|Price:||$76.73 - $338.00 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
|Fits as expected||
- Anti-Debris Mesh/Water Resistant Textile
- Rubber sole
- The fourth generation of our legendary Speedcross lug pattern is an even hungrier monster for eating up soft, technical trails.
- Feel one with the trail with a precise combination of Sensifit with Quicklace, performance last shape and endoFit.
- Just enough to provide protection for technical trail running.
- WEIGHT: 310g, MIDSOLE HEIGHT : 30mm/20mm (10mm drop)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The 4Th edition of our iconic and aggressively lugged trail runner for tearing through technical, soft ground with speed.
Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern alpinism. Driven by a passion for skiing and design innovation, Francois Salomon and his son George designed and perfected much of the first modern ski equipment. During the following 60 years, Salomon's commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in boots, skis and apparel and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for hiking, adventure racing, mountaineering and trail running. Through performance-driven design, Salomon enhances mountain sports by converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility.
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 9 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0711V87GQ
- Item model number: Speedcross 4
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 17, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The toe box is SLIGHTLY wider than the prior years. This works to my advantage as I feel they fit more comfortably.
2. The tread on the bottom has a very minor change, but makes a big difference in stability. The "V" pattern is now the same all the way across the bottom of the shoe. The 3's had a 1/2 V along the outside perimeter which could cause a little unstableness on rocky terrain. I've noticed greater balance with the new design.
3. The cutout on the back of the shoe around the base of the ankle is just a little lower. Not a big design difference but makes the shoe overall more comfortable for long runs.
These things were ready to go right out of the box as well. No need to break them in. I went for a 4 mile trail run the weekend they arrived and my feet felt great the whole way. No blisters or soreness whatsoever.
I will deffanetly be buying another pair of these in the future without hesitation. There is, in my opinion, no close second.
Narrow foot all around
Size 8 in Asics, went with size 8 in salomon
First of all the fit of these on me are amazing. Received these just in time for an intense 14 mile out and back day trip with a 9200 elevation gain (loose dirt at the bottom, sharp rock in the middle and shale at the top) and these functioned fantastically. After I got home I inspected the bottoms for wear. They looked perfect with an exception to the inner side of the right shoe. It looks like there is a manufactoring defect in the foam of the shoe and the rubber sole doesnt cover the bottom completely.
My knees hurt pretty bad by the time I got home and decided I needed to break them in more so I went on a 10 mile walk. Now the knobs on the soles are starting to round over.
What they are good for:
What they are bad for:
Pavement! You will be lucky to get a month out of them
Sandstone (have not tried but considering the pavement...)
Laces. (The drawstring lace works fantastic) there is also a pouch in the tongue of the shoe to tuck the excess
Stickieness of the tred
Rubber extends about an inch up the side which prevents them from ripping
Tread life on hard surfaces
Defect in right shoe (will most likely be the cause of failure)
I will update this post once I wear them out