Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 24, 2010 7:03:26 AM PST
S. Afshar says:
Are these the same versions as are contained in the blu-ray boxed set that was released in 2008? I have little to no interest in buying part III, but if there is compelling reason to buy the boxed set over I and II individually (better restoration, better extras) I can be persuaded.

Thanks.

Posted on May 26, 2010 8:03:50 PM PDT
The standalone releases only have the audio commentaries for bonus features. The box set had all the features on a fourth disc.

Posted on Jun 26, 2010 11:46:51 AM PDT
Does anyone know what happened to a few scenes from the original ("Part I") theatrical release? I'm speaking most notably of the scene that took place immediately after Connie's wedding, when Don Vito gathers his sons and goes to visit consigliere Genco Abbendando, who is "not expected to last the night" in the hospital, and in which Genco implores The Godfather to "do some of your old tricks, pull a few strings" so that he may avoid his clear fate of impending death, and the Godfather's very memorable response "YOU BLASPHEME! - RESIGN YOURSELF". I haven't seen this scene in any videotape (and I even purchased a delux boxed, coffe table book sized video collection on Ebay in an an attempt to get this one scene), DVD, or TV re-run since 1972. I hoped to find it on the "Coppola Restoration" Blu-Ray, but no luck there either. Where did this incredibly memorable scene go?

Posted on Jun 26, 2010 12:52:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2010 12:53:03 PM PDT
paper tiger says:
I don't recall that scene. I had the DVD box set, the Blu box set, and now I have on Blu the first two individually. I don't remember that scene in any of them.

Sounds interesting though. Odd that such a scene wouldn't be in the Coppola Restoration in Blu.

Posted on Oct 15, 2010 8:31:56 PM PDT
JOLUBOGA says:
That scene is in the book, not the movie.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 24, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 15, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about