|Price:||$104.98 - $180.04 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
|Fits as expected||
- Textile and Synthetic
- Rubber sole
- Weather protection : full waterproof bootie
- Stability : 3d chassis stabilizes the foot without sacrificing forefoot mobility
- Aggressive grip: contagrip with aggressive lug design ensures grip on all surfaces and terrain types.
- Outsole: high abrasion contagrip / high traction contagrip
- Chassis: 3d advanced chassis
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
XA Pro 3D CS WP
Play in any weather
There's no bad weather when you've got the right gear. Get out there and play with the elements. The XA Pro 3D CS WP is the iconic adventure shoe that connects you with every type of terrain and couldn't care less about the conditions.
Stability - Grip - Long-lasting Protection.
27mm/16mm (11mm drop).
13.6 oz (Size US 9M).
- Premium Wet Traction Contagrip
- 3D Advanced Chassis
- Compressed EVA / injected EVA
- Molded EVA / EVA shaped footbed / OrthoLite
- Climashield Waterproof
- Protective rubber toe cap
- Sensifit / Asymmetrical lacing / Friction free lace eyelet / Quicklace
- Lace pocket
GORE-TEX Weather Protection
Engineered with durably waterproof GORE-TEX providing greater flex, better cushion and less weight.
Sensifit cradles the foot from the midsole to the lacing system, providing a secure, snug and virtually customized fit all around the foot.
The Advanced Chassis provides stability, foot control and protection. It combines an EVA midsole for comfort and less fatigue, a TPU Chassis for stability and a Contagrip outsole for protection and grip.
The proven, all-weather adventure shoe with climashield™ waterproof delivers an incredible fit, durability, and a grip that inspires confidence.
Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern alpinism. Driven by a passion for skiing and design innovation, Francois Salomon and his son George designed and perfected much of the first modern ski equipment. During the following 60 years, Salomon's commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in boots, skis and apparel and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for hiking, adventure racing, mountaineering and trail running. Through performance-driven design, Salomon enhances mountain sports by converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility.
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 9 x 5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B01J3ZDA2M
- Item model number: 393665
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 17, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The waterproofing is too hot for my feet in my temperate climate (Santa Barbara, CA) of 70F-80F on average. I put them on for maybe 1.5 hours and my feet felt too hot. My feet never have issues with sweating or anything, but they just felt too insulated.
2. The crinkly noise doesn't bother me, in fact I didn't notice it until I read about it in the reviews. But it is definitely there, I can flex my toes and hear and feel the plastic crinkle. nbd to me.
3. I didn't see any other reviews that mention this, but there is a scooped out part so your ankle bone (that big round knob) doesn't rub. But on these shoes, it feels like that scooped out part is too far back and my ankle bone is rubbing on the front. I've never had this issue with any other shoe or even boots that go over the ankle. I am going to hope this will go away after a breaking in period. (I'll put in a pic to show the ankle bone thing)
4. Heel feels loose. Like it lifts out of the back and the shoe doesn't come up with the heel at first. Maybe since they are new/stiff? Idk if this would change over time but it doesn't feel like it. Not a major big deal but less than ideal. The shoe fits nice and snug everywhere else and I wouldn't want a smaller size.
Okay, that's it for the cons, now to PROs:
1. Nice build: Looks great, feels real snug w/ the lacing system which is fast and secure. I usually don't bother to untie my shoes since it takes extra time, so I usually wear them loose and slip them on and off, but with these it's so fast it's no problem. Also just feels like a real solid shoe, well insulated and built tough. (this could be a bonus for anyone wearing them in cold weather, but it rarely drops below 50F here, even in the winter.) Good support. Bottom tread feels grippy and looks like it will last.
2. Price isn't bad ($100) for a quality shoe, esp when lots of others are in the $150-$250 range these days. I think this is the logical shoe to get if you are stepping up out of the $40-$60 shoe bracket or down from the aforementioned.
3. Product support by Salomon is repair/replace for first 400 miles, or so I've been told. Plus Amazon has a great return policy, which I am going to utilize now to trade these in and get a NON- waterproof/GTX/Gortex pair in hopes they will be cooler (temperature wise)
I hope this review helps you get the right shoe for you. If you have a question I will try to answer it. :D gl
Oh yeah, SIZING: I normally wear a men's 11 (I am male); I ordered a men's 11 and it feels just right, with just a little bit of extra room in the toe. I would not want smaller or larger.
First I must preface that I normally wear a size 11 but based on previous reviewers I ordered a half size larger than normal. The 11.5 was a great choice. When I initially tried them on I was a bit nervous due to a slight gap between my toes and the front of the shoe (maybe MAYBE 2 cm) but I was able to try the shoes (size 11) on in REI about a week after purchasing and I absolutely made the right decision.
My two favorite things about these shoes are the drawstring laces and the waterproofing.
The laces are incredibly easy, quick and durable. I think half the reason I wear these everyday is because they’re so easy to put on.
For the past two weeks I’ve been wearing these in the snow and they are great. It is a goretex waterproofing so it’s extremely durable. My feet have stayed warm and dry the entire time. I am slightly concerned for the summer with breathability but I love them so much I’m considering purchasing a second pair that isn’t waterproof for then.
Overall I would completely recommend these to anybody with an active outdoor lifestyle. I’ve put these shoes through the ringer and still look as good as they day I got them.
(PSA- if you are purchasing these for use on set, I would recommend wearing them for a bit beforehand. The material is pretty loud when initially wearing them but after about two weeks they broke in.)