Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on June 11, 2014
I bought this machine to sew leather (along with a leather foot and leather needles from Sailrite), and it works perfectly for me. I love that they include an instructional DVD, which explains everything about the machine. This machine will sew whatever fits under the foot without issue.
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 24, 2016
I love this machine!!! Currently I'm using it for my upholstery business. Mostly all metal, heavy, sturdy, and it really sews multiple layers of thick fabric with no troubles. The machine comes with a guide book, how to set up, thread, etc. Plus it also comes with a DVD that goes through setup and operation, maintenance, and sewing tips. The only bad thing I would have to say is it was difficult to sew piping with the foot that comes with the machine. I've since ordered a piping and zipper foot from their website and waiting for those to arrive. I'm sure I won't have any problems once I have those attatchments. Another thing to note on this LS1, it doesn't have a stich length adjustment. But I'm fine with that. The stiches are even and beautiful with seams that are stable and sturdy.
Also to note I did have some questions about tension adjustment, they cover a segment in their DVD, but you will need different needles and thread weights depending upon the weight of fabric you are using. I emailed them, about this subject and got an answer the same day. In my opinion this machine is more than worth the money if you are looking for a heavy duty machine that can sew through heavy and lightweight fabrics. My new best friend!
11 comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 19, 2016
Been so happy with this machine , it works better than i expected to be. Using it to sew leather and wow! not kidding when then say you can sew multiple layers , makes the job much easier. Love that it came with a cd for instructions that is easy to follow the setup and use of machine plus other accessories . Only thing I disliked is that if you want to buy other accessories for the machine they are expensive , seriously $32 bucks for a machine foot is kinda overpriced.Tried looking for a cheaper alternative but the foot is not the same as most industrial machines so had to buy from their webpage.
on July 3, 2016
What a great machine. Use it for upholstering, mostly old cars. Did order the heavy duty wheel which gives better control with the speed. Very nicely built.
on October 16, 2016
This was purchased as a gift for my sister and she loves it! She struggled for years trying to sew leather and can't believe how well this does the job.
on March 27, 2015
This machine is amazing strong beautiful so happy we got it we live on 38' yacht my husband doing out boat with full enclosure love this store
on March 2, 2015
This is a great work horse of a machine, the detailed instructions and diagrams make it easy to understand and work on.
on February 24, 2016
This is a piece of goods! Very well built and packaged. It was just too heavy for me to lift as a "portable "
sewing machine so I had to send it back. I never would have if I was ten years younger though!
on August 1, 2016
I love this machine it does everything they said it would
on January 18, 2017
I do leather work and needed a sewing machine to sew holsters and belts. I called the seller and explained to them what I needed a machine for and what I wanted it to do. I was told this machine would do what I needed. when I got the machine I called the seller after I could not get to use the thread in was using. The service person directed me through a modification that he said would get it to work for me. It did not work so I ended up shipping the machine back at my expense over $100.00 . when I got it back they then said it just was not going to sew with the thread I needed to use , I had bought a machine that did just fine and found I could use the lighter machine for other things. When I got the machine back it worked for about 15 min and then stopped sewing. I called the seller and they said all they would do is to check it out if I played to ship it to them. after that they would not even answer my calls.
33 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse