Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 136 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 151 reviews
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on March 16, 2014
1 year later and this unit fell apart. The multi function switch has seized and it does not hold up well to any type of modifications, i.e. removing from case to place into a custom cockpit panel. I had to resolder the led panel twice. Also the drivers are inefficient. You have to look to open source to get unit to run smoothly.

Bottom line: Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel is just a toy.
If you are looking for a cheaply built, poorly designed unit, then by all means buy this, but if you are looking for a quality product look elsewhere. Quality this is not!

I would not recommend this product.
on March 2, 2017
This is great but doesn't work with Windows 10. I contact to Saitek, NO HELP what so ever. I purchased few other Pro Flight panels, and the yoke, they don't work. I am surprised because Saitek products I use usually works very well, but these devices are not good at all. Their support creates a ticket and then ask you to go online and try to find solution from previously asked help section. No help, and than they go ahead and clear the support tickets as they say they fixed it, which is a lie!!! I call them again and asked the re-open the ticket and still no news....... It has been more than a year though. I spent almost more than a $1000 for this products that are not working.... I am very disappointed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2009
The item is well built and easily configures FlightSim X to utilize it via an included utility. Another utility that does full functional test of LED, displays and switch position is useful for testing panel separately from FlightSim X. This eliminates the complication of trusting flight simulator to be communicating properly with the panel.
Pros - adds nice realism to flight simulator x and easy to setup

Cons - a little pricey, and cannot utilize the built-in powered USB hub in the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke. Causes hub exceeded power message. Finally had to connect the multipanel directly to computer USB port. This is also true for the Saitek Radio panel. Only the Saitek switch panel can be connected directly to the yoke without exceeding hub power. Seems Saitek should have engineered a better solution, providing more hub power or bundling a powered hub of sufficient capacity.
44 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2015
I bought this to use with Flight Simulator X ver 10. This Saitek Panel has driver problems. The Saitek drivers that come with it and the updated one on the Saitek web site do not work. The best drivers are on the FSX Forum. Tere are two layers of drivers, on layer is the Saitek panel talking to MS Windows and then there is another layer talking from Windows to FSX and finally to the processor inside the Saitk Panel.

The processor inside the Saitek Panel is very sensitive to the voltage on the USB .. so much so that it is useful to use a powered hub or directly power the Saitek Panel. Try the "Plugable USB 2.0 10-Port High Speed Hub" The Saitek yoke has a built in USB hub, but only 3 ports which is not nearly enough! Watch the the Saitek Panel internal processor wakes up and provides a sensible display, if it is all messed up then the processor did not have enough voltage to initialize properly.

Also the "two position" knob is a fake! On a real auto pilot it would be units and hundreds .. This knob is only hundreds

Best to plug in all the Saitek Panels and their USB power before turning on your computer, this helps BIOS and Windows find the USB devices.

Expect extra work with any Saitek Panel and FSX.

But to my knowledge .. there is nothing better!

Joe
on July 28, 2014
This is almost essential for any flight simulator. looking around for your hotkeys just to simply turn a light on doesn't give you the full experience, but now you can. The drivers were simple to install, if you want to use the ones Saitek provides, and it even has realtime lights for the gear movement. something as little as that makes it perfect for a small simmer. My only complaint is it doesn't have a switch for carb heat, which of course isn't usually a switch, but neither is cowling.
on September 18, 2014
I bought this multipanel as part of a complete simulator build that I have been assembling for my son, and who is studying & training to be a pilot. The panel works great and is pretty much a must have add on accessory for a simulator build. Note that when using this panel with X-plane 10, you have to download special drivers from x-plane.org (also stated on other reviews here). Additionally, I also noticed the Saitek website has links directing driver downloads to x-plane.org now.

I have tested this with both Windows 7, and recently with Windows 8. With Windows 8, the USB power-management feature kept the panel from loading properly, but fortunately, the user community/forum at the x-plane.org covers a work-around for this. I recommend following this forum to keep up to date on xplane simulator topics in general. Also (with both Win7 & 8) , be sure to have a separate powered USB hub if connecting multiple devices, as the USB bus power from a PC may not provide sufficient capacity.

