Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on February 26, 2014
This is a very large and robust case, which I really find can hold up well to travel. The lack of zipper really makes for a robust set up. But the sheer size can create some issues.

I have travelled several thousand miles with this bag, it's been lost twice, one time taking a cross country jaunt without me from coast to coast. It's bright and obvious to see, so baggage handlers can spot it in a sea of other bags, as can I.

So far I don't have any issues, although being so big it can be a bit cumbersome at times. What you lose in convenience you gain in storage space.

***

UPDATE

Having owned this case for less than four months and flown less than 30 times, my luggage showed up on the carousel missing a wheel.

Now I get that baggage handlers are not that gentle, and I get the bag was pretty full (although not even close to being deemed 'heavy' by the airline), but an entire wheel breaking off so soon after purchase is inexcusable.

The airline of course calls this reasonable wear and tear.

I've had it too long for Amazon to take it back.

And forget your ten year warranty from Samsonite; that's just a joke. They specifically exclude damage such as this. Yep, they make a bag with the word "F'light" in it, and then essentially tell you that their bags can't withstand the rigors of actually taking them on a flight.

The only upside is that the case is well constructed, so I can use it as a fairly weatherproof storage box. I'll have to buy another suitcase though.

I am beginning to question Samsonite quality control. I bought one that lasted well over 150 flights. Then another that lasted just months (the TSA lock broke so I couldn't lock it). Now this which lasted less than four months. At this rate I'm going to be spending $600 a year on suitcases. Beginning to wonder if I need to look to another brand.
99 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 21, 2014
Exactly after a year's satisfactory use I lost two of the wheels during my recent trip. It came out of the carousel without a wheel after outbound flight and without the other after the return flight. Now, completely useless for carrying. A very disappointed Samsonite purchase.
review image
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 25, 2017
The color is different from the web picture.
It is more blue than green.
review image
on March 2, 2016
I purchased 2 Samsonite Suitcases via Amazon. After traveling home via airports the lock on one of the suitcases was broken. So I’m very disappointed as the suitcase is not able to lock and secure my belongings after one trip.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 7, 2018
I've had this for a few years now and I've gone back and forth across the country with it several times. It's still in great shape and it's still the best suitcase I've ever had. The only thing vaguely negative I can say about it is that it has so much space it is easy to accidentally pack it over the weight limit and wind up scrambling to take things out while trying to check in at the airport. Two good accessories would be a luggage scale and a collapsible duffel to keep inside it in case you need to move some items into another bag to be checked separately.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 13, 2016
This is one heck of a rolling suitcase, it is absolutely enormous, but very light weight. The suitcase in question has three locks that keep all of the items inside safe and snug, i have owned this suitcase for months and used it countless times, it has held up very well, with near every other rolling suitcase i have owned, one of the wheels ends up giving out, rendering it, for the most part useless. Heck, with a suitcase this size i could pack enough clothes to go on a never ending vacation. Fly with an airliner that has cheap or free check in baggage, you'd be surprised at the weight you can wheel around in this thing.
on July 21, 2017
Has everything I was looking for in a new large suitcase. Hard sided, scratch resistant surface, and buckles, rather than zippers. A few years back there were many people being arrested in the airport at Manila Philippines for what they called tanem bala. Some bad actors were unzipping people's bags, while they were on their shoulder and depositing a bullet inside, so it would be found during security screenings. Many fail to realize how easy it is to open a zipper, using only an ink pen. They would have a tougher time on a locked buckle secured bag. Excellent bag and carries a lot of weight.
on May 25, 2017
This case is similar to an older Samsonite type that I had, but rolls much better. I have to see how long the handle holds up, but it's made it through several flights well, already.

The three closing clasps/latches have a tiny dial, of sorts, on them, that secures the latch in a closed position, when turned - this is a good thing, because when I do not have the dial in the "locked" position, they tend to want to open fairly easily.

So far, I am very satisfied with this case and have flown with it at least 7 times over the past month.
on May 24, 2015
These are lightweight for their size, very durable so far and roll easily through airports. Luggage on international trips can take a beating. We've got two of these (one black, one red) and both are still going strong after 4 international round trips and a 3 domestic round trips (over 60k miles/40+airports). Planning on buying a third soon.
on December 1, 2014
1 YR Review:
- Wheels are surprisingly good, I've roll them almost weekly on a lot of rough sidewalks and they are still sound.
- Shell shows some scratches but still great after all the punishment of US airports
- Latches are very good still. TSA lock feature is a blessing for me since I carry some instruments that always get checked by TSA.
- Very light and easy to handle.

Mine arrive with one of the strap anchor broken already. The reason I didn't send it for exchange is that I saw the screws are holding in a small piece of plastic that will break eventually if you put too much pressure on the straps.
The handle is kind of shaky, it doesn't fit snugly on the hole. The old style of two posts handle was better.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.