Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,252 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,345 reviews
on November 18, 2015
Amazing quality microphone. The sound is almost studio grade, and it even has three different recording settings (cardioid, cardioid -10db, and ominidirectional). I love the design too, with its compact swivel base that functions as a clip - to clip to your monitor, a desk stand, and a carrying method - when you swivel the mic into its clip (which fits well into the included carrying case). It uses standard Mini USB if you ever lose the cable, and it even has a hole to mount it to a microphone stand. It also has audio out functionality through the 3.5mm jack on the side, allowing you to hear both instant vocal feedback and, if you so choose, regular PC audio. It's also really tiny, and I can close my hand completely with it in my palm. I'm completely satisfied with the device and would highly recommend it to anyone who needs a great mic.
review image
This is a great portable microphone but it's a bit too shrill for my use on the radio, unless I was in a pinch and needed to use it. I do a lot of radio and of course, I'm set up with a more substantial microphone but if I were ever without my equipment (say laptop only) this would be a life saver if it was a toss up between the built in mic and the Samson Go.

It's powerful but it was picking up my background sounds too easily and too loudly. Couldn't adjust it enough for my tastes but it has some remarkable qualities. It's Tiny, making it great for travel. It has 3 settings for directional usage and it clips nicely to a laptop. Don't use it on your desk, if you do anything on your desk (like write) it will pick it up.
on November 18, 2015
Great little mic. I used this in a small classroom about 20' away from the professor and was still able to pick up the audio quite well. Audio quality is clear even at that distance and not muddy at all. So far, this is the best mic for a classroom setting I've found. I use it in conjunction with an Asus VivoTab Note 8 which is like a mini Microsoft Surface. With this mic and my tablet, I can record lectures and write notes simultaneously in OneNote which is perfect for going over things when you're reviewing notes.
on October 30, 2015
This is an excellent, high-quality product for a good price. Marketing materials suggest using it with a laptop which was my purpose, however I find several issues with this:

- Clasp is not thick enough to be convenient to put on top of my laptop screen.
- Picks up noise coming through my laptop speakers all too well, even using cardioid mode with multiple positioning configurations. This makes it very poor for conferencing.
- Laptop fan is picked up loud and clear, almost as well as my voice.

That said, I have no doubt I'll use this fantastic microphone for other purposes -- it picks up sound fantastically with an excellent flat frequency response.
on May 26, 2017
Great little mic for the price. I purchased this for a bit of voice work, and it's a surprisingly clear sound considering the size and the fact that I'm using it on it's own (without additional sound filtering). It comes with a clip that makes it really easy to attach to anything for recording (I use it clipped onto my laptop). For those more serious about recording I'd still recommend investing in an additional filter, but considering how easy this mic is to use and the fact that it's price point is under $200, I'd say that this is a no brainer for anyone looking to try out recording.
on April 17, 2010
In one word... amazing, i never expected such good quality out of small package, makes me think about all those big mics.... why they make them so big.

Pros
Quality, it sound almost as good as my Blue Yeti mic, perfect solution for on the go recordings.
Small, its very convenient to take with you on your pocket or laptop bag.
Construction, seems very solid, the base is metal and has very practical folding/clipping/stand mechanism
Price, at $35 i think its amazing what you get for.
Versatile, it even has headphone jack to hear your self in real time, it has 2 modes recording also great for such a small mic.

Cons,
Cable is a little too long and the bag cant fit it, this is not a big deal though.

This is great on the go mic, the quality of sound rivals imo big expensive mic maybe not 100% but close enough, and for $35 is a great investment even if you don't plan on moving with it, ideal for someone starting in podcasting, voice overs, and even someone that wants better sound our of their skype/ventrilo/or other voice programs. Don't let the small package and price mislead you, this is a superb quality microphone and great buy.
on June 25, 2017
Im docking one star because it says that it comes with a 10 foot USB cord and the cord is probably 6 feet at most. In addition, there's no room to store the mic and USB cable in the case, only the mic will fit. The mic and stand are a great product. Worked fantastically with my my Macbook Pro for recording meetings. Looks professional and easy to install and use. I use mine with the free Audacity software. The red light on the front tells you if the gain is too high, so that really helps you set the recording level at the right place for what you are recording.
on February 3, 2013
I was tired of the embarrassment on conference calls in having to explain away the lousy microphone on my Thinkpad W520 laptop, even after hacking away on its default recording settings to make my audio intelligible at all. For someone discussing details relating to a multi-dozen million dollar product, this is unacceptable yet seems prevalent in industry.
So I gave this a try, and it eliminated my problems. The cardioid pattern selection switch works and is great if you position the microscopic between you and a noisy laptop/desktop to help filter out the background noise. For non-real-time communications, the response on this mic is so great and offers so much margin that running just the default noise removal filters in a tool like Audacity you will get great recordings out of this worthy of publication.
The package is compact enough in its shipping case that you can just sort of throw it in your backpack and briefcase in case the need for decent audio conferencing or recording pops up. It is also pretty rugged at least when it is folded up and in the case. I just sort of leave it in my backpack even during international travel without much consideration for it and the mic is always in great shape.
For the downsides, this mic will clip pretty easily so be careful with how you set up your recording gain and make sure you speak at a moderate distance. This product can also benefit, like more sensitive microphones, from a wind screen but the shape of the microphone makes most off the shelf products fit rather strangely.
I really like the stand on this device, it is substantial and works well as both a stable base or a clip. But I would have preferred if the mic was somehow detachable and could be installed directly into a standard stand. Or, if that was not the case, have better cable management through the base so the cable isn't just awkwardly off the side of the head itself.
on May 21, 2015
I'm YouTuber and so microphones are a very big deal for me. In may earlier stages of my YouTube channel, I used the internal microphone for my computer HP ENVY.

This little microphone puts out MUCH better quality than that of the internal mic of the computer.
It is very durable inconvenient for travel when I cannot haul around my Yeti.

I will say that this is an excellent starting microphone. However, if you later on invest in a better microphone like the blue yeti, you will not want to go back to using the Samson go. You can really tell a difference in the quality then.

However, if you have to travel lightly, then it is an ideal microphone to carry which will not break under the pressure of being in tightly packed spaces due to its folding feature.

PROS
• small for travel or for a laptop
• folds easily for safe storage
• lasts a long time (I have never dropped mine so I don't know the extend of that durability)
• has different settings omni and cardioid
• Usb

CONS
• Not the best quality if you're used to Studio quality mics
• The hinge on which it pivots can wear down after time causing it to droop. ( this can be annoying if you have it clamped on your laptop. I had to skew it at just the right angle so that it wouldn't fall over forward.
on January 19, 2017
I am a math teacher and primarily use it to record examples or explanations of concepts that I post for my students to access at home or on their phones. The mic provides the ample volume and clarity I need and it is easily stowed away when not in use (little bit more difficult to do that with a Snow Ball). It's compact, convenient, and is a giant step up in audio quality from a $15 desktop microphone. Would definitely recommend for any teacher looking to post video/audio instructions or examples.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.