BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 2, 2014
I gave this wonderful book 5 stars because I couldn't give it 10. Long a Patterson fan, I've read close to every book he has written. But this bok gives us something g different than the usual, action-packed Patterson. The characters are so well developed, along with the setting, per normal Patterson you are right there in the story. That's not different. But in this book we see that, to quote Mr. Patterson, love never dies. Love endures. Of course, I don't want to be a spoiler. Sometimes those we love the very most are taken from us in an instant. But love never dies. This book will touch your heart so strongly, I admit at times I cried as though my own heart had been broken. Other times, you will laugh at the silliest things. But isn't that how life really is? One moment you're l laughing until your sides hurt and in the very next instant, you are heartbroken, left bare with your grief after a bitter loss.
I loved this book for a million reasons but if you want to have a million vacation into another life, both good and bad, dive into this lovely. It will surely leave you thinking about life and loving yours.
on August 10, 2014
"Sam's Letters" is a delightful story of two love stories. We read it for a church book group last spring and culminated the event with a boat trip on Lake Geneva to get a real feel for the area. Living 50 miles away that was easily achieved. It was my first Patterson book and I intend to read more. He brings out the depth of emotion in the characters and keeps you reading to learn where both of these stories are going. The grandmother-granddaughter relationship is one to be admired .Both of the women had love relationships that were unique and special. That said they both had their hardships to endure and they gained strength from each other.
This copy was purchased for a friend who is a "new" reader--and she finished it in 3 days. Now I have her equipped with a library card as well.
on November 24, 2015
I've never read a love story by Mr. Patterson before and I have to say he is my best author. What a beautiful and touching story. I recently lost my best friend, my mother, and Sam is correct, love never dies. I miss her like crazy but I know she is in a better place and no longer suffering any pain. I can see my mother's smile. This book offered me comfort I did not know I needed. I look forward to finishing off the rest of this author's books.
on November 15, 2014
It's a love story. Patterson out did himself in this touching story of Sam and Jennifer. The reader falls in love with the heroines and aches over their aches, loves their loves. Patterson brings reality of life into this tale thus avoiding any "schmaltziness". Read this book and restore your faith in love.
on February 25, 2015
I want to start by saying that I have recently found a new hobby of reading. I read when I wake up, during the day and stay up late and read. Long story short I have read many books.. Some good, some not so good. This book will grab your attention and won't let it go. James did such a great job at making you feel every emotion that the characters feel. It brought me to tears in some parts. I will recommend this book to everyone. Blew my expectations out of the water.
on March 12, 2017
What a beautiful little tale. Heartwarming. Stayed up a little too late a couple of nights. The chapters were short and so I kept saying, "just one more" and then, "ok, just one more".
on March 2, 2017
Thus book is usually what I look for in a movie; a "chick flick" for sure! It's sad, it's happy and it allows you to reflect on your own life. I didn't want to put this book down!
on March 10, 2017
It was a quick read, but very predictable. Not one of those books that makes you cry your eyes out but mostly just a sad book.
on October 4, 2011
I was recommended this book from my mother on a long journey to las vegas from the east coast and I started to read this in the airport and I was immediately hooked, I wanted to know more and more. It was brilliantly written and the book just keeps you wanting to find out more about the letters that sam writes to jennifer and what happened. Its a very emotional book, I was literally crying. Its a great sunday read on a rainy day because it will be a book that you wont be able to put down, hands down. I would read it again.
on June 23, 2016
Somewhat of a tear jerker, but with a good ending. Definitely not the usual from Patterson!