Truck Reviews Beauty Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Samba Brazil
Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 14, 2013
It had some songs I have not heard in many years, and the price that i pay for was AWESOME!
One person found this helpful
on February 10, 2015
Love this CD this Nana really likes it to secretly dance to
on March 12, 2015
Very happy with the service and the condition of the material... all very good!
on December 8, 2011
Fantastic "The whole house is dancing" This music takes me back to my years of visiting and living in Brazil. The music is life!
on February 4, 2013
Not the best Brazilian music CD I've ordered, I have the remaining two-of a series of 3 and this time I was dissapointed.
on November 3, 2003
This CD has a good mix of samba songs. It was well thought out and there are many classic songs on here by great artists. Be sure to check out Pagode queen, Beth Carvalho's "Rose Vermelha", Gal Costa's "Aquarela do Brasil", "Conversa de Botequim" by Doris Monteiro, and Leila Pinheiro's "Um Samba".
5 people found this helpful
on February 21, 2001
I took a chance on this one and frankly my expectations have been disappointed. I was hoping for the big churning sound of samba bands full on, with the sort of drive and exuberance that Carlinhos Brown brings to the party. Whereas most of the stuff on this album is "mellow" and meandering, yet another take on bossa nova and MPB.
Maria Bethania has a wonderful husky voice and there are a couple of other intriguing tracks that I'll fillet out, but in my collection this CD gets filed under "Forgettable".
Anybody looking for a taster of Brazilian music, I would suggest checking out Sergio Mendes's "Brasiliero".
34 people found this helpful
on June 22, 2003
This is a very good CD that gives you good introduction to samba's sounds. The songs are well constructed and a lot of them are memorable. To my taste, however, I prefer more agressive samba that I have heard on other samples that use a faster rhythm.
6 people found this helpful
on February 27, 2011
A fantastic intro to music from Brasil. 10 bucks? Cheap at twice the price.
Just get it. You'll listen to it all the time.
on January 5, 1999
Great CD. Gives listener a taste of all of the sambas out there, from samba enredo to samba bossa nova to samba canção. All tracks are good and the liner notes are a good primer on Brasilian samba.
15 people found this helpful