Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Said in Stone
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on October 2, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this analytical look at the game of baseball by former major league pitcher (and current White Sox color commentator) Steve Stone.

For most of the book, Stone takes a position by position look at the game and skillfully weaves in his memories of, and opinions of, players he's seen and/or played with. In the last few chapters, he takes a look at the baseball front office, the commissioners, and the state of the game today.

It's a pretty "high level" look at the game and, while I consider myself pretty knowledgeable when it comes to baseball, I learned plenty from this highly informative book.

Highly recommended for the truly devoted baseball fan, though I suspect that the more casual fan might enjoy it, too.
on February 17, 2012
Steve Stone IS still the best analyst in baseball but does that mean you have to be a smug ass about it? He explains each position and who is good at it and who isn't. He also opines about a few things but this certainly was not worth my money or time reading.
on September 25, 2011
"Stone Pony, In my 50 years in the game..." When I hear this during White Sox broadcasts, I know there is a good chance a big heaping mound of dung is about to flow out of Hawk Harrelson's mouth. But when Steve Stone speaks and writes, it is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. This book is entertaining and informative. I have been watching baseball for many years, and I never thought of it in terms of the game being won 90 feet at a time, as Steve said. Now watching Baseball I see where this is evident. This was one purchase I was very glad to make!
on January 16, 2012
Stoney has the most intelligent, yet common-sense approach to baseball possible.

I could listen to Steve talk about baseball all day. He has a great mind for the game and a litany of fantastic stories and anecdotes to tell. There are plenty in this book as he breaks down every position across the diamond and into the clubhouse and front office. While Steve was playing, he made it a point to learn something new about the game every day; and in this book he passes on a lot of the knowledge he has picked up in his career.

If I owned a team, I would definitely be trying to hire this guy to help run it.

Definitely check it out.
on May 16, 2011
Very entertaining for baseball fans. Stone brings the dugout and locker room to life for all. A fast paced and intelligent look at baseball today and the past couple of decades. A must for baseball fans in general and specifically Chicago baseball fans