Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on February 18, 2016
I'm on my 35th pair of SpeedCross 3's and needless to say I'm in love. I'm a long-distance backpacker and trail runner and these shoes are nothing short of amazing. I have narrow feet with a very high arch and they fit like a glove. I routinely put in 25-45 miles a day in these and they hold up fairly well. They're best for actual trail - mud, dirt, rocks, snow etc. When I'm hiking on real tread I'll get roughly 550-650 miles out of a pair. If I'm road walking on flat, even, jarring surfaces it's closer to 300 miles per pair. They are a TRAIL shoe afterall! I only gave them 4 stars because I've contacted Salomon with some upgrades that I'd love to see emplimented.... Because I put so many miles on my shoes their lifespan is roughly 1 month. I've had almost every color they've came in. If you're looking for a trail shoe and have narrow feet with high arches this is THE shoe! Excellent traction. Low to the ground. Great reaction to the trail under your feet (ability to respond quickly). They somehow ALWAYS look clean?!? For my foot, it's the best out there and I forsee another 35 pairs in the future. *works well with microspikes and light crampons*
review image
33 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 27, 2017
the only thing i like about these shoes is the tread. the lacing system is horrid. the plastic piece that is supposed to keep the laces "tied" loosened up on every run. i had to stop frequently on my runs, which i find very annoying. who uses wax for shoe laces, too? wax laces increase the chances of them loosening up, as well. because i kept cranking down on the lock, i developed tensor tendonitis, which made me stopped running for several months (yes, that was my fault).

when i called salomon about the issue they said the lock shouldn't be loosening up. they charged me to send me new laces (thanks for charging me when your system stinks). no apology. when i received the new laces, i found them extremely difficult to insert through the tiny holes. they give you a piece of plastic to thread the lace through. because the plastic piece is mushy, you can't get it through the holes to insert the new laces. i wasted so much time on trying to thread these shoes. i am absolutely frustrated with the lacing system and having spent nearly $100 on these shoes.

i had high hopes for these shoes. the only redeeming quality is the tread; however, what good is the tread when i can't thread the laces and use the shoes??? if solomon's customer service had an ounce of compassion and a better solution (and didn't charge me for the new laces and locks), perhaps i wouldn't be as angry as i am. what a waste of time and money. i don't recommend theses shoes -at least this lacing system.

i even asked my shoemaker if he could change the lacing system, and he said it would be difficult and costly. i would prefer regular laces that do not cut into the top of my foot. i am sure solomon could improve upon this product by using a real lacing system instead of trying to be different.

so, it is a beautiful snowy day, and i have no good running shoes with great tread.

- laces cut into top of foot
- customer service less than helpful
- lace locks do not work well
- stop to tighten laces frequently

- sole
on March 26, 2015
This is the first pair of shoes that I have ever bought that were amazing right out of the box. I have been running and trail running for years. I have been professionally fitted for shoes several times and none of them have felt a perfect as these. I did a 3 mile trail run with these on day two with them and really loved the way the gripped the ground. The tread on the bottom looks almost like cleats, but it is so different. The spacing in the tread keeps dirt, mud, pebbles and other stuff from sticking to the bottom, so you don't lose any traction. It is genius. The support is right on spot. I run with a mild pronated gait and the stabilization in these works just perfect and the arch support is not too high, but noticeable. They hug my heels without feeling restrictive. The toe box is roomy, but still snug feeling. A narrow foot might find them a little big. After 3 miles, my toe were not tingling like a lot of first runs with new shoes.

I love the laces! They are quick and easy to use and there is a little pocket in the top of the tongue to put them in so they aren't bouncing around, which I love not having to weave them under the crossed laces or into the side of my shoe. See my pictures, no weaving class before purchase necessary. :)

This shoe is very nice looking. The loud colors put me off for a while, but I was surprised at just how good this shoe looks on. It doesn't make me look pigeon toed or like I am always standing in 1st position. I have received many compliments already. I couldn't find these locally, so most people to comment on them had not even heard of the brand, but thought they were super nice looking. (jealous much)

The actual quality of this shoe seems to be a 10. No weird, dried glue oozing out from anywhere and the sewn seams are all perfect. No loose strings sticking out. I will revise this review if I find the quality anything less than stellar. For now, I am impressed.

Ok, the real truth on sizing. Do not expect to wear your regular size. Use Salomon's guide for getting the correct size. If you aren't feeling like measuring your feet and cross checking on their chart, Order AT LEAST ½ a size smaller than what you normally wear. All the reviews stating the same are completely correct. I usually wear between an 8.5 and a 9 in running shoes. I ordered an 8 and still have wiggle room for my toes. THESE run BIG. I would hate for you to order and return these great shoes because of the fit.

So, wrapping this up, they look awesome, they feel good on, love the laces (no weaving class needed,) support is on point, grip on the trails is fan-freaking-tastic, THEY RUN BIG and would 100% be my zombie apocalypse choice of footwear.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 1, 2016
These shoes are the BEST! I'm an ultrarunner (run trails for distances over 26 miles) and these are the BEST running shoes for the trail that I have ever found!

