Other Sellers on Amazon
Sailing The Seas Of Cheese [CD/DVD Combo][Deluxe Edition] CD+DVD
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Seas of Cheese - 7.5/10 A nice little intro featuring some interesting vocals.
2. Here come the b@stards - 8/10 I've seen multiple reviews bash this song for being repetitive. I love it for some reason and it is one of my favorites on the CD.
3. Sgt. Baker - 9.5/10 Definitely one of the best on the CD. This song has an interesting chorus about what drill sergeants do to their troops, i will read it for you to get you excited to hear it: I will rape your personality
Pummel you with my philosophy
Strip you of your self integrity
To make you all just a bit like me!!
Truly an amazing song.
4. American Life - 10/10 Again.. another amazing song, Primus tends to bunch the highlights of the cd together. The song definitely has a MUCH more depressing note to it then the first 3 tracks. It tells the stories of 3 immigrants and the woes that met them when they came to America.
5. Jerry was a Racecar Driver - 8/10 A lot of people consider this the best song on the CD. While it is a fantastic song, i disagree.
6.Read more ›
Not because it's weird, not because the bass-playing is good, and not because it has clay models swimming in a bowl of cheese dip on the cover... though that last one does contribute...
Nay, it is simply because the album makes me smile. Who can hold back a grin when the lyrics to Jerry Was a Race Car Driver are sung in flawless redneck dialect? And the journey you are taken on into the life of a macho cat (Tommy the Cat) is epic and unforgettable. You may even feel inspired to hike up to a lake of our own Northwest and fish when you hear Fish On.
If you are suffering the symptoms of clinical depression, please call and order Sailing the Seas of Cheese today. Seriously.
PS: the visual media is just like g-force visualizer over some odd 50's & 60's stock film footage. Not much too look at after 1st play, but the audio & mix are top notch.
PSS: for audiophiles, the 5.1 mixes, both PCM & Dolby True HD are only 48kHZ/24bit not 96kHz/24bit as advertised & stated on the back of the case. This will only matter in 10% of home audio systems, but this is the same sample rate as stated on the DVD edition for $2 less. Since more people have DVD systems still, it is a bit of knock against buying Blu-ray editions if they are not superior to DVD editions...Just saying cause it's a truth in advertising issue for me personally!
People tend to view Primus as a talented comedy band, which is fine, but there's more to them than that. Primus gets beneath the skin of the average American redneck, and exploits them (like I feel they should be). Many people tend to ignore the political messages of the songs.
Then again, there are some songs that are clearly jokes (Tommy the Cat), and some songs that are clearly serious (Eleven). The variety of the lyrics are very refreshing.
Now, the music is just amazing. I love bands who experiment, and although Les Cleypool is clearly an amazing bass player, what makes Primus really click for me is Larry LaLonde's guitar playing. He can produce great ambient sounds. Not everyone will notice it, but if it was taken away from the music, Primus wouldn't be nearly the same.
Basically, if you want something refreshing, buy this album.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great album. Primus' best. American Life, Jerry Was a Racecar Driver, and Tommy The Cat are must listens.Published 24 days ago by cdelaroacha
This remix version sounds awesome!
Its remixed by Les himself,so i couldn't ask for anything better!
Cool album, it may not be something I listen to daily, but for when I'm in the mood for something different. Les Claypool is certainly unique!Published 1 month ago by Yvonne Dawkins
Primus, the whimsical power trio from San Francisco California, released their second offering (or third if you count the 1989 live album of "Suck On... Read more
Are you kidding me? Les Claypool is a genius-this album just another display of it.
People either GET Primus' music, or they don't. Read more
One of my favorite Primus albums sounds great. I love vinyl
I hope Les reissues Pork Soda & The Brown album on vinyl sooner then later!