Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by The Lone Bellow GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Size: 17"|Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 403 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 426 reviews
on November 28, 2013
I was so disappointed when this bag fell apart after one year of use. I buy all my gifts on amazon, and read all reviews to make my decisions. This is the first thing I have purchased here that has not held up to my standards. I spent around $150 dollars for this bag, because it had a lot of space, it was very professional looking without appearing "dorky" or "bulky". I loved it and was so excited to give it as a gift when I received it because the material was great, it had many different compartments and fit the lap top PERFECTLY. One of the reasons I chose this particular bag besides it looking sleek and professional while still having the capability of storing many things, was because it appeared it would withstand heavy use, and carry a lot of different things: computer, papers, files, etc etc. Well, about a year after I purchased it, the leather completely ripped from the metal hook ring to the actual brief case itself. There is no way to repair this unless I want to put the hook through the actual material, which defeats the purpose of looking professional. If I had thought to review this after I bought it and received it, I would have given it 5 stars, I'm glad I waited until now to give my input. Great for someone who will use less often, do not buy for someone who needs a nice, durable brief case. I know from experience it is very hard to find that perfect one, but my advice would be to spend the bucks in a higher end store and examine the hooks and rings that connect before you purchase. Look at how it is stitched or sewn onto the bag.
review image
22 comments| 208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2015
Case advertised as leather, but after two month of use corners started to peal of and guess what? It is not a leather.
This is deceiving advertisement. Too bad I did not pay attention and just trusted seller. If I could give zero points , I would!
review image
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2014
Professionals are carrying less computer these days and more electronics like Ipads Ipods, storage devices, wireless mouse etc.. I carry a Sony 14 inch convertible, it did not come with mouse or dvd and I have an external TB hard drive and many small drives. This bag does it all to fit my little small office when I need to be on the road. I stock this puppy like stocking the bar and I am all set. I had an HP bag that was a real road warrior but she finally broke down after almost 20 years. If I get half the mileage out of this one, I am a happy camper. I saw a lot of the negative comments on this bag and I can't see much more you can ask from Samsonite. This is a great buy and I say if you are looking for a very nice middle of the road bag this is it. Now for those who question real leather or not, well they have some sites that sell leather bags anywhere from $400.00 to $2000.00, perhaps shopping on one of these sites will give you five stars, but this bag "um good".
on March 8, 2016
This product was very disappointing. The zippers were of terrible quality, the "leather" exterior was nothing like I expected when I asked several people at the office if they thought it was leather or plastic they all thought it was plastic. The little sample they attached of leather was more like what I expected and didn't get... The picture in Amazon was not correct for this reason. If you look at the front smaller zippered section it should drop down (the case was in the same position as you show here) so that little front cover should lay flat on your desk so you can easily access pens and misc. items in the little pockets. It can't lay down flat due to a piece of cloth on each end of the front cover so it only opens about 1/2 the way down, Amazon's picture shows no little piece of cloth on either end so it should drop down and lay flat... wrong... so I'm disappointed in the very poor quality of the bag and of a misleading photo on Amazon. I returned it to you.I instead bought a Case Logic nylon bag that opens the way I wanted and the quality of the bag sooo exceeds the bag I returned at about half the cost. Samsonite should be more careful about what they put their name on........
on December 8, 2015
Got it the day before the trip I'm currently on. I packed it pretty full for this trip (2 laptops, lots of chargers and other gadgets). It seems to have a little less capacity than the bag I just gave up (because that one started to rip in 2 places after 5 years), and my 15.4 inch Dell Precision 4600 barely fits, but does. This bag has fewer little "stuff" pockets inside, which I miss a little bit, but I figured out how to get all my junk transferred from the old bag to the new. It carries well, and fit over my roller bag handle fine. I even used the "expandable" feature, and it did give me a little extra room. Even expanded, it still fit in the overhead bin on both a little tiny 3-seat-across plane, and on a larger one.
on January 4, 2017
I bought this for my fiance as a Christmas gift. We really like it. It is good quality. It has a slot for a suitcase handle so it's great for travel as well as everyday use. It is rather large and has a LOT of compartments. If you tend to carry a lot of stuff in your briefcase this will work well.
on August 20, 2014
Before I get this review started Id like to say that if anyone thought when buying this bag they where getting genuine leather at the $100 price point they must be using some kind of drugs. Some kind of serious, powerful, brain damaging drugs.

With that out of the way, this is my second Samsonite Expandable Briefcase. 3 years prior to purchasing this bag I purchased the original Samsonite Expandable Briefcase. The original bag was great. I used it at least 6 days a week for 3 years often carrying around 25lbs of material (laptop making up most of the weight ). Of course as the years piled on the case lost its appeal as with most products. I loved the functionality and overall size of the briefcase. Most similar cases where either too small, didn't have enough compartments or just ridiculously retro designed. My favorite feature of all would have to be the middle zipper which makes the whole briefcase expandable.

Fast forward and now I have this new fresh briefcase and man for the most part its an improvement over the original design. First the inner lining of the bag is now a light grey color making it easier to look into. Before it was just a black windbreaker material. Often times I had to literally flip the bag upside down to find some of my small pencils and things because I couldn't see them. They also added an additional divider in the back compartment as well as a an additional zipped sleeve and a weird Velcro compartment that can unzip from the bottom for whatever reason. The interior also seems to be made out of a more cleanable stain resistant material. They also changed the bags zippers from a shiny polished metal to black making the bag more conservative ( perfect for business ). Last but not least they removed that ugly metal Samsonite emblem for a subtle engraved Samsonite logo.

The only possible downside to the cases changes would have to be the changing of the shoulder strap hooks from the polished raw metal to the painted black metal. The paint on the hooks chip as a result of their friction.

In closing this bag is everything you could ask for out of a professional briefcase. Such a good briefcase you might even grow attached and buy the same model 3 years from now.
on October 19, 2013
One thing I really like about the bag is the number of pockets and slots it has, you don't have to worry about things banging around loosely. Based on some of the reviews I thought the bag would be smaller than it was, it was bigger than I expected. All but the largest laptops should fit easily, I had no problem fitting my HP ENVY with a 15 inch screen. Nice professional look with a shoulder strap that allows it to double as a messenger bag. Will update as to the durability.

Another great part was I didn't have to deal with two boxes, the one it came in and the shipping box. Because it was an Amazon Warehouse Deal that I got for half the regular price, it came repackaged in a poly bag but absolutely nothing wrong with the briefcase itself. Honestly if you are not shopping Amazon Warehouse Deals you don't know what you are missing, most of the time the only thing wrong is the items come repackaged and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the item itself. Because Amazon apparently doesn't like reviewers to talk about the great deals they find in the Amazon Warehouse Deals we will keep this last paragraph on the down low between you and me.

Did I just say that, must have been my doppelganger or something, don't know what that last paragraph was about. The briefcase though is recommended at this time.
on September 18, 2017
It has too many compartments which interfere with it's capacity. I often travel with 10+ legal size files and end up having to stuff them in the multiple compartments. these multiple compartments are not displayed very clearly in the photographs, otherwise i would not have bought it. it is nice leather and seems to be well constructed.
on July 2, 2014
I read all of the reviews before buying- actually my wife gave to me as a Christmas present- and I am very happy with this purchase- REGARDLESS OF PRICE. Has held up well, still looks new and I carry on sales calls about 3 days each week. I am NOT rough with it but it does get tossed in my trunk and carried on airplanes and has no noticeable marks. Pockets and dividers well placed and expands if needed. a great buy!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.