They feel great on (hold my feet well, easy to loosen as my feet swell or tighten, if need be). They feel light and flexible (thankfully they do NOT have a rock plate - but they do protect somewhat from rocks) They GRIP very well!! Great in snow and in slippery mud - I just ran a VERY muddy race in the rain this last weekend and everyone around me was slipping - I was not. They have also revolutionized by downhill running ability. I used to be tentative on the downhills - but these dig in and hold the ground - minimal slipping. Can really charge the downhills.

Cons: They don't grip on wet rock that well. Also, even on the regular (non climashield) model, the upper is "water resistant" which is NOT great for draining water after puddle or stream crossings, or breathability when your feet sweat.

However, they are the best triail running shoes I have tried (they beat out Hokas, Saucony, Brooks and La Sportivas - can't do Altras), in my book. They helped me make it through the snow, technical trail, and tons of descending (and some climbing) of Western States, this year. Highly recommended.

Though they fit true to size, I have wide feet - usually go with a wide shoe, when widths are available. If you have a wide foot, I would size up (that's what I did) or go with the men's version of this shoe, which is a bit wider than the women's. You can try these on at REI to specify size.
on August 13, 2016
I just got these about 20 minuyes ago and am wearing them to break in, which doesn't feel like I need to unlike my other shoes. I usually don't have any problems wearing new shoes to workout or trail running and doing ibstacles. These shies are fantastic! I've used regular crissfit nike shoes for warrior dashes and have done great, though I did feel the weight down from being soaked up heavy with water, but I still had no problems climbing ealls and such. I can only imagine what boost these shoes are going to give me. I immediately went to climb a wall and I can see the hug benefit this will give me and the grups on the bottom is Fantastic! I am going to be doing some parkour and obstacle training today and cant wait.

I sm 7.5 womens shoe size with huge bunions from gymnastics and bsllet toe shoes

Fit's me true to size on how my others shoes are and how I like to wear them because of my wide feet as you can see my inside bunion in the pic

I have about almost anninch to the top snd the shoes feel light. There is no pressure on mybside bunion either. All in all I am very happy and these shoes were cheaper than my asics and nikes buy abouy 30-40 bucks
review imagereview image
on August 23, 2016
I am in love with these shoes and they were worth every penny! My only struggle was figuring out what size to get. My running Brooks are 9 but I am typically an 8. Based on the reviews, I decided to go with an 8 and they are perfect. I love the little pouch that hides the lace and didn't think I was going to like the weird lacing but it works. I am so steady on the trail running is a breeze. I put 16 miles every weekend on trails so I don't know how long they will last, bit I am going to enjoy every minute 😁
on March 28, 2017
This is my favorite trail running shoe! The increased traction is amazing for going down hills-- it's almost like wearing cleats, except softer. The shoe will increase your confidence and stability on the trails and I highly recommend it. Plus it has a comfortable toe box so it doesn't strangle your feet.
on February 13, 2017
Love these shoes! Fit great and are stylish. My 81 year old mother also purchased a pair after seeing mine. She has the lime green and gets so many complements on them, as do I on my pink. Everyone asks where we found them. Love the fact that they are actually a trail running shoe. The extra grips on the bottom help her with her walking to not slip as she is older and has to be extra careful with her walking. Great shoes!!
on June 28, 2016
After months of researching and comparing brands, I finally made the decision to use these shoes for my Spartan race. BEST decision ever!
These shoes fit perfectly. I usually wear a women's 8 1/2 in most shoes. Since your feet tend to swell during extended walking/running, then I ordered a half size up so I would have room in the toe box. The fit was exceptional. These provide excellent arch and heel support for high impact activity. I personally prefer their fit to the Asics and even the NoBull shoes I usually wear.

Their grip was exactly what I needed for where I was running. The terrain I was on was at a ski resort so lots of steep hills and lots of mud (thanks Spartan!) Not once did I ever slip even in the slickest mud and wet grass. The bottom of these shoes gripped onto the ground and did not let go! It gave me more confidence to go faster knowing I wasn't going to play slip 'n slide.

The grip on the rope climb left something to be desired. My husband recorded my attempt to climb and my feet were slipping horribly. Aside form the fact that I was exhausted by that point, the shoes would not hold the rope between my feet. This isn't what they were made for specifically so I'm not going to lessen my rating because of that but I know many of you probably are considering the for OCR so I'm just throwing it in there.

In regards to how they retained water, I was very impressed. Water drained extremely fast and I did not have any issues with rocks or small stones getting lodged into my shoes. I like how easy the laces are to initially secure them and I like the little pocket on the tongue on the shoe to hide the extra lace but once the shoes were wet and had gotten dirty, the piece that slides on the laces to tighten/loosen them was jammed and would not budge. It took some force but I got the shoes off. After quite a bit of rinsing under cool water and using a small brush, I managed to get the slider clean enough to move a little bit but it still will not secure the laces. Not sure how to fix this unless I just cut it off and get regular laces???

Overall, I am very, very satisfied with this purchase. I think the brand is amazing and perfect for OCR and terrain running. These will not work well on cement or smooth surfaces. They are designed for grip on the earth so use them for trail running or something like OCR. You will not be disappointed.
11 comment| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 5, 2017
Disappointed that the normal size in my sneaker was way too small. I normally wear an 8.5 in a shoe but always get a 9 in any sneaker especially running sneaks but these were way too small and I know I'm not a 10. They came from China, and I know clothing that I've ordered from china has always been way too small. Thinking this may be the case as well. Disappointed because they were extremely attractive!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.