Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on February 1, 2013
We have been to Hearth in NY a couple of times, so I was glad to get my hands on Chef Canora's cookbook. Sure, some of the recipes are a bit involved, but you can skip those. I especially like the background that he gives on each of the recipes, even admitting one of them was based on Progresso Chickarina soup! (I made that one, and it was way tastier than its antecedent!) I recommend this to any intermediate or advanced home cook for regional Italian cuisine.
on April 8, 2014
Marco Canora's food consistently is a favorite with those of us lucky to live in the same city as his restaurant, Hearth, and this is a truly worthwhile book to own for anyone who wants to cook better-tasting food and further their understanding of proper culinary technique. It's approachable, well-written, and every recipe I've cooked thus far is absolutely delicious.
on May 21, 2016
This is an exceptionally great cookbook. Every recipe is delicious. I use often for company as it's a never fail cookbook. In my top five cookbooks.
on August 1, 2011
Bought this after expierence Marco Canora's food first hand and seeing him on the Next Iron Chef. And this book is fantastic for someone(s) who already have some basic cooking knowledge and willing to learn some new technics. Many of the recipes are classic italian dishs and will help you understand and perfect the underrated basics in cooking (how to tell when the pasta is perfect ad always finishig cooking it in the sauce.
on June 9, 2011
this is the BEST COOKBOOK I have bought in a long time. The cooking is wonderful and the recipes simple and delicious. He is an outstanding cook, and I will have to visit his restaurant in NY soon. I love this Book, get it if you really want to cook good simple REAL Italian food.
on August 16, 2012
When I read a cook book I want more than recipes, I want to learn from it. This book has by far taught me more than any other book that I have read yet. (It gives you little tips that make huge differences on the final product.) I highly recommend this book.
on November 29, 2014
I am experimenting with different kinds of salt. This is a great addition to my kitchen collection.
on January 30, 2011
I went to Italy for a cooking class this summer. This is what true Tuscan cuisine is all about. It is one of my favorites that I have gotten and I buy allot of cookbooks.
on May 20, 2011
I have enjoyed this book. I was afraid that the receipes would be too involved but they are easy to do.
VINE VOICEon November 19, 2009
This is a good collection of Italian recipes along with some hints and tips on technique, ingredient selection, and the like. I have tried several and all have been tasty and easy to prepare. The text is nicely illustrated.

The recipes and techniques are designed for the home cook of average experience and ability; no exotic ingredients or arcane skills are required.

I would prefer that recipes and reminiscences be published in separate volumes but this is a personal preference. His tales are interesting but when I grab a recipe book, I want just that--recipes. However, I readily acknowledge that many readers will not agree with me and will prefer this kind of semi-coffee table book.

A good buy at the price.