I did have a problem with the mode knob that selects the CRS, HDG, IAS, VS and ALT functions after about 6 months of use. Here, the knob stuck which is also a known issue in the reviews. In my case I sent it in for repair (still under warranty) by submitting a repair ticket at http://support.madcatz.com The support was great and they simply shipped me out a new panel no questions asked/no charge after they received mine back - took about 2 weeks. Don't know if the switch was improved or not though. Time will tell here.

Lastly, although the multi-panel includes the auto-pilot functions, it still may be a good idea to learn the auto-pilot controls in the software as well (i.e the actual cockpit instruments for the plane) as those can be quite different, and in most cases, closer to the actual airplane being simulated.

Hope this review helps.
on March 15, 2015
Overall this is a very cool product. I love the idea of being able to bring the elements of the simulation into real life and having a physical thing to change. I use mine (along with the Saitek yoke, throttle and pedals) in Prepar3d. It's well built and works great, however every plane I enjoy flying in Prepar3d (PMDG, Aerosoft, etc.) does not work with the product. I am working on solutions but may return the item if I cannot get them working correctly with the planes I fly. There's really no point in having it if it doesn't work with any plane I like flying. If you stick to standard FSX or P3d planes, this product is for you. If you have added aircraft (especially more realistic ones like PMDG) this may not be the product for you.
on January 7, 2014
I'm currently building up my simulation set after receiving the Saitek yoke, so the first bit I bought was the Multi Panel. When it came in the mail I was excited, and immediately hooked it up to my PC, fired up Flight Simulator X, aaaaaaaaaaaaand my heart sunk. The panel didn't work. :( Now I wasn't gonna let 120 bucks go right out the window, so I did some research, and turns out because I have Win8.1, it was a common problem. So I tinkered with the power management for the multipanel (as recommended by Microsoft) and then it started up like a charm and got me from Orlando to Houston in a Learjet 45. The device, minus Win8.1's problem, works wonderfully and I'm happy I bought this product. Just remember 8 and 8.1 users, there's a little extra you have to do to make it work.

UPDATE: I now have to plug in the multipanel after startup of flight sim. Possibly the cause of a Win8.1 update, but use has not been effected. Plugging it In before startup will cause performance issues with the panel, but other than that, no other issues. Still using it happily, just can't wait to build up my gaming PC with Win7. Saitek needs to make a Win8.1 driver. :P
on June 14, 2015
I rated a three (3) because they work. I'm running a MAC Computer for X-plane 10 and purchased a Microsoft PC to run Saitek equipment slaved from my MAC as the Master Machine. I'm running a remote system in the field so that I don't loose piloting/navigation proficiency while away from my professional flight sim at base. Normally I use the GO Pro line for instrumentation. Unlike the GO Pro line, these feel toy-like in comparison... but as mentioned... "They Work." Price is just a tab bit high for this module and I wish that Saitek supported OSX (MAC) platforms direct for all their equipment... so that I don't have to run a separate PC (Microsoft) Platform to operate some of the Saitek equipment. With a third party plug in, this particular module will work with the MAC Platform. However, not "ALL" the Saitek equipment have third party plug ins available (For Example: the Saitek FIP).
on June 5, 2014
If you're looking for a simple autopilot controller for Flight Simulator, look no further. The Multi Panel handles all the default aircraft and many payware planes too (those that don't implement their own autopilot code, that is). Add the fantastic SPAD alternative drivers and it works with any plane that can be driven via FSUIPC.

The trim control is useless for me, but I can see how it would be handy if you had this installed in a Cessna-style panel. The flaps switch is handy, and the A/T switch is downright essential.

My only real criticisms are stylistic. I'm not a fan of the way Saitek has labelled the panel, I definitely don't care for the silver plastic knobs (those will be replaced on mine), and I'd far rather have had a white or blue LED display over the red. But these are cosmetic issues.

The unit integrates with other Saitek panels if you have them, and can be mounted on top of the Saitek yoke if you have that. Alternatively, it's easy to fix the panel to a desktop, or into your own main panel.

Frankly, the only real drawback with this thing is that it's almost never available in the UK where I live. I ordered from Amazon US in desperation, but in actual fact, even including the international shipping, it was cheaper and quicker to do it this way than to track one down somewhere in the UK. Thumbs up to Amazon US for that!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.