|Brand Size||US||UK||Heel to toe|
- Rubber sole
- The ever popular X ULTRA 3 WIDE GTX offers the lightweight precision and foothold you need for technical ascents and descents, with a wider fit. Utilizing Descent Control Technology, this shoe hugs your feet comfortably for more confidence to attack the downhill's.
- A refined last works with the reinforced top arm of the sensifit, holding your foot comfortably in place, especially moving downhill. The Advanced Chassis helps stabilize your heel, and it's surrounded by generous cushioning for maximum comfort on the trail.
- Go The Distance: Whether you love road running in your neighborhood, an escape to a local trail, or something more rugged, Salomon makes shoes that ensure you have a smooth ride on any and all terrain
- Time To Play: Whether you are into trail running, hiking, backpacking, or mountaineering, Salomon has shoes and gear for kids, men and women to help you conquer a new distance, personal record, or event
- Since 1947 Salomon has created innovative outdoor sports gear. From running and hiking to backpacking, skiing and more, our shoes, boots, bags, apparel and accessories help make any path your own
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The ever popular X ULTRA 3 WIDE GTX offers the lightweight precision and foothold you need for technical ascents and descents, with a wider fit. Utilizing Descent Control Technology, this shoe hugs your feet comfortably for more confidence to attack the downhill's.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 12.68 x 8.66 x 4.37 inches; 14 Ounces
- Item model number : L40659600
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : May 9, 2018
- Manufacturer : Salomon
- ASIN : B07CYYJQL9
- Best Sellers Rank: #101,475 in Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Changing my original 2 stars to 4.
I exchanged the shoes for half size larger and it made all the difference. They are just wider enough to eliminate the uncomfortable insole wing. I used them while hiking and they were great. Seems to breathe well, not too hot in 100+ temps. Very supportive and grip on rocks was excellent. The laces, at least so far, are holding up fine. The only reason for giving them 4 rather than five stars is due to the narrow middle. My feet are fairly narrow, so it works for me. But it probably would be uncomfortable for anyone with wider feet.
I've taken them for a whole week of hiking at Lassen Volcanic National Park (after a couple of weeks of breaking them in around the neighborhood and a weekend of light hiking in Lake Tahoe) and they felt absolutely fantastic and gave me plenty of grip and support. The waterproof cover performed admirably in shallow creeks and streams and I've gotten used to the "quick lace" feature which is more a gimmick than an advantage.
Overall I highly recommend them specially compared to the Moab 2 GTX or other similar offerings
By Thomas Fioretti on March 16, 2020
UPDATE: I ended up sending the shoes back and ordering a size up before hiking in them. There just was enough toe room to allow for swelling feet and going down hill. I hiked 8 miles in the new pair in size 14ee. After about 5 miles I noticed a blister starting to form on the outside of my big toe. Simply not wide enough. And I don't have freakishly wide feet. I'm not knocking the shoes, they're great hiking shoes. Salomons are just for people with super narrow feet and the wide versions are for people with regular/narrow feet. Looks like I'll be buying more Keens.
Top reviews from other countries
I love Salomon Ultra's because I love the designs and and I find them really comfortable.
However, I'm finding that the soles and internal material (especially around the heel area) are wearing out a lot quicker that the previous Ultra version (of which I've had a few).
So for me, great shoes, but I think Salomon's material quality has decreased.
I am a UK10, but had to return twice before settling on their size 11.
Sport Shoes direct were very good with the turnaround of different sizes...however it did cost me £6 each time to return them.
So just be careful about the size you think you need