- Series: Sailor Moon
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Kodansha Comics; Box edition (October 29, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1612623972
- ISBN-13: 978-1612623979
- Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 4.3 x 7.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (83 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #43,554 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Sailor Moon Box Set 2 (Vol. 7-12) Paperback – October 29, 2013
Comic-Con Deal: Up to 50% off select Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Comic books
Featured titles are up to 50% off for a limited time. See all titles
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Translation: FINALLY! Why did it take until 2013 for a reasonably good translation that stays as true as possible to the original?! There are some parts where the translation reads a little odd, but it makes enough sense. I also really appreciate that the translators wrote Translation Notes for each book, where they explain the different ways they could have translated a word or explain the full meaning of something. Naoko used quite a few puns that only make sense in Japanese, and those puns are explained well (such as Tin Nyanko's entire name being a giant pun.)
Quality: Many people complain that the paper quality is not as good as the individually published books. This is true, but in all honestly, it's not a big deal! The pages are not flimsy, they're just not as strong as the individually published books. Yes, the books are also slightly smaller. If superior quality is what you care about, then buy them individually. If you just want an economical way to buy the entire Sailor Moon manga, then buy this set! The only complaint I have is that there were a few pages where the print job was obviously lacking to some degree, because if you looked really close you could see faint detail that should have come through a lot better.
This version compared to 90's Tokyo Pop/ Mixx Comix translation:
Mixx Westernized the series as much as possible. They took out all the Japanese (even faint Japanese on building signs in the background.Read more ›
1) Reads as an authentic manga, and if you flip back to the back cover, it warns you that you are reading it wrong so that you don't spoil it for yourself!
2) Has all Japanese phonetics like -sama, -chan, etc. These are all explained carefully at the end, and explains why they are used. Very helpful!
3) has previews of the next book IN ENGLISH!!! Once you finish reading, it gives you a preview of the next book and then it has ads at the back of the book.
4) Comes with adorable stickers with chibi versions of the front covers of each book!
5) All the books have special paper in the front with amazing art, and has a table of contents(sometimes a spoiler alert)
1) none, really....
This is a must get series and definitely worth reading! If you haven't bought set 1, then you should. It's a series that you shouldn't read the second set of books until you have finished the first. Other than that, great series and a must have for any Moonie!!
Let me just start by saying the art box encasing the 6 volumes is as very beautifully done as the first set, and the pictures the two form together make me thrilled beyond belief. Honestly, as silly as it sounds, I love how they look sitting side-by-side on my shelf.
As I said before on the previous box set, the manga itself is perhaps the best English version I've encountered to date. None of the names have been translated or Anglicized, and everything stays true to the original feel of the original Japanese manga. The manga still contains its bonus content as well, so absolutely nothing was shortchanged or skimmed in re-releasing these volumes. Of course, the manga art and story are as amazing as they ever were. The paper and books themselves feel like the quality of your average manga, so I don't feel as though anything was cheaply made or shortchanged.
This is the absolute best English version of the manga I've come across so far and I'm thrilled to add it to my library as a now-completed set!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Arrived in excellent condition. Always a great series after all these years. can never go wrong with having a copy of the manga to add to your collection.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Consumer
Following up with my review I did for the first box set for this new Sailor Moon manga. I have the same opinions here. Read morePublished 5 months ago by MaddHoagie
This review may be a little late BUT better late than never! If you have not read the newly re-translated sailor moon manga you are missing out! Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jsa1992