Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on June 6, 2007
I can't recommend Andrew Sullivan's "Same-Sex Marriage: Pro and Con" highly enough.

It's an anthology, and the pieces excerpted do exactly what the title says: they provide a reader into pro and con positions in the same sex marriage debate. Sullivan is very fair. He really does present a variety of points of view.

The reader is so thorough, after you've read it, you may realize that it would be hard to say anything new on the topic.

In addition to being useful, I found the book fascinating. It's intriguing to read of how marriage between persons of the same gender was conceived long ago in China, or in Medieval Europe. I do use the book in classes I teach, but I also enjoyed reading it.
on March 18, 2014
Nothing awesome here. More or less explained the sides of this issue. I bought it for a friend who's not pro same-sex marriage in hopes that he'd read something that'd get him to think. Not powerful enough to accomplish that.
on July 8, 2014
My only regret is not reading this book when it was first published. Anyone that doesn't feel the same way after finishing it, needs to read it again.
on January 21, 2013
I really like this book, even though I have yet to finish it, I will keep it and finish it after nursing school. It was really helpful for my class and outside.

It came in great condition and on time.
on May 25, 2013
This book has an interesting approach to offering a balanced view. It was helpful in the study of the same sex debate.
on December 30, 2009
This book was a last-minute reference for a term paper, so I was under time constraints. It arrived promptly and was in excellent condition.