From the Back Cover
Learn C++ in Just One Hour a Day!
In just one hour a day, you’ll have all the skills you need to begin programming in C++. With this complete tutorial, you’ll quickly master the basics, and then move on to more advanced features and concepts.
Completely updated for the C++11 standard, Sams Teach Yourself C++ in One Hour a Day — the seventh edition of Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days — presents the language from a practical point of view, helping you learn how to use C++11 to create faster, simpler, and more efficient C++ applications.
- Master the fundamentals of C++ and object-oriented programming
- Understand how C++11 features help you write compact and efficient code using concepts such as lambda expressions, move constructors, and assignment operators
- Learn best practices and avoid pitfalls via useful Do’s and Don’ts
- Learn the Standard Template Library, including containers and algorithms used in most real-world C++ applications
- Test your knowledge and expertise using exercises at the end of every lesson
Learn on your own time, at your own pace:
- No previous programming experience required
- Learn C++11, object-oriented programming, and analysis
- Write fast and powerful C++ programs, compile the source code, and create executable files
- Use the Standard Template Library’s algorithms and containers to write feature-rich yet stable C++ applications
- Develop sophisticated programming techniques using lambda expressions, smart pointers, and move constructors
- Learn to expand your program’s power with inheritance and polymorphism
- Master the features of C++ by learning from programming experts
- Learn C++11 features that allow you to program compact and high-performance C++ applications
About the Author
Siddhartha Rao is a technologist at SAP AG, the world’s leading supplier of enterprise software. As the head of SAP Product Security India, his primary responsibilities include hiring expert talent in the area of product security as well as defining development best practices that keeps SAP software globally competitive. Awarded Most Valuable Professional by Microsoft for Visual Studio–Visual C++, he is convinced that C++11 will help you program faster, simpler, and more efficient C++ applications.
Siddhartha also loves traveling and discovering new cultures given an opportunity to. For instance, parts of this book have been composed facing the Atlantic Ocean at a quaint village called Plogoff in Brittany, France—one of the four countries this book was authored in. He looks forward to your feedback on this global effort!