- 100% Synthetic
- Rubber sole
- ALL-TERRAIN ADVENTURE: Featuring a protective toe cap, wet traction grip, 3D advanced chassis for stability, & waterproof lining the XA Pro 3D ClimaSalomon WP is a shoe that lets you play long & hard on any terrain.
- NO SUCH THING AS BAD WEATHER: With an aggressive grip, stability, & protection the iconic Salomon XA Pro 3D line of shoes is perfect for hiking, backpacking, or trail running on every type of terrain.
- GO THE DISTANCE: Whether you love daily road running in your neighborhood, an escape to a local trail, or something more rugged, Salomon makes shoes that ensure you have a smooth ride on any & all terrain.
- TIME TO PLAY: Whether you are into trail running, hiking, backpacking, or mountaineering, Salomon has shoes & gear for kids, men & women to help you conquer a new distance, personal record, or event!
- SINCE 1947 Salomon has used our passion for outdoor sports & innovation to create progressive gear. Our road & trail running shoes, hiking sneakers, boots, & water shoes help make any path your own.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The proven, all-weather adventure shoe with climashield™ waterproof delivers an incredible fit, durability, and a grip that inspires confidence.
Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern alpinism. Driven by a passion for skiing and design innovation, Francois Salomon and his son George designed and perfected much of the first modern ski equipment. During the following 60 years, Salomon's commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in boots, skis and apparel and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for hiking, adventure racing, mountaineering and trail running. Through performance-driven design, Salomon enhances mountain sports by converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 14 x 9 x 4 inches; 1.1 Pounds
- Item model number : L39333300
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : November 14, 2016
- Manufacturer : Salomon
- ASIN : B01HD6T298
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The waterproofing is too hot for my feet in my temperate climate (Santa Barbara, CA) of 70F-80F on average. I put them on for maybe 1.5 hours and my feet felt too hot. My feet never have issues with sweating or anything, but they just felt too insulated.
2. The crinkly noise doesn't bother me, in fact I didn't notice it until I read about it in the reviews. But it is definitely there, I can flex my toes and hear and feel the plastic crinkle. nbd to me.
3. I didn't see any other reviews that mention this, but there is a scooped out part so your ankle bone (that big round knob) doesn't rub. But on these shoes, it feels like that scooped out part is too far back and my ankle bone is rubbing on the front. I've never had this issue with any other shoe or even boots that go over the ankle. I am going to hope this will go away after a breaking in period. (I'll put in a pic to show the ankle bone thing)
4. Heel feels loose. Like it lifts out of the back and the shoe doesn't come up with the heel at first. Maybe since they are new/stiff? Idk if this would change over time but it doesn't feel like it. Not a major big deal but less than ideal. The shoe fits nice and snug everywhere else and I wouldn't want a smaller size.
Okay, that's it for the cons, now to PROs:
1. Nice build: Looks great, feels real snug w/ the lacing system which is fast and secure. I usually don't bother to untie my shoes since it takes extra time, so I usually wear them loose and slip them on and off, but with these it's so fast it's no problem. Also just feels like a real solid shoe, well insulated and built tough. (this could be a bonus for anyone wearing them in cold weather, but it rarely drops below 50F here, even in the winter.) Good support. Bottom tread feels grippy and looks like it will last.
2. Price isn't bad ($100) for a quality shoe, esp when lots of others are in the $150-$250 range these days. I think this is the logical shoe to get if you are stepping up out of the $40-$60 shoe bracket or down from the aforementioned.
3. Product support by Salomon is repair/replace for first 400 miles, or so I've been told. Plus Amazon has a great return policy, which I am going to utilize now to trade these in and get a NON- waterproof/GTX/Gortex pair in hopes they will be cooler (temperature wise)
I hope this review helps you get the right shoe for you. If you have a question I will try to answer it. :D gl
Oh yeah, SIZING: I normally wear a men's 11 (I am male); I ordered a men's 11 and it feels just right, with just a little bit of extra room in the toe. I would not want smaller or larger.
First I must preface that I normally wear a size 11 but based on previous reviewers I ordered a half size larger than normal. The 11.5 was a great choice. When I initially tried them on I was a bit nervous due to a slight gap between my toes and the front of the shoe (maybe MAYBE 2 cm) but I was able to try the shoes (size 11) on in REI about a week after purchasing and I absolutely made the right decision.
My two favorite things about these shoes are the drawstring laces and the waterproofing.
The laces are incredibly easy, quick and durable. I think half the reason I wear these everyday is because they’re so easy to put on.
For the past two weeks I’ve been wearing these in the snow and they are great. It is a goretex waterproofing so it’s extremely durable. My feet have stayed warm and dry the entire time. I am slightly concerned for the summer with breathability but I love them so much I’m considering purchasing a second pair that isn’t waterproof for then.
Overall I would completely recommend these to anybody with an active outdoor lifestyle. I’ve put these shoes through the ringer and still look as good as they day I got them.
(PSA- if you are purchasing these for use on set, I would recommend wearing them for a bit beforehand. The material is pretty loud when initially wearing them but after about two weeks they broke in.)
So, I just spent the day wearing my brand new Salomon XA Pro 3D CS (ClimaShield) kicks at the range on a beautiful 80 degree day. They made my feet so hot that it was all I could do to NOT think about hot hot and sweaty my feet were all day. Granted, they were designed specifically for running through wet train conditions and I'm sure they'll work just fine on your random jaunt through a Scottish fell. However, you would think that there would be a little crossover functionality for normal-people use. These shoes offer ZERO breathability. For this reason, I have legit reservations from a safety perspective about wearing these shoes outside during cold or even mildly cold conditions. I am absolutely certain that the CS material/treatment will inhibit moisture transfer away from the feet (wet feet = cold feet = trouble). If you do purchase these shoes, I strongly suggest that you stick to decent wool or poly-wool blend socks and avoid cotton like the plague (or my Mother-in-Law).
Bottom Line On Bottom (BLOB):
I love the feel and design of the XA Pro line but I should have shelled out the extra few bucks and purchased the GTX (Goretex) version.