mouth. My baby is going to love this once he's old enough. The small whale on top is there in case you have a shower pull, however I would not recomend this one if you have that because you'll have to remove the whale each time you take a shower in order to access the pull.
on January 6, 2012
This works great! The first time I used it, I didn't have any water coming out the whale's "spout" but that was because I had pushed it back TOO far on the faucet. Now what I do is start the water, and then attach the whale. When I get it in the right spot, the water shoots out the front and my daughter loves it. It's very safe too, it's soft enough to protect her head but firm enough to do it's job. One caution, however, is that I often turn on the hot water in the middle of her bath to warm it back up. I need to be careful when hot water is shooting out this spout, so that I dont burn her! But I have learned to push her to the back of tub and add the water, and then I turn off the faucet and let it stop dripping before I swish it around and let her play where she wants again. We do not have a shower pull on our faucet, so this is not an issue for us. And actually, I take the whale off the faucet and put it away after her bath anyway. It's very easy to remove and place back on. It is perfect for what we need.
on June 6, 2014
I like this item. I no longer have to worry about my son hitting his head against the water spout. It's an ok spout protector, the only downside and reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because there is no place on this on and pull up the little knob on your spout so that you can shower without having to remove this device. It's quite annoying and I wish I would have seen the other ones that can stay on while you shower because they have the right parts so you can pull up the little shower device on your spout. Its cute for kids because it shoots water out of its mouth but annoying for parents. Shop around first. I guess it's fine if you have a separate bathroom from your kids.
on July 13, 2012
The product is fine, it arrived in good shape and is as described... But it doesn't fit my bath spout. I admit that it was a gamble to buy this item because my bathtub fixtures are rather old - my spout does not have the pull/push shower switch on the top like most newer fixtures. Also, the body of the spout gets gradually bigger towards the base. The whale has these large plastic teeth in his, ahem, behind that are meant to grab the spout. Unfortunately, if the spout is too wide these teeth are rendered useless. So, between that and the lack of the shower switch, which I'm sure would help hold it in place, this whale just droops off the spout. I'm going to have to figure out how to make it work.
on January 20, 2012
I wanted to get a spout guard for the bathtub our daughter is using (she is 9 months old now and just recently started bathing in the "big girl" tub). This was one of the few that looked cute and looked like it would work with a spout that has a shower spigot. It does generally work well, but whenever we have to take it off and put it back on, it's a bit difficult to get back on (maybe I have a thick spout?), and it's difficult to position it just so that a heavy stream of water still comes out the bottom while a good waterfall also comes out of the whale's front. It's not impossible, but I do have to fiddle with it a lot. It's definitely not something I would recommend buying if you have to take it off constantly to use the shower. For our purposes, we only have to take it off to wash the bathtub a few times a month, so it works for us. And my daughter seems to like playing with the water that comes out of the whale's front, so that's a bonus!
on February 7, 2012
I just got this item today, 2-7-12, after i had ordered it on a saturday with 2 day shipping but since it was a weekend I got it on a Tuesday. Anyways the shipping was fast and it was well packaged. The product itself is very cute and isnt hard. I took my time looking for the perfect one and I cam across this one and it seemed to be perfect. Im so glad I ordered it. Its a soft material but not too soft. Its soft/hard enough to protect your childs head without hurting them. I wouldnt recommend this product if you have a lift on the spout that makes it go to the shower then to the bath because youd have to take it off then put it back on. I didnt have that problem since mny daughters bathroom has its own knobe. Anyways the spout is very cute and fit perfect in the under water theme I made her bathroom and she loves it! I recommend this to anyone! Thanks, hope this helped :)
on June 24, 2013
This product serves its purpose well. Other people gave it bad reviews because it didn't fit correctly, didn't have a space for the shower pull on the spout or that it would mold easily. It only needs to fit for the 5-10 mins your child is in the bath, it's obvious from the photos there isn't a space for a shower system that has a pull on the spout and take it off when your child is done bathing. Well worth the money and highly recommended!
on August 19, 2011
I love this spout guard. It's thick enough to where I know my baby will not get hurt if he bumps his head and it's a great toy. My son loves the whales and the water feature it has.

I put it on without him seeing it, and so far he hasn't tried to get it off. I use it in our big tub (spout without the shower knob), and it fits great. If you have a shower knob it will not fit, but that's specified in the description.

Would definitely recommend.
on July 21, 2013
Great in theory, didn't work though. Our faucet is smooth with no tab for the shower, so this was supposed to be the best design for us. It won't stay on. It slowly inches it's way off, and especially as the water is running. We ended up just using it as a bath toy.
on March 28, 2014
This is exactly like I expected and needed. I know longer have to worry about him hitting his head or face on the faucet. We do NOT have shower pull on the faucet so this works great. It does come off if your child were to pull it off. However, my child is 11 months old and couldn't be bothered with it. I like the fact it comes off easily so that when I want to take a bath or something I can pull it off and have full flow of the water. I would definately recommend it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.