Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 25, 2016
 Please see my video to see it up close!

Works very well, is powerful, and YES!!! Your really can use it with any brand of polish. I typically use it with gelish. The accessories that come with such as the acetone and alcohol wipes are a nice touch, but it you're going to do your nails regularly, there is no need whatsoever to buy these from the Sally Hansen line as any cheap bottle of rubbing alcohol and acetone would be fine.

I really, really like this except for two little things-

1- The plug is weird...it's a European plug, but comes with an American type adapter. It's not a big deal, because it works either way, but it's definitely something to be aware of.

2- The size and shape are a little awkward for curing your thumbs at the same time as your fingers. It's doable, just awkward. Although, if it were any bigger, it would likely be baking your entire hand and costing twice as much, so again, not a huge deal.

I would definitely recommend this item to a friend and think it's a really good value. I would have given this five stars had it not been for the wonky plug. I use this very often and it's an easy and economical way to make my nails look great. You can expect the provided colors to last about a week/maybe a week and a half withe normal wear and tear, and my luck with other brands of gel while using this light has been comparable to salon results, or about two weeks give or take.

If this video is helpful to you, please mark this review as helpful. I really appreciate it! Thanks! :)
11 comment| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 1, 2016
I bought this mainly because of the lamp. I have bought other lamps that failed to work properly. They would either stop working shortly after using them or just would not cure the gel polish. I ended up seeing a sally Hansen mini lamp (the smaller one to this) at my dollar store and decided to buy it since it was only a buck. The best dollar I have spent. That little thing is amazing, so when I saw that this whole set for 22 dollars I grabbed it so fast. Kind of tedious doing each nail one by one with the mini lamp. This set is amazing. The top and base coat really does what it says. I have not used the color that came with it (wine not), not my favorite color, but again, I bought this only for the lamp. I use this top and base coat and the lamp with gelish brand polish and I get amazing results. super shiny dried nails. I would definitely recommend this.
on February 7, 2016
Not satisfied. Tried twice and it chips on the FIRST day. I've even bought more of a different color. Tried it thin( looks streaky) and more heavier and it takes forever to dry and keeps sticky for a couple of hours. I try double light. Does anyone know any home polish that holds up for even 3 days.
on January 2, 2015
Nails come out looking gorgeous but I have to place them under the light about 6 times per layer. Even after I'm completely done it feels gooey so I just go to bed and in the morning they are all set. Lasts longer than any store bought nail polish I have tried. Peels off easily when you are ready to take it off. Very shiny and smooth; I get lots of compliments on them. My sister in law got the same one and she said she only has to do the light once so I'm not sure if mine is defective or its just my nails (I layer it on thin).
on July 21, 2016
First time doing my own Gel manicure and I still have some techniques to learn; however, this product is amazing! I am horrible on nails...constant keyboarding, using my nails as tools, etc. and this product has certainly lived up to the hype! 1 week into my manicure and the Gel polish hardly shows any wear. LOVE IT!! Would highly recommend it!
on September 9, 2013
I like Sally Hansen products, and this Starter Kit had decent reviews. I read them all before I purchased it, but I followed the directions perfectly, but the polish was peeling off within 2 days! The little included light that "cures" the polish does a terrible job -- it's cheap, and not really easy to use. The brushes in the bottles are terrible for applying the base, polish and top coats. Don't waste your time or your money, this DOES NOT WORK! And normally, Amazon takes everything back on products that you're not happy with. But in this case, SURPRISE, they say because the Kit has flammable items in, that it can't be returned for credit. They suggest throwing it away instead. NOT HAPPY about this purchase!
on June 6, 2013
I love gorgeous gel nails, but hate going to the nail salon to get them done. If you know how to paint your own nails, this is a god send! Works great not to mention you will save $$. Don't be afraid to cure your nails an additional 30 secs after applying the first and second color coat. After nearly 2 weeks my nails are still nice. Usually when I have traditional nail polish on, my nails will look like hell after 4-5 days. Not anymore. I love this product. Thank you Sally Hansen!
on August 17, 2014
I was skeptical, but decided to give this product a try. I am not one for painting my nails because they are messed up 5 minutes after I've finished them. This kit is AWESOME. 5 minutes after finishing my manicure I was in the basement rearranging furniture- not so much as a smudge! I'm in love. Granted, it's gel and therefore not good to keep on your nails constantly. But to have a salon quality manicure without having to pay $40 EACH time... this setup is WELL worth it!!! Plus, if you have a few friends that have them too- share the nail polish colors and you're all set!!!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 6, 2015
I like it. I'm still getting used to it and trying to do "thin" layers as instructed. It's fabulous for a quick nail treatment. No setting a salon time and having to wait forever. It's even more convenient than regular polish due to the fast setting time. And it does help the nails as it's no chip. I have been using a different color that did not come with the kit. No problems.
on May 24, 2016
Absolutely wonderful product. I have used it multiple times with the gel nail polish it comes with and some I have bought separately. If you are a first time UV nail kit buyer, I recommend this one.
PROS: Comes with everything you would possibly need for at least the first 5 times; works just as quickly as the nail salon.
CONS: You can fit four fingers in it at a time if you have larger hands; once you turn on the light, you have to wait for it to turn off or unplug it, you cannot use the button to turn off.

Do keep in mind that the sticky the nail polish produces is normal, just wipe generously with alcohol wipes/rubbing alcohol and it should turn out better.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.