About the Product
- Over 40 story missions with additional bonus missions take place in a transformed Stilwater that is over 50% larger than before.
- Limitless Customization - Play as fully customizable characters that are male, female or something in between. Cribs, vehicles and even gangs all have customization options.
- Multiplayer - Co-op full story campaign has seamless integration (for example one player drives while the other shoots).
- Competitive multiplayer pushes the boundaries of immersion in a living Stillwater environment fully populated with police, innocent bystanders and rival gangs.
- Planes, helicopters, motorcycles, boats and cars can be piloted and used as weapons. On the ground new combat options include melee, fine aim, and human shield
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Five years have passed since your former Saints crew betrayed you. As you awake from a coma for the first time since that fateful day, you find the Stilwater you once ruled is in disarray. Unfamiliar gangs have laid claim to your territory, rival factions have taken over your rackets, and cash-hungry corporations have laid waste to your once proud 3rd Street home. Abandoned and left scarred with an unrecognizable face, you seek out a plastic surgeon to begin your new life on the streets. Yet some things never change in Stilwater. Respect can only be earned and that requires a lifestyle that reflects your unique personality. Your crib, your crew, and your character define who you are on the streets and how you are perceived. The image you portray is as important as the decisions you make in a city ruled by false bravado and impulsive behavior. The only constant is the need for an identity that reflects your individuality. But style and image can only take you so far in a world where actions speak louder than words. Sometimes sending a message to your enemies requires heavy lifting, like that of a rival gang member into oncoming traffic. Respect in Stilwater needs to be taken, and what better way than to grab it from the hands of a gang full of enemies by means of a satchel charge, a flame-thrower or those minigun rounds you've been saving for a special occasion. Meet Your Homies
But remember that the fight to reclaim Stilwater does not have to be waged alone. The Saints once ruled these streets as a crew of brothers, and their return to the top can help be secured through co-operative alliances. The time has finally come to seek revenge against your rivals to reestablish your crew as the rightful kings of Stilwater, but the streets are crawling with bangers. Check out the crews you'll run into and remember their faces and their ways:
|3rd Street Saints |
Once the kings of the city, the Saints have been forced out of their titular home of Saints Row by the Ultor Corporation, a giant conglomerate that gentrified the once poor neighborhood. Now operating out of an abandoned underground hotel, the Saints are looking to reclaim the glory that they lost several years ago.
One of the newest gangs instilling fear in Stilwater, the Ronin recruit from both the city's Asian population as well as among the immigrants. Their crimes involve peddling vice through gambling, prostitution, street-racing, and protection rackets, and their power has reached even into the boardroom of corporations like Ultor.
|Sons of Samedi |
Influenced by Voodoo and a history of military corruption in Haiti, the Sons of Samedi are known for their potent combination of spiritualism and fearlessness. Members are attracted to the gang out of respect for their methods, through coercion or a desire for easy income generated through trade in their designer drug called "Loa Dust."
Formed from the cast-outs and dredges of Stilwater society, the Brotherhood is a solid force of strength and intimidation intent on revenging itself upon the police and city. Specializing in violent extortion, they forego subtlety and nuance and simply take what they want, all the while flashing their allegiance with piercings and tattoos, bright colors, and gas-guzzling trucks.
|Ultor Corporation |
A ruthless corporate contender, the Ultor Corporation's gentrification of Saints Row created a new skyline for the city and a headquarters for their corporate office at the expense of the poor and the 3rd Street Saints. Now they're targeting another neighborhood, the Shivington projects, fueling gang wars and waiting for the prime moment to move in and reap the profits.
- Freedom to Explore Through Open World Gameplay - Balancing story progression with all the time-wasting mayhem imaginable, Saints Row 2 contains more activities, diversions, races, cribs, city districts, and interiors than ever before.
- Extensive Mission Play - Over 40 story missions with additional bonus missions take place in a transformed Stilwater that is over 50% larger than before.
- Limitless Customization - Saints Row 2 allows you to customize everything connected to what you wear, drive and where you live as well as gives you access to countless character combinations from facial expression, body type, voice, taunts, gender to walking style. In addition, players can customize gangs various and extreme physical looks (some pretty crazy), fighting styles, gang taunts and tags and vehicle preferences.
