Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning branding branding branding  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on March 22, 2014
This spiralizer is useless. It has plastic teeth that do not effectively bite into the vegetable causing it to repeatedly fall over instead of being sliced. Since I already have another spiralizer with metal teeth, I am well aware of how saladacco spiralizers work. I love my old one so much I wanted to buy one for my daughter. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my old model offered on Amazon this time so I ordered this one. I have discovered that my old model is much, much better than this useless one. Besides ineffectlively spiralizing vegetables, the lid is difficult to lock onto the base and the main center bar arrived oxidized. However, none of this was discovered until the slicer was given as a gift and the box opened to try it out. By that time, the return period had expired. Rest assured I won't make these mistakes again, and I would strongly suggest to others to purchase a different model.
on February 19, 2011
The slicer I received is not the one advertised and can not julienne or cube vegetables like the pictures show. It's blade to create strands is also made out of plastic rather than metal.

I would find another place to buy it to make sure you get the real one not the imitation.
on March 30, 2011
For me with this particular item I would have loved to have seen a video for instructions, I haven't given up on the product as I'm sure it creates wonderful spirals but I'm having problems with the written instructions. A video always helps these days!
on December 26, 2011
It said it makes spiral strands, ribbons or thin slices from hard vegetables. I had not luck when I tried to slice a beet for salad. I have not tried other vegetables on the saladacco spiral slicer garnishing machine this is why gave it a 3 start instead of lower.
on July 31, 2012
I bought this as a spiralizer and an "angel hair" maker for zucchini, carrots, cucumbers and beets. I expected all steel blades--even the box says steel blades-- but only the spiralizer (not the jullienne) blade is steel. Also, a blade for dicing, shown in the illustration, is missing. However, the spiralizer works well; the julienne blade is adequate for zucchini and cucumbers -- I haven't tried it for beets yet. I just wish both blades were steel as described.
on August 3, 2013
A little tricky to operate. I expected something a little easier to use. I tried a cucumber and potato and did not reach the desired result with either. The spirals came out a little better than the "noodles". I did not get the long, continuous strand I desired. I got a lot of broken, mushy pieces. I am still learning and working with this. Had I read the reviews prior to purchase, I probably would not have bought. I haven't given up yet and I am going to attempt making a long strand of "noodles" with hard root vegetables.
on July 15, 2012
I was disappointed but then realized that there is little else available and all of them (event the more expensive ones) yield the same results. (Purchase with a roll of paper towels to drain your spiral cut veggies.)
on November 2, 2012
Messy! Does not work with carrots I was only able to slice zucchini and it took long. Not worth it
on June 24, 2016
I should've contacted the seller for a replacement, but waited too long. The small part that toggles between slicing and spiralizing was stuck. Seemed like it was glued in place as I wasn't able to adjust it to get it to do the spirals. I kept trying to move it with the tiny lever at the end, but then it just broke. Very disappointed.
on July 31, 2014
A vegetable peeler and a hand held julian blade work better than the Saladacco Spiral Slicer/Garnishing Machine. And are less expensive.

Picture diagram on side of box made assembly easy. No other instructions provided. Vegetables tried were firm not soft, carrots, zuchinnis, cucumbers.

Disappointed with tools performance. Spiral blade was plastic not steel. Manually flipping the spiral blad up was difficult. Product required specific lengths to "work" but that length was not provided. Turning the vegetables grooved them like an old record, it did not spiral cut. Tried turning both directions produced the same disappointing results. Centering peg on cutting disk was insufficient to stake vegetables top and bottom. Once centered applying pressure while turning caused vegetables to bend, break or dislodge and had to be recentered both top and bottom. Ribbon blade was steel but also would not perform as expected. It made small choppy chunks not ribbons.