Sailrite Heavy-Duty Ultrafeed® LSZ-1 BASIC Walking Foot Sewing Machine
- Zigzag/straight stitch walking foot sewing machine that easily sews through heavy materials like sailcloth, heavy canvas, denim, and upholstery fabrics (tried and true in up to 10 layers of heavy canvas and 8 layers of Dacron).
- Includes the Power Plus Balance Wheel, which offers twice the power and size of a traditional flywheel.
- The patented Posi-Pin clutching system provides 100% power transfer from the balance wheel to the needle.
- Must-have features include an extra wide presser foot with built-in piping tunnel and a high, 3/8” foot lift. Set the variable stitch length up to 6 mm in straight stitch and up to 5 mm in zigzag width.
- Top-notch customer support from Sailrite with a comprehensive guidebook; Set-up, Use and Maintenance DVD, personalized support and a 2-year limited warranty all included.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Sailrite® Ultrafeed® LSZ-1 BASIC Sewing Machine is a great introductory machine for those interested in sailmaking, marine canvaswork, heavy-duty home sewing or automotive and RV upholstery. The Ultrafeed LSZ-1 was designed to be a sailor’s ideal sewing machine and sews both a straight stitch for canvaswork and a zigzag stitch for sails. The Ultrafeed is built with the toughest most reliable parts and has enough power to sew through even heavy fabric assemblies. In fact, it’s tried and true in up to 10 layers of heavy canvas and 8 layers of Dacron sailcloth. Use that power to sew sailcloth, heavy canvas, denim, light leather, heavy upholstery fabrics and more! The Ultrafeed LSZ-1 Basic Sewing Machine includes the Ultrafeed Wooden Base, Power Plus Balance Wheel, EZ Set Stitch Length Plate, electronic foot control, thread stand, sewing machine oil, 4 bobbins, 4 #20 needles, tool kit, guidebook, and Ultrafeed Set-up, Use & Maintenance DVD. 2-Year Limited Warranty. Patents #7438009, #6599415.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've found the customer support among the best I've ever dealt with. These people are very friendly and knowledgable and a pleasure to deal with. I haven't required any warranty or replacement stuff, just me asking questions and them (Eric, in this case) patiently answering. Customer service like that creates very loyal customers.
The machine (LSZ-1) works as advertised. What I noticed first upon unpacking it was the weight, between 48-56 pounds! No worries about this thing walking. Closer examination reveals the quality of the build. Basically it's chunk of steel hollowed out to contain the components that make it a sewing machine. This is one tough little unit.
The housing has a baked-on finish sealing the steel, both inside and out. The only plastic on the machine I've found are the knobs and oversized balance wheel. The "kickstand" is a $25. option that's well worth having. It attaches to the rear of the stand and prevents the machine from flipping over when you tilt back the head. Obviously you can simply hold onto the head to prevent flipping, but the kickstand makes it more convenient.
The instructional videos on the included DVD are first rate; well put together and easy to follow. The Plus comes with a mag-mount Flex20 LED light that is very handy. Lots of light and a flexible neck that puts it where you want it. I'm buying a couple more for other applications.
Anyway I'm very pleased with this purchase. I've made a few of the projects Don Casey illustrated in his books and have started working on new cushions and covers throughout the boat. It's a good feeling to be making my own stuff. Granted, it'll be a long time until I'm skilled enough to take on a dodger project but in the meantime I'm having fun and saving money besides.
I definately recommend this machine!
with something that matches the overall quality of the rest of your machine, example: the label for stitch length adjustment
has lifted and sometimes shifts, no doubt because my hand must be rubbing against it as I make adjustments.
One of these days I'll try and paint something on with model paint. That said, the machine has yet to let me down
when it comes to the raw muscle necessary to sew what causes my other machines to stall.
1. Super heavy duty... Finally a machine I can't break. I tried, it won!
2. I've sewn everything. Shirts to several layers of canvas. Once the TENSION is set correctly, go go go.
3. This thing is HEAVY. Case, monster wheel... probably 35LBS
4. Easy to maintain. What ever needs to be adjusted is shown on videos on DVD that came with it. Oil and change the needle after every project and it is ready to go.
5. I did have to get a little 2-wheeled cart to move it around, and a small tool box for the other things one accumulates for these activities.
6. Pay close attention to threading and bobbin winding/loading. Especially threading. Sew something frivolous, change needles, thread, bobbins, adjust tension and then watch the videos again. I missed a couple of steps.
Walking feet machines take some getting use-to, but after that... I almost use it for everything. NOT I still like my pink singer 9985 better, but only because it has the auto-threader.
Most recent customer reviews
Great online videos and instructional CD...Read more