- Improved Combat Functionality - In addition to the usual run, jump, punch, drive, stab, shoot model of combat, Saints Row 2 allows you to take human shields and exact finishing moves if you choose, but beware. How you commit crimes affects your notoriety, which determines the response of police.
- Expanded Multiplayer options - Along with a compelling singleplayer mode, enjoy a variety of multiplayer play options including:
- Strong Arm: A team-based multiplayer mode batching together prominent activities from the singleplayer campaign into one series of timed events, with the goal to earn the most cash as a team at the end of the events.
- Gangsta Brawl: A standard deathmatch mode with the single player with the most kills winning.
- Team Gangsta Brawl: A standard team deathmatch mode with the team with the most kills winning.
- Co-Op Mode: Full drop in/drop out coop support and ability to play through the full single player campaign with buddies and with the ability to set online co-op games to public, friends-only or invite-only status.
- Lots of Wieldable Weapons - Whether you talking chairs, parking meters, street signs, newspaper dispensers or your neighbor's garden gnome, use whatever is on hand to take out an enemy.
- An Explosive Weapon Arsenal - When a melee weapon just won't do, send a message to your enemies by dipping into an arsenal that includes: rocket launchers, shock-paddles, stun-guns, satchel-charges, mini-guns, uzis, automatic shotguns and flame-throwers; Some of which can be duel wielded.
- A Vehicle for Every Surface - Put the pedal to the metal in a large selection of cars, motorcycles, ATVs, planes, watercraft and helicopters.
- All New Music - Saints Row 2 will feature an entirely new soundtrack of songs and the ability to create a custom in-game radio station, accessible from any vehicle by building a playlist of songs purchased in-game, with in-game money.
Top Customer Reviews
Fortunately, if you have a BA computer and install Gentlemen of the Row mod (google it) then the game should run pretty smooth. I was the lucky few who happen to have 3.2 GHz computer (AMD Phenom II X4 BE), and the game runs smooth as butter.
So before you buy make sure you have a beefy processor and install the Gentlemen of the Row mod. These two things should let you play the game, or you could just wait till SR3 comes out, which is not a crappy port by a crappy company.
Just FYI my specs:
3.2 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 BE
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Driving was a little challenging at first and never got as comfortable using a PC as the driving on GTA 4. As for the complaints about performance, it could be that when the game first came out in 2009, it was a little ahead of the hardware requirement curve which was problematic for some people. I am using an i7 quad core laptop with Windows 7 so I never experienced any problems with frame rates or delays of any kind, even when driving the fastest cars.
As I noted, it was probably as fun as GTA 4 but in different ways. I believe that if they get the graphics and physics improved for their next game due out this year, it'll be even better. I would highly recommend this game though, once you figure out how to deal with driving using a pc (I suspect its a lot easier when you use a console) due to the turn sensitivity (its hard to drive straight), the rest is a great bit of fun.
Funny minigames, adding humour and wackiness works well in a "straight man" world.
Lots of guns, big map
Lots of vehicles
Yawn-worthy storyline, you gotta get your gang back together, blah, blah, blah.
Muddy graphics trying to look "realistic"
The "funny" comments can grate since they are repeated hundreds of times, or they are just not funny in any way.
To much of the same thing going on, I.E. there's about 30 or so "steal the car missions" that you have to complete to 100% the game.
Just boring all around. The city looks the same with a couple of unique areas.
Don't waste your money. There are infinitely better games, that are more fun, more challenging, more colorful, and just all around spectacular. Just cause 2 immediately comes to mind, pick that up instead of this crummy game.
I understand some people have some displeasure with it being on steam, but I have had steam for a LONG TIME! Since then I went through 3 PC builds and I had to reformat my PC at least half a dozen times due to upgrades and virus infections - and each time through steam I would download and re-install my games with no issues. I like it because I already lost some hard copies (DVD) of my games, but I know I can download and install them again through steam...
UPDATE 4-09-2012: I just finished the game... I personally thought the storyline was great! The controls and driving and flying were good after you get used to it - I only use keyboard and mouse at default settings...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
But it's that kind of game, much like the pc port of Dark Souls, where I'm willing to overlook the port issues with it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Alexander Tosspot
It didn't work the plastic was ripped and it was already scratchedPublished 6 months ago by ldjskha
I downloaded the game then went to play it and it doesn't work I have windows 10 so it should work I uninstalled it and downloaded it from steam but it still doesn't work does... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Angela Yanez