Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Size: 8.5 B(M) US|Color: Black Leather|Change

Showing 1-10 of 626 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 690 reviews
on September 1, 2015
Nice pair of boots but my legs were swimming in them. The boot opening is huge compared to my calves (I'm 5'6" 110lbs 13.5" calves). I should have paid more attention to the boot opening dimension. Everything else seems great though: comfortable, relatively accurate sizing (they are on the larger side), good traction, quality leather/hardware, etc.
review image
55 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2015
Fake... these smelled like plastic, not leather, when they arrived. I realized they were knock offs when the label was rubber on the sole instead of being the silver "Sam Edelman" label. Needless to say, these were returned, and I ordered real ones from the Sam Edelman site. The real ones smell like leather, and arrived a beautiful whiskey color.
on December 12, 2014
I have to say that I fell in love with these as soon as they came out of the box; unfortunately, they are too tall and cut into the back of my knee. I'm 5'4" with a 31" inseam and I couldn't climb my stairs nor sit down as the boot was into the back of my knee. Too bad, the boot is incredibly soft and beautiful.
on November 16, 2016
Overall these boots are amazing. Great value for the money. I've received many compliments on them and would recommend them to others. I have athletic calves and narrow ankles and my biggest gripe with most riding boots is the bunching that inevitably occurs around the ankles after normal wear. I am noticing less of this with the Penny Riding Boot but it still feels to be a bit loose around the ankle.

Pros:
- beautiful, premium quality and overall fit
- very comfortable
- true to color
- soft buttery leather
- easy to zip on and off
- elastic detail on shaft provides a little wiggle room to fit boot socks or thick leggings

Cons:
- Small amount of bunching around the ankle (for those w/ narrow ankles)
review image review image
on November 16, 2016
I have a boot addiction. I bought these boots in search of a Frye lookalike boot but with more comfort and stretch. I purchased these boots in grey and they were beautiful and crisp coming out of the box. The inside of the top of boot is shorter than the outside part of the leg which leaves an asymmetrical appearance that I like. I am a typical 9.5 in boots and a size 10 in shoes. I have small calves and long, thin legs and these fit mine perfectly. Good boots like these will stretch with use. I am already noticing a bit of stretch around the ankle after only 2 wears. I hope this doesn't continue too much because I don't want them to appear baggy at the ankles. There is a touch of black shadowing along the base/sole and heel, which gives a classy look. There is a thicker patch of leather behind the heel that adds a nice effect as well. I like the zipper up the back with snap across. My only complaint is that the foot is pretty tight in width and I have extremely narrow feet. I do have bunions, however, which is likely causing the problem. The area around my bunions feels the tightest and is already starting to show the knot through the leather. If you have bunions, I don't recommend these in comparison to other boots I own.
on December 2, 2016
I have these boots in black so I knew what to expect. I ordered a brown pair but theyes are different shades and it's noticeable.
on August 2, 2016
Had to ask for a replacement because both boots seemed to have streaks of dirt (or ink) that cannot be removed. I did try it on and fits good as expected.
review image review image review image
on January 5, 2016
The perfect riding boot. I was hunting for a boot I could wear in a professional environment with skirts/dresses, but also with leggings/jeans on the weekends. I bought and returned so many boots, some that were double this price, but these won in the end. These are so versatile! I am typically a size 8 in regular shoes and 8.5 in boots (and most Sam Edelman shoes!) but these ran big so the 8.5 was way too big and the 8 was perfect. The leather is so very soft, doesn't feel stiff, moves so well, and doesn't irritate the back of your heel. Leather slightly stretches over time, so they are perfect to wear with tights or a very thick sock. I'm 5'4" 120lb and don't think they are too wide. The calf is a bit roomier than most of my boots but not swimming by any means. I like a little extra room since I don't have to just wear them with leggings, jeans will work just fine without feeling stuffed. Also, I love the tread at the bottom of the boot, why don't all winter shoes have that!?
on September 6, 2016
These boots are a strong choice for the pricepoint. Take my review with a grain of salt as I have a wider toebox than the "average" foot.

The leather comes in a nice warm copper-brown, the heel is solidly made, but not so high that it becomes impossible to wear them for more than a few hours.

Full disclosure: This was my second time buying this exact pair of shoes (first time from Nordstrom 2 years ago), so obviously I like this style of boot. They are awesome as a go-to about-town flat boot and can be work with pants or a dress, BUT they do take 2-3 weeks to properly break in and adjust to your foot shape (e.g. to avoid pinching).

One major difference, this new pair's color started fading on the wrinkled spots of the boot's upper WAY faster than last time. Obviously a bit of polish or a good cobbler will be able to set them straight, but for the pair being reviewed, the color was not nearly as lasting as with my first pair.
on November 13, 2012
I've been looking for a boot that had an "Olive" type of shade to it. When I saw these on Amazon, I had to have them! At first I was hesitant because I have 15" calves and I was afraid they might not fit, I took a chance on them anyway. When they arrived, the foot looked a little narrow, but when I put them on they were just fine. I thought they might be a little snug, but after walking around in them, they got to be more comfortable. They fit my calves as well! :) So I'm overall happy with my purchase! Btw, I usually get a size 7.5 in boots, but I find that "rider type" boots tend to run a little big, so I got these in a 7. Hope this review helps